What's new

GGA's GBS Ruleset for Injustice - Can the community agree on one ruleset?

Can the entire Injustice community agree to use the same stage/character select rules?

• Total voters

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
I disagree because the tube on top in the center, the little characters can run away much easier.
Black Adam can punish an opponent who uses the tube with Black Magic as they are falling to the ground after using it, Aquaman can do the same with From The Deep, Grundy can do the same with Swamp Hands. I don't care about people using that tube. Full combo punish

Also when it is power character vs power, there are only 4 interactables in the whole level and they all can only be used once each. When it is a power character vs a power character, Atlantis is by far the most neutral stage in the game. You have to at least agree with me on that lol

ForeverKing

These rules seem fine to me. The only thing that I disagree with is the lack of button checks. I only did not do a button check twice throughout all of FF and sure enough, one of my buttons was messed up. Thankfully, it didn't cost me. It takes no more than 10 seconds and we can do quick restart once its done. Also FOREVER KING Atlantis is not at all neutral. It allows you to zipline over zoning and gives you UNLIMITED access to the water tanks on both sides. The closest thing to a neutral stage is batcave imo.
When I speak about Atlantis being neutral, I'm mainly talking about a power character vs a power character. There are only 4 interactables in the whole level and they all can only be used once each. I don't see how that wouldn't be considered the most neutral map in the game. Anyways even if you're fighting a gadget character on there you can full combo punish them with shackles as they are falling to the ground after using the zip line, and you can full combo punish them for using the water tanks on both sides by MB B3 through it than punishing them with a 30% combo into a reset. There's nothing bad about Atlantis

coolwhip

Noob
Black Adam can punish an opponent who uses the tube with Black Magic as they are falling to the ground after using it, Aquaman can do the same with From The Deep, Grundy can do the same with Swamp Hands. I don't care about people using that tube. Full combo punish

Also when it is power character vs power, there are only 4 interactables in the whole level and they all can only be used once each. When it is a power character vs a power character, Atlantis is by far the most neutral stage in the game. You have to at least agree with me on that lol
The thing with all matches on Atlantis, you're essentially saying "no interactable is allowed except the ones on Atlantis." Why? Why not just ban them all in that scenario?

ForeverKing

The thing with all matches on Atlantis, you're essentially saying "no interactable is allowed except the ones on Atlantis." Why? Why not just ban them all in that scenario?
I mean, I really don't care what the stage rules are. I'll play anywhere. I'm just stating my opinions. If you want a neutral stage with the least amount of annoying interactables possible, Atlantis is for you. Plus there is a whale in the background. They should have made a stage transition with him, that would have been pretty tight

cR_whiteboi

Jobbers are mouthpieces for gods.
I mean, I really don't care what the stage rules are. I'll play anywhere. I'm just stating my opinions. If you want a neutral stage with the least amount of annoying interactables possible, Atlantis is for you. Plus there is a whale in the background. They should have made a stage transition with him, that would have been pretty tight
I'm sold

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
ok nvm this is funny

You're ok

ForeverKing

King, who has 100% combos specific for atlantis has the audacity to post this...........................
That combo doesn't work anymore because the trait nerf :( it takes too long for the last bat to come. Also I found out if your just mashing buttons the interactable won't even pop you up in the air, the only way to pull off that combo is if your opponent is just sitting there not pressing anything lol

GGA HAN

Galloping Ghost Arcade
The only thing that I disagree about in this is that you are still allowed to see what one of the 50/50 stages is going to be by seeing the background on character select.

I say that we use whatever stage the 2nd player randoms into. It's still completely random and there is no indication of what it will be until it's picked.

Otherwise I say this sounds good.

The options that the loser has would be fine a number of different ways, so I'm fine with any of them.

GGA HAN
If someone wants to base their entire strategy/character choice on a stage that they may get via 50/50, then it can lead to an unfavorable stage or less advantage MU than the character the person would have picked otherwise (so it can backfire). Because of the danger of this, I feel knowing one stage is fair. GGA 16 Bit can probably word this better than I can...remember when we were discussing this?

FTR, I am not opposed to using only the p2's coined in stage, but it would be harder to get everyone switched over to that so the GBS system is the compromised version.

GGA HAN

Galloping Ghost Arcade
Otherwise I agree.

Also I have no problem with what @EGP Wonder_Chef said.

Now, what if someone breaks one of these, say player 2 quickly changes the stage that came up and it goes through?
Go back and correct it?
Delay of game penalty?
Max, I'm not understanding what you mean, can you show me tonight at GBS if you're coming? What part don't you agree with?

trufenix

bye felicia
While we're on the subject of interactables, I don't have a problem playing with them enabled, but can someone explain to me why we have yet to run a tournament in which they're banned?
Actually it was tried, in some of the older builds that had really bad interactables (40% armor glitch, metropolis roof, etc) but I feel the logic is the same behind banning a character in 1.06. Unless you can "prove" interactables hamper competition, there's no reason to abandon them. Nobody has (to my knowledge) posted gotten so unfairly burned by interactables that it seemed worth losing the actual tension it can add to a match. You're telling me rumba wars aren't exciting?

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
i don't understand whats wrong with just having the players pick their stages normally and have the game decide which one gets picked.

ForeverKing

i don't understand whats wrong with just having the players pick their stages normally and have the game decide which one gets picked.
Because then power characters would just pick Rooftop Metropolis and gadget characters would pick Alley so on and so forth. That is a godlike avatar of Santa btw lol

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
Because then power characters would just pick Rooftop Metropolis and gadget characters would pick Alley so on and so forth. That is a godlike avatar of Santa btw lol
oh, alright, didn know that, and yess all he's missin is a rocket launcher :D