What's new

SCR 2014 Registration is Now "LIVE" Plus Caps for Injustice: Gods Among Us, MK and KI

Like I said,

I'm not unreasonable to talk to guys.

Jumping to conclusions and thinking the worst is how people auto-assume negatives.

I'm yet to see MK to break over 64 entrants for the past few years we've had it at SCR.

Given Injustice is more popular and might have a few more hardcore players into it than MK... maybe, maybe not in the WC.

Let's also face the fact that EC does not travel to WC events like we do.

EC has many major events which they don't necessarily have to go to the WC. Unfortunately =(

So let's be logical about the caps instead of making absurd assumptions.

TO's that promise the world but lack logistic managing skills usually have the worst schedules or other unpleasant player experiences.

We're more than happy to raise the cap, however filling the pre-registration numbers is the only convincing factor for us to consider it. Otherwise we'll use the resources somewhere else.

Actions > Words

P.S. I really do have high hopes Injustice breaks the cap. We need more players overall!

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
I get paid next week....

...but until then...CONSIDER ME PRE PREREGISTERED! I got that weekend off :D the gimmicks they hunger

Minh Giang

aka ChrsitianDMG on Stream
lol injustice got 64? wtf?
tbh mk9 shouldn't have been there, srsly, i love mk but how many people still play it?

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
shit, i didn't mean it "shouldnt" :( . what i see is a tournament w/ 1000000 games and the game that is 3rd most popular game at tournaments, just got 64 ;___; ...
Well considering it got like 120 at NEC it's not the MK scenes fault injustice is at 64, it's the tournament. I'm just saying we had 24 at NEC for MK and it was really a lot of fun. I still go to tournaments to play MK, i just enter injustice for the lulz. I don't care if there is 11 people in it, it's still fun regardless. But I do understand your point and I agree that it's kind of disrespectful to the injustice community considering that game does have good numbers.

Flagg

Noob
Seems like preregestering is a commitment, God forbid anyone has to do that.

All this bellyaching will be redundant if no one goes. Prove a point and register, seems like the perfect way to grow the scene.

I do wonder if the ppl bitching about kof, ssmb and mk will be bitching about igau in two years time.

Sabin

Elder God
Guys you can't shit on your game all year round then then expect TO's to welcome you with open arms. Especially if you don't prereg. Sorry but it's kind of hypocritical and a double standard. This wasn't the case early this year with UFGT though where the NRS community basically commanded the respect.

Of course, as always I have to say this does not apply to the supporters of the game like GGA and friends, but this is what happens. :(

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Guys you can't shit on your game all year round then then expect TO's to welcome you with open arms. Especially if you don't prereg. Sorry but it's kind of hypocritical and a double standard. This wasn't the case early this year with UFGT though where the NRS community basically commanded the respect.
The thing is though, we had great prereg at UFGT, had like 80-90 prereg for NEC, good prereg for TFC as well.. And pretty much every other 'big' major of 2013. So where does the rumor that we don't prereg come from? I feel like it's left over from MK9 but doesn't apply to Injustice at all.

I don't think we've ever had less than 64 people prereg for a "big" Injustice major unless it was in Canada.. So I'm trying to figure out what people are talking about.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
Here are the CEO pre-reg numbers in this article as well:

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2013/jun/24/smash-bros-has-over-550-sign-ups-evo-game-game-breakdown-ceos-registrants/

1. Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition v2012 - 257
2. Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 - 243
3. Injustice: Gods Among Us - 173
4. Dive Kick - 90
5. Street Fighter X Tekken - 76
6. Tekken Tag Tournament 2 - 57
7. Persona 4: Arena - 52
8. King of Fighters 13 - 40
9. Soul Calibur 5 - 35
10. Skulllgirls - 34
11. Mortal Kombat 9 - 28

And the early EVO 2013 reg numbers:

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2013/jul/01/early-entrance-numbers-evo-2013-game-ssf4-ae-v2012-umvc3-smash-sfxt-and-more/

1. SSF4 AE v2012 - 1,601 players
2. UMvC3 - 1,297 players
3. Smash - 696 players
4. Injustice - 582 players
5. SFxT - 545 players
6. KoF13 - 433 players
7. P4A - 400 players
8. TTT2 - 355 players
9. MK9 - 233 players

So imo these rumors are unfounded and need to stop.

Last edited:

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
CrimsonShadow,

SCR doesn't have the same amount of players as EC majors for certain titles.

We can't just import those numbers over here unless you're saying a high % of EC players are going to SCR.

Averaging EC major numbers doesn't translate to other regions.
Hey Calipower -- thanks for checking in. I'm not saying that SCR will have as many entrants as CEO or should have a 256 player cap like AE. But I do believe that 96 to 128 is more realistic.

But there's only one way to find out; so we will see.

Aside from that -- have you given any thought to the scheduling as far as people traveling to California and the pools on Friday?

Dirtylova

YOLO FLYING GRAYSON BICH
Its pretty simple.. Uncle valle and cousin it "sabin" are simply saying.. get to that 64 cap pre reg'd, then yall can talk business.. Damn, what's so hard to understand about that.. No one is shitting on injustice SMH

Sabin

Elder God
The thing is though, we had great prereg at UFGT, had like 80-90 prereg for NEC, good prereg for TFC as well.. And pretty much every other 'big' major of 2013. So where does the rumor that we don't prereg come from? I feel like it's left over from MK9 but doesn't apply to Injustice at all.

I don't think we've ever had less than 64 people prereg for a "big" Injustice major unless it was in Canada.. So I'm trying to figure out what people are talking about.
Yeah, I know major numbers have been good. But it's still mixed signals across the board. IE, people act like the game is trash then show up to majors at the last minute then don't really prereg. You can't expect a TO to allocate resources for a game that he is not sure about especially with the vocal haters around.

