What's new

SCR 2014 Registration is Now "LIVE" Plus Caps for Injustice: Gods Among Us, MK and KI

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
UPDATE: SoCal Regionals 2014 Registration is now LIVE! http://www.socalregionals.com/?page_id=6

At the end of next month during the days of February 28th - March 2nd, competitors will be taking to Irvine, California for SoCal Regionals 2014. In the latest news, since there are going to be twenty games being playing (including Injustice: Gods Among Us, Mortal Kombat and Killer Instinct) Alex Valle of Level-Up Series has announced some registration caps.

* With twenty games being played, there will surely be a space issue, therefore the reasoning for a registration cap.

Here are the caps for the NetherRealm titles and Killer Instinct.

scr14.png

Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition ver. 2012 – 256
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 -256
Super Smash Bros. Melee – 256
King of Fighters XIII – 128
Street Fighter x Tekken ver. 2013 – 64
Soulcalibur V – 64
Soulcalibur II HD Online – 64
Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate – 64
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 – 64
Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown – 64
Divekick – 64
Skullgirls – 64
BlazBlue: Chronophantasma – 64
Mobile Suit Gundam: Extreme Vs. Full Boost – 32 Teams
Guilty Gear Accent Core Plus R – 64
Persona 4 Arena – 64
Mortal Kombat – 64
Injustice: Gods Among Us – 64
Killer Instinct – 64

Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo – 64
More information over on SRK! Online registration is also forthcoming!

Last edited:

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
The concept of a cap makes sense if they have limited space/resources, but the distribution of the caps does not make sense.

So between AE, MvC and Smash, that's over 750 entrants, but then Injustice is capped at 64?

And why would you give Injustice the same cap as MK9 KI and Skullgirls, when IGAU will likely have more potential entrants than all of those games (it just had 140 or so at NEC).

You could cap AE MvC and Smash at 200 entrants apiece and then have 150 more entrants to play around with.. Maybe then you could cap IGAU at 128, which seems a lot safer to me.

Last edited:
The concept of a cap makes sense if the have limited space/resources, but the distribution of the caps does not make sense.

So between AE, MvC and Smash, that's over 750 entrants, but then Injustice is capped at 64?

And why would you give Injustice the same cap as MK9 KI and Skullgirls, when IGAU will likely have more potential entrants than all of those games (it just had 140 or so at NEC).
do you really think mk9 and injustice will have more players than those 3 games?

Injustice should have gotten 128 though

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
do you really think mk9 and injustice will have more players than those 3 games?

Injustice should have gotten 128 though
Yes, I think IGAU will have more entrants than KI, MK9 and Skullgirls. I don't mean combined; I meant as in, it doesn't make sense to assign IGAU the same cap you assign to Skullgirls or KI, because IGAU pulls in a lot more entrants than those games at majors.

Yes, I think IGAU will have more entrants than KI, MK9 and Skullgirls. I don't mean combined; I meant as in, it doesn't make sense to assign IGAU the same cap you assign to Skullgirls or KI, because IGAU pulls in a lot more entrants than those games at majors.
Oh okay. yeah, KOF > injustice is ridiculous like seriously.
IGAU is usually 3rd most pop game, and 64 is crazy.

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
The concept of a cap makes sense if the have limited space/resources, but the distribution of the caps does not make sense.

You could cap AE MvC and Smash at 200 entrants apiece and then have 150 more entrants to play around with.. Maybe then you could cap IGAU at 128, which seems a lot safer to me.

Thank you for getting it.

GGA Wafflez

the kid
storms, you gave examples of mortal kombat AND killer instinct also having 64 caps in that thread you closed for some reason. Let's take a look at the couple past MK tournament entrant counts. NEC had like below 20 and Frosty had about 11. MK isn't a priority anymore, people have to fuckin deal with it. and fuck all the people who are blowing GGA up for not supporting the game anymore. when the game was averaging 20+ entrants per game (UFGT, CEO, VxG (EVO doesnt count)), you bet your ass you saw us playing our hearts out for the love of the game, putting injustice second, while other mk community members brushed it off and eventually, let it die. we TRAVELED for it(different story, but w/e hold that fgts). Killer instinct, the well known "$500" xbone game has had shit entrant history too, granted it hasnt been out for a while, but when has predicting the outcome of players ever granted a non capcom game seniority(in this case, having the same cap as injustice, which 64 is fine FOR THAT GAME just trying to prove a point) over games that have recently been doing well (Injustice)? this is bullshit. mk and KI deserve 64 entrant cap

I trust EGP and Compton to do work in making this cap larger. The lack of majors anywhere besides the east coast is a huge problem, limiting exposure aside from weekly tournies. bottom line is, injustice has proved to be a hype game that draws in numbers, and has players across the map looking to play. The fact that KoF has more entrants is retarded. if they have to abide by their strict # of entrants, imo take out 64 of smash and put it in injustice, or some other sort of swapping of aloud entrant #s.

