What's new

Scorpion Sucks, Scorpion Rules - Lets Complain Here

Should NRS buff Scorpion, even a little bit???

• Total voters
I played a local tournament a few months ago (STL area), and you know what character won? Scorpion. After watching that guy play, there is no way Scorp needs a buff other than more X-Ray damage IMO. Work with him enough, and he can go to tourney level. Like stated by others before, he doesn't have a good rep because of millions of kids online that only play him and get rolled over all day.

JagoMIH

Noob
well his b+2 is real slow and unsafe so i think if they made b+2 slightly faster it would help his mixup game and him as a character

Theme

Noob
I think he should have a projectile parry, like smoke. Except when he gets hit he teleports right next to the person who threw the projectile and freezes them as if they were standing. This freeze has no scaling like CSZ's freeze.

Enhanced Version would also parry melee attacks.

Move is safe on wiff. Both can be charged.

Perfectly balanced and fair.
Good idea, though a lot of people will cry broken.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Ryu is 5/5 with everyone and rapes (SF2/vSF4)
Scorpion isn't actually 5/5 with most characters, otherwise REO wouldn't have listed him in the low tier with Quan Chi, Jax, and Sindel...who everyone acknowledges suck.

Just because some of you are in denial doesn't mean we all have to be.
Two COMPLETELY different games. being 5/5 in SF is totally different.... where there are some 9-1 and 8-2 matchups across the board.
MK mainly is 5/5, 6/4 and some 7/3.

Maybe he is low tier... but he doesn't suck... and your changes that are proposed would make him TOO good. He has a very good armored eX wakeup attack. almost all his strings give a free cross over.

my only beef is his xray is horrible.... but his ex teleport is amazing.
I may be mistaken... but the latest update to the "tier" REO had Jax in the top tier....

CptXecution

Brain Dead Bro
Erebis has a great Scorpion and you'll be seeing him at SJ. He didn't place 3rd for no reason. He's an online player transitioning to offline and still learning because none of us that play with him plays with Scorpion so he's learning on the fly. This thread makes me want to rip the little hair out that I have lol. People need to stop crying for buffs because their characters have weaknesses...part of the game. While we're at it, think we could give advantage on Kung Lao's spin and take away all recovery frames? I don't like how when I whiff with it, I get punished.

Kwon

---->----
Erebis has a great Scorpion and you'll be seeing him at SJ. He didn't place 3rd for no reason. He's an online player transitioning to offline and still learning because none of us that play with him plays with Scorpion so he's learning on the fly.
I showed TS(Uigi) Erebis recent Scorpion-play, but it wasn't good enough for him.
His comments regarding Erebis play were "He sucks. Noob matches no less", so i'm assuming Uigi himself finds himself a much better player.

Myself, i found Erebis play with Scorpion quite excellent, but mileage may vary.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
You know, I used to think Scorpion sucked until I realized that if Hellfire trades with something over distance, as long as he doesn't get knocked down by it, he gets a guaranteed second Hellfire.

Oh, and that ending your combos with Hellfire tacks on big fucking damage and eliminates your opponents wake-up game. In addition to Hellfire being guaranteed after ground throw, and :en Hellfire being guaranteed after air throw...

And :r:fk / :r:bk~:l:l:fp, j.:fp / :bp~:r:bp:fp~:d:l:fk~safe jump is a 23~% damage combo that sets up for a perfect 50/50 that either vortex into themselves or lead into big damage... your choice.

Also j.:fk / :bk~:d:l:fk - dash - :bp:fp~:l:l:fp, j.:fp / :bp :r:bp:fp~:d:l:fk, :d:l:bp. Who the FUCK gets 41% damage off a goddamn air-to-air kick? Fucking SERIOUSLY?

:en:d:l:fk is amazing too. Fucking :en:d:l:fk, :bp:fp, :bp:fp, :bp:fp, :fk:fk~:l:l:fp, cross-up j.:fp / :bp~:r:bp:fp~:d:l:fk~safe jump might only work with your back in the corner but it 1) gets you out of the corner 2) gives you a corner 3) ends with a safe jump to setup 50/50s into big damage or more mixups 3) is a FORTY - FUCKING - ONE percent damage setup starting from a teleport that, even if you fuck up and get blocked, you have frame advantage + a corner, which means mixxxups (three X's because someone's getting dicked down).

On top of how good is trollololololing with :fp x ∞ is.

