What's new

SCR 2014 Registration is Now "LIVE" Plus Caps for Injustice: Gods Among Us, MK and KI

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Yea I understand about accommodating Saturday pools for out of town guests and possible increase in attendants.

Gotta keep in mind, the more EC players starting on Saturday will = same region elimination at top 32.

Example Pool 1 winner will face off vs Pool 2 winner side.

We don't mix and match, randomize. or float Top 32 / Top 8 btw.
Yeah, I hear you -- I think people would be willing to put up with the seeding repercussions though, as long as they can make it. SCR has always been a great event, and a lot of people were looking forward to being able to travel to it; so I think people would be happier just having the assurance that there were some Saturday pools so they can make the event.

This includes Midwest players as well, and a couple other regions in addition to the EC.

It's definitely something a lot of guys have been talking about for months, and we're around that 'critical time' now where plane tickets start to go up in price week by week if they aren't nailed down.

Odoyle

Drops combos
Super Smash Bros is the 3rd biggest title.

Also, didn't you read my earlier posts?
Yes I did. For SCR sure, Melee is the 3rd biggest title. I wasn't disputing that. As far as the rest of the country, Injustice is the 3rd biggest game at this moment in time. My comment was that it should be treated like a top 5 game, not put it's pools at 10am on a Friday. I'm already pre-registered so it is what it is, but I think you're underrating the support for this game.

Yes I did. For SCR sure, Melee is the 3rd biggest title. I wasn't disputing that. As far as the rest of the country, Injustice is the 3rd biggest game at this moment in time. My comment was that it should be treated like a top 5 game, not put it's pools at 10am on a Friday. I'm already pre-registered so it is what it is, but I think you're underrating the support for this game.
What does pool start time have anything to do with underrating Injustice support?

Many games start on Friday at 10AM. (You also don't know your pool assignment so you could possibly start in the afternoon/evening.)

We also have a dedicated stream for Injustice.

What's the issue again?

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
Let's stay focused on the Friday/Saturday issue for now -- again CaliPower, I really believe that being able to have Saturday pools would allow a number of people to go ahead and register that wouldn't be able to otherwise.. And that the benefits of people being able to make the tournament will outweigh any effects of Saturday's pools having more out-of-town players.

Having a more diverse tournament with a larger number of entrants will be a big win for everyone in the end.

Let's stay focused on the Friday/Saturday issue for now -- again CaliPower, I really believe that being able to have Saturday pools would allow a number of people to go ahead and register that wouldn't be able to otherwise.. And that the benefits of people being able to make the tournament will outweigh any effects of Saturday's pools having more out-of-town players.

Having a more diverse tournament with a larger number of entrants will be a big win for everyone in the end.
Are you sure about that? Traveling across the country just to beat/lose to your local/region comp? It's tough either way IMO.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
Are you sure about that? Traveling across the country just to beat/lose to your local/region comp? It's tough either way IMO.
I'm pretty sure -- people have been looking forward to this for months and I've seen several people express disappointment that they wouldn't be able to make Friday-only pools. Injustice Top 16's have been wildly unpredictable since the patch, and there are no guarantees that people travelling from the same area will make it to begin with.

But we can ask the community.

Kitana Prime

Top-tier at everything but the characters I choose
CaliPower This is what I'm seeing.

Bigger cap, possible Saturday pools = on us a community

Fine. I understand the logstics of resources and everything.
Plus the whole EC (among other regions) needing to show up too. I get it. I'll be potentially coming from Miami myself. (which is DOWN SOUTH...F the technicalities :p) This I can deal with. We'll just have to prove (again) that we support our game. Why WE always have to, I don't know - but cool. That's not a dig at you or SCR btw, it's just irritating. Anyway, moving on...

My concern now, is the stage rule. Injustice's universal ruleset for every major since CEO back in June is double random - all the time.
Loser can select charcter which results in another double random by default or keep the same character and choose to double random the stage again.
Being allowed to pick a stage can - and has always been TOO BIG of an advantage. It matters too much in this game.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I have no problem with this cap. Valle is right, WC majors for NRS games are hype and have great comp but don't typically have 100+ turnouts. If we're capable then we'll prove that wrong. I for one will register as soon as I can afford the flight. I highly encourage people to go. SCR was a great great tournament both years I went for MK. One of the best.

I agree the stage rule needs to change though. I believe it will once Valle hears our concerns.

cR_whiteboi

Jobbers are mouthpieces for gods.
ya I agree, I was mad about the cap, but I do understand now. But those stage rules really need a switch.

CaliPower This is what I'm seeing.

Bigger cap, possible Saturday pools = on us a community

Fine. I understand the logstics of resources and everything.
Plus the whole EC (among other regions) needing to show up too. I get it. I'll be potentially coming from Miami myself. (which is DOWN SOUTH...F the technicalities :p) This I can deal with. We'll just have to prove (again) that we support our game. Why WE always have to, I don't know - but cool. That's not a dig at you or SCR btw, it's just irritating. Anyway, moving on...

My concern now, is the stage rule. Injustice's universal ruleset for every major since CEO back in June is double random - all the time.
Loser can select charcter which results in another double random by default or keep the same character and choose to double random the stage again.
Being allowed to pick a stage can - and has always been TOO BIG of an advantage. It matters too much in this game.
So double random is the community choice for sure?

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
Honestly, I think the "Injustice Cap" concerns were answered. I'm happy about everything I've heard so far. But seriously, please register as soon as possible! I will register next week!

We should definitely move this conversation on to something more important. Stage rules!

GGA HAN

Galloping Ghost Arcade
Honestly, I think the "Injustice Cap" concerns were answered. I'm happy about everything I've heard so far. But seriously, please register as soon as possible! I will register next week!

We should definitely move this conversation on to something more important. Stage rules!
May i humbly recommend these rules for character/stage selection? It uses "double random" but simplifies and clarifies everything!

http://testyourmight.com/threads/ggas-gbs-ruleset-for-injustice-can-the-community-agree-on-one-ruleset.40276/page-3#post-1238747

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
So CaliPower with the stage rules addressed it seems like the only major concern left is Saturday pools.. If we can get those, then all is well, full speed ahead plane tickets and all; and it's just up to us to register and show up.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
May i humbly recommend these rules for character/stage selection? It uses "double random" but simplifies and clarifies everything!

http://testyourmight.com/threads/ggas-gbs-ruleset-for-injustice-can-the-community-agree-on-one-ruleset.40276/page-3#post-1238747
I actually don't like this too much because it makes the "Hidden Select" option sort of irrelevant.

Maybe a quick "Pause Check" request at the beginning of the match might be best. That's how we do it in SoCal, we pause and check our stuff one final time and proceed.

Kitana Prime

Top-tier at everything but the characters I choose
I registered as soon as the link went up. Change the stage rule (EDIT- Which has happened!) and once I find out about pool placement, I'll buy the flight.
I want to come. I really do. Things are looking better and I hope you mufuckas pre-reg or whatever it takes so eventually we don't have to go through this.
Thanks for coming here to listen to our concerns - we plan to hold up our end of the bargain.

...and when we do, WE SHALL BRING THE HYPE AGAIN and showcase why Injustice is REAL in the FGC.

Believe In The Shield.

....wait. I mean, Believe in Patch 1.06!

cR_whiteboi

Jobbers are mouthpieces for gods.
I actually don't like this too much because it makes the "Hidden Select" option sort of irrelevant.

Maybe a quick "Pause Check" request at the beginning of the match might be best. That's how we do it in SoCal, we pause and check our stuff one final time and proceed.
hidden select would still be fine, because the fact that you can't go back to character select, so counterpicking is still fine. But I do get the element of surprise is lost.

Lilith

Baebality
Guys you can't shit on your game all year round then then expect TO's to welcome you with open arms. Especially if you don't prereg. Sorry but it's kind of hypocritical and a double standard. This wasn't the case early this year with UFGT though where the NRS community basically commanded the respect.

Of course, as always I have to say this does not apply to the supporters of the game like GGA and friends, but this is what happens. :(
Whoa Whoa Whoa with all due respect, certain top players who whine and bitch all the time DO NOT definite the community as a whole. The loud mouths of a few should not ruin it for the rest of us. We also do command* respect because we get dicked over....ALOT.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
Whoa Whoa Whoa with all due respect, certain top players who whine and bitch all the time DO NOT definite the community as a whole. The loud mouths of a few should not ruin it for the rest of us. We also do command* respect because we get dicked over....ALOT.
Amen!

Dude, not givin us any love?? MK9 at Evo 3 years?? etc....
I went to the Evos MK9/Injustice was at. I can't make every major, but I go to evo, and I used to go to UFGT until that whole fiasco went down. First Evo MK9 was at the crowd chanted "MK sucks". Next Evo anything that wasn't Capcom was in a completely separate ballroom, but that I actually didn't mind. Even then there was the obvious haze over any game that wasn't made by Capcom there. If you can't see that there is an obvious attempt at them suppressing anything that isn't made by Capcom at these venues, you're a fool.