Basically, people need to prereg so resources so can be allocated properly. This is the case for almost every tournament under the sun

Think back to UFGT where the numbers EXCEEDED expectations for Injustice by a metric shitton and people were caught flatfooted on resource allocation. But now? That's not really the case. Nothing wrong with playing it safe

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
Yeah, I know major numbers have been good. But it's still mixed signals across the board. IE, people act like the game is trash then show up to majors at the last minute then don't really prereg. You can't expect a TO to allocate resources for a game that he is not sure about especially with the vocal haters around.

Basically, people need to prereg so resources so can be allocated properly. This is the case for almost every tournament under the sun
Yeah, I guess I 'm just asking what major it was that people didn't pre-reg for -- because pre registration numbers for IGAU have been good pretty much across the board.

A lot of the people hating were people that don't travel for the game anyway; but the actual community of players that go to events have done a good job of preregistering for majors throughout IGAU's lifetime. That's why it irks me a bit when people say Injustice players "don't preregister"

Sabin

Elder God
Yeah, I guess I 'm just asking what major it was that people didn't pre-reg for -- because pre registration numbers for IGAU have been good pretty much across the board.

A lot of the people hating were people that don't travel for the game anyway; but the actual community of players that go to events have done a good job of preregistering for majors throughout IGAU's lifetime. That's why it irks me a bit when people say Injustice players "don't preregister"
It's a community wide problem, not specifically Injustice (re: preregs)

Yea I can see that having a cap has a negative impact on true Injustice supporters/registrants. We don't mean any disrespect, just setting a logistics bar which can be adjusted. SCR has had caps every year and nobody seemed to care until now which is amazing. I'll take it as a good sign since more people are paying attention to detail in what we do. Now it's time to educate and try to see eye to eye with our intentions moving forward.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
Yea I can see that having a cap has a negative impact on true Injustice supporters/registrants. We don't mean any disrespect, just setting a logistics bar which can be adjusted. SCR has had caps every year and nobody seemed to care until now which is amazing. I'll take it as a good sign since more people are paying attention to detail in what we do. Now it's time to educate and try to see eye to eye with our intentions moving forward.
Yup -- I'm wishing you guys the best with everything at SCR, and think everything that could be said has been said, so I'll just leave it there.

I did want to switch focus to ask about the Friday pools for IGAU though -- as there are a number of people that were considering travelling across the country to make SCR for Injustice, and the timing of the pools has an effect on whether they'll be able to get there in time.

Having some of the pools on Saturday would allow us to have more registrants, as people that can't get out of work in time to make Friday's during-the-day pools would still be able to fly on Friday afternoon and be ready to play on Sat.

AK elitegoomba

http://www.twitch.tv/elitegoomba
I don't think this (community trashing its own game) is nearly as much of an issue after 1.06 and NEC. seems to me we've been pretty positive and hype lately heh. can't speak for NY though :p

Yup -- I'm wishing you guys the best with everything at SCR, and think everything that could be said has been said, so I'll just leave it there.

I did want to switch focus to ask about the Friday pools for IGAU though -- as there are a number of people that were considering travelling across the country to make SCR for Injustice, and the timing of the pools has an effect on whether they'll be able to get there in time.

Having some of the pools on Saturday would allow us to have more registrants, as people that can't get out of work in time to make Friday's during-the-day pools would still be able to fly on Friday afternoon and be ready to play on Sat.
Injustice Pool 1 starts at 10AM on Friday. In the current 64 cap schedule we have it going up to top 32.

Top 32 is Sat morning and top 8 is yet to be determined.

In case of a cap increase we have to utilize Saturday for the remaining pools through top 32.

So there could be a possibility for players to start their pools on Sat if we proceed with the cap increase.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
Injustice Pool 1 starts at 10AM on Friday. In the current 64 bracket schedule we have it going up to top 32.

Top 32 is Sat morning and top 8 is yet to be determined.

In case of a cap increase we have to utilize Saturday for the remaining pools through top 32.

So there could be a possibility for players to start their pools on Sat if we proceed with the cap increase.
So a big factor here is that people who are deciding whether to travel need to know as soon as possible if they'll be able to make Injustice pools so that they can buy plane tickets and preregister.

For most of the other 'big' games, it's a non-issue; because for AE, MvC, Smash, KoF and KI there are pools on Saturday.

But for Injustice, many of these people won't know if they'll be able to come (and can't help out with the cap increase) until they're sure that there will be pools on Saturday like the other marquee games. So if there's a way that we could split the pools immediately, it'd really help with the entire situation and likely end up resulting in more money/entrants for SCR as well.

Odoyle

Drops combos
There's games that will struggle to meet 32 people, I think we all know that. Why don't they cap the two lowest games at 32, and give the extra 64 to Injustice. It's the third biggest fighting game right now and should be given the respect of at least a top 5 game IMO.

So a big factor here is that people who are deciding whether to travel need to know as soon as possible if they'll be able to make Injustice pools so that they can buy plane tickets and preregister.

For most of the other 'big' games, it's a non-issue; because for AE, MvC, Smash, KoF and KI there are pools on Saturday.

But for Injustice, these people won't know if they'll be able to come (and can't help out with the cap increase) until they're sure that there will be pools on Saturday like the other marquee games. So if there's a way that we could split the pools, it'd really help with the entire situation and likely end up resulting in more money/entrants for SCR as well.
Yea I understand about accommodating Saturday pools for out of town guests and possible increase in attendants.

Gotta keep in mind, the more EC players starting on Saturday will = same region elimination at or by top 32.

Example Pool 1 winner will face off vs Pool 2 winner side. Or Pool 5 winner vs pool 6 winner.

We don't mix and match, randomize. or float Top 32 / Top 8 btw.