What's his supposed weakness? Random :l:bp/:l:l:fp are unsafe. ... Wait. Is it still considered a big weakness if you can patch that hole by not doing horribly unsafe shit randomly?

And so what if :l:bp is unsafe? Look, :r:fk is a safe overhead that gives you spear into safe jump setup into 50/50, and :r:bk is a safe low that gives you... spear into safe jump setup into 50/50. :l:bp should only be used inside combos. :l:l:fp should only be used for anti-air shenanigans and as a HILARIOUSLY strong tool for punishment. Seriously: :l:l:fp, nj.:fp / :bp - dash - :l:bp, j.:fk / :bk~:d:l:fk, j.:fk / :bk~air throw, :en:d:l:bp does 40% damage. You can also do that same combo, but starting from the safe :r:fk overhead for 41%. Hell, that first combo starting from spear is actually incomplete, if you start it with :fk:fk it does 44%... or you can start it from :fp:fp for 45%.

So you've got a character with 40%+ damage BnB/punishers for one bar of meter, a meterless unblockable that MUST be jumped which gives him a stupidly good baiting game and guaranteed advantage in all zoning wars, and SAFE high/low starters that lead into that aforementioned 40%+ damage OR 23~% safe jump scenarios that setup the 50/50 all over again.

If you can't win with this guy, I really don't know what to tell you.

GGA soonk

ĜĞÅ §ººñ|<®©™
All he needs is the 111 change. That's it.

The teleport startup buff is a bad idea, mainly due to the fact that it starts a safejump that contains a difficult-to-fuzzyguard 50/50.
As opposed to Sektor's teleport which leads straight into a combo? Why can't it be sped up a bit? And what is everyone's obsession with the 1 strings? He has other strings, you know.

PimpUigi

Sex Kick
Mostly a lynch mob yes.
But it's OK because in today's world liars are renowned for telling the truth, and people who tell the truth are known as liars.

Welcome to the party pal.

Subby

Frost Warrior
Mostly a lynch mob yes.
But it's OK because in today's world liars are renowned for telling the truth, and people who tell the truth are known as liars.

That makes no sense. Your whole post is one big contradiction.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
As opposed to Sektor's teleport which leads straight into a combo? Why can't it be sped up a bit? And what is everyone's obsession with the 1 strings? He has other strings, you know.
right but every hit in the string of 1's is safe. So you never know when Scorp will actually stop the string or cancel into a spear or just stop and throw you.

anyway he is fine. I don't understand... if you are good with Mileena... you should have the same concept of Scorpion down. They both rely on heavy pressure and causing your opponent to screw up. Mileena has the same problems... unsafe specials.... no low starter... slow overhead. Thing is Scorpion puts out 40% on combos whereas Mileena is lucky to get 35+... Again it really doesn't make sense to me.

Vilen really broke him down well... maybe you should learn to play him in that way... the scary way.

Eight

I am the salt
I showed TS(Uigi) Erebis recent Scorpion-play, but it wasn't good enough for him.
His comments regarding Erebis play were "He sucks. Noob matches no less", so i'm assuming Uigi himself finds himself a much better player.

Myself, i found Erebis play with Scorpion quite excellent, but mileage may vary.
You should've seen that Uigi git say he could improve REO's Mileena play by three times, easily.

Dude should be a comedian. He so fahnny.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
Well, Sektor's teleport leads into follow-ups where as Scorpion's creates perfect 50/50s. The thing about combos is that they can be broken, with Scorpion's unreadable jump-in 50/50 shenanigans, you put your opponent into a situation where he HAS to guess. It's scary. Why should it be sped up a bit? It's fast enough to combo into, and he doesn't need it for anti-zoning as long as he has Hellfire.

As for the :fp / :fp:fp / :fp:fp:fp string, he DOES have other strings, but they're no where NEAR as useful. It's good enough people would KILL to get it for their characters, pressure, mindgames, combo-starter, frame-traps with spear or your 50/50. It's a stupid good string, he DOES have other strings, but nothing worth mentioning outside of maybe :fk:fk. People online might think :r:bp:fp:bk is worth a damn because LOL SO COOL LOOKING, but they're the only ones. So no, Scorpion really doesn't have other strings, at least none that are really great outside of a combo, and he doesn't really need them.

Mostly a lynch mob yes.

Dude, I have no beef with you. You're just wrong about this. You're not being persecuted, people are just disagreeing with you and providing evidence/data to support their stance. Something you're really not doing. You're here saying that Scorpion is empