What's new

Señor Dave's Zoning Report Card

Paul the Octopus

Slow Starter
I'm curious about how Jacqui deals well with low pokes. In my experience it is the opposite. It seems like everyone with a 5 or 6 frame low poke can stop her pressure with it. Her fastest move that hits low opponents is 7F. Even her fastest reversal is a high. Her F12 is good for footsies, but against people with decently fast low pokes she doesn't get anything if it's blocked. Also, the only thing that she has that leaves her + is the high rockets.

I'm curious on what she should do. Perhaps sometimes canceling into low rocket on blocked strings? If there is a strategy that I'm not doing that deals well with low pokes, then please let me know. I actually would like to improve my game.
What are all these five or six frame low pokes you are talking about? No one has these. Raiden has a six frame standing mid, Liu has a six frame high, and those are the fastest moves in the game that I'm aware of. Low pokes usually seven frames or more.

Jeffreys

Grundy think you handsome!
is GM sub zero really top tier? it seems most people that play in tournaments are not getting crushed by his tools. He is probably in the same position as smoke (a powerful character) but not top 5.

All of raiden's variations have pretty good zoning, its a means to an end and he can't just do it all day. Displacer can teleport away when he gets in, mos sets up traps and can EX fireball when hes trapped to run in for full combo, and thundergod gets to charge/cancel the projectile for a bit

I hear talks of vortexs, yet how many characters actually have one they can loop until u guess right? Should be only quan haha. Scorpion his OH f4_ can be fuzzied so nope but it is a standing reset. All I hear is 50/50s when that is like all fighting games lol and ppl still aren't maximizing back dashes or delayed wakeup..... Besides that, I think vicous ferra torr has some legit zoning
I've read a post from someone who is pretty vocal saying that something isn't a vortex because you get out if you guess right.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
How is kenshi unsafe on everything?

He literally has ways to make almost everything safe in balanced and can properly space out his push to be a huge problem. Oh and he has safe options against the entire cast, including tempest/buzzsaw lao and reptile.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
How is kenshi unsafe on everything?

He literally has ways to make almost everything safe in balanced and can properly space out his push to be a huge problem. Oh and he has safe options against the entire cast, including tempest/buzzsaw lao and reptile.
U should write the Kenshi balance guide and show everyone how to open up people w b3 and throw

The only way to make his specials safe up close is don't do them so Kenshi has to win w unsafe armor and hitting someone w 200 mids on block

There's a reason top players are running from him than to him. He's garbage compared to the majority of the cast. He use to be good but some people felt he was too OP I guess when in fact he was exactly what the top were.

You're not "properly spacing" Dvorah Cassie quan Kung Jin. And bringing up Lao is a poor attempt because Lao also isn't very good

I look forward to reo Denzel Tom or whoever debuting their Kenshi at Evo and using him all the way to the trophy

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Saving this spot for getting props for zoning and counter zoning with kotal kahn - war god. I got frames.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Unless it is quan, u are not in a loop where I have to guess OH or low. I will make a thread on what a vortex is actually supposed to be if I must. Most of the community seems to mix 50/50s with vortexes and they are not the same thing haha.
People are just overstating when it comes to oki game, calling it a vortex because you can't wake up for free. That's incorrect, I agree. But MKX already has more true vortexes than MK9 and IGAU had combined I think, so there's that.

Saving this spot for getting props for zoning and counter zoning with kotal kahn - war god. I got frames.
I thought that using his huge ass macuahuitl and advancing strings for outspacing people was going to be to-go way of his. Maybe we'll come to that in some MUs, but for now it seems that people struggle to do that with MKX pace.

Pig Of The Hut

People are just overstating when it comes to oki game, calling it a vortex because you can't wake up for free. That's incorrect, I agree. But MKX already has more true vortexes than MK9 and IGAU had combined I think, so there's that.
We are not talking about the oki
Cassie
Dvorah
Scorpion
Sub
Quan
Ermac
Raiden come to mind
@MITDJT

The only true vortex is quan tbh, no one else can keep looping u like he can meterless (not safe meterless but a true vortex). The rest are 50/50s and mixups if u guys want to see a true vortex, check out millia in guilty gear xrd or akuma in sf (before delayed wakeup)

We are not talking about the oki
Cassie
Dvorah
Scorpion
Sub
Quan
Ermac
Raiden come to mind
@MITDJT
Only quan on that list u can loop ppl, rest will run out of meter and scorpion his f4 to slow as I said. Got class, but will be back. I already told ppl what to look up for true vortexes
Sidenote: a vortex should have no escape but blocking correctly or the person on offense messing it up. Otherwise it just keeps going.

Pig Of The Hut

Only quan on that list u can loop ppl, rest will run out of meter and scorpion his f4 to slow as I said. Got class, but will be back. I already told ppl what to look up for true vortexes
U guys confirmed for combo breaker

Take$$$

gotta take it to make it
D'Vorah can loop meterless where only a few people can armor out of it I believe, can't even backdash it since she has an option to catch it and continue looping.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Vortexes that cost meter for every iteration are still vortexes though in my book. As long as opponent get meter and you guess wrong you are looped into same situation and have no other options short of breaker.

That said, TG Raiden can perform meterless vortex. Easier in the corner, but doable anywhere. Probably Lackey Torr too.