GGA HAN

Galloping Ghost Arcade
storms, you gave examples of mortal kombat AND killer instinct also having 64 caps in that thread you closed for some reason. Let's take a look at the couple past MK tournament entrant counts. NEC had like below 20 and Frosty had about 11. MK isn't a priority anymore, people have to fuckin deal with it. and fuck all the people who are blowing GGA up for not supporting the game anymore. when the game was averaging 20+ entrants per game (UFGT, CEO, VxG (EVO doesnt count)), you bet your ass you saw us playing our hearts out for the love of the game, putting injustice second, while other mk community members brushed it off and eventually, let it die. we TRAVELED for it(different story, but w/e hold that fgts). Killer instinct, the well known "$500" xbone game has had shit entrant history too, granted it hasnt been out for a while, but when has predicting the outcome of players ever granted a non capcom game seniority(in this case, having the same cap as injustice, which 64 is fine FOR THAT GAME just trying to prove a point) over games that have recently been doing well (Injustice)? this is bullshit. mk and KI deserve 64 entrant cap

I trust EGP and Compton to do work in making this cap larger. The lack of majors anywhere besides the east coast is a huge problem, limiting exposure aside from weekly tournies. bottom line is, injustice has proved to be a hype game that draws in numbers, and has players across the map looking to play. The fact that KoF has more entrants is retarded. if they have to abide by their strict # of entrants, imo take out 64 of smash and put it in injustice, or some other sort of swapping of aloud entrant #s.
Ummm...well written, Tommy.

(I never thought I'd say that. Your punctuation, however, is not at a level becoming your collegiate atmosphere.)

As insulting as these numbers are, I'm actually happy to see Smash with a 256 entrant cap. Ten years later they're still fleshing out the game and supporting the shit out of it, they've earned it. And you know there's no way to get more screen time than AE... or pretty much any Capcom game..

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf

Amen to this. Why are we pretending like 64 people have shown up in 4 majors combined for MK in the last year? It makes no sense for Storms to use the straw man argument of MK having the same entrants, just because it's an NRS game. Injustice has been consistently 3rd in number of entrants and we are constantly tossed aside like the other forgotten games. It's bullshit and we need to stop allowing people to sweep the issue under the rug.

I watch Tekken(actually it's my favorite game), but I'm surprised it even has 64. Probably should have 32 lol (well I guess NorCal people might travel, but that's a given). No disrespect to them, I just don't see them having 64 entrants for their tourney (or getting close to that).

GGA HAN

Galloping Ghost Arcade
Unfortunately, in some cases, it does't matter what games are getting more entrants and hype. Sometimes its about the sponsorship $$$; I have no idea if it somehow effects the caps here, but we have seen in the past that NRS games have been treated less than stellar at other tournaments because they are not capcom/namco/divekick/ect.

If the IGAU capped was raised to 128, I can see more people looking into travelling to SCR, but otherwise no one will want to compete for 1) a smaller pot and 2) less competition than other majors. Compounded by the fact that Cali is the one of the most expensive states to travel to and stay in, I would like to hear out the TO's/those responsible for reasons why the Injustice cap is so low. Let them explain it to us before coming to any conclusions.

Everlast

KTG | EVERLAST
This is clearly a Capcom favored tourney. It makes no sense whatsoever to only have 64 entry cap! I mean wtf is that. But considering it wants you to go to SRK shows the Capcom favoritism.

Shadow316

You inspire no fear.
Why so many games?

And this may sound selfish but I don't care. I really hope Injustice stream doesn't get pushed aside for a (significantly) smaller game.

Odoyle

Drops combos
Why so many games?

And this may sound selfish but I don't care. I really hope Injustice stream doesn't get pushed aside for a (significantly) smaller game.
EGP usually streams SCR right? At least up until top 8?

If they bump it up to 128, I'll most likely come. It's a hell of a drive but I really want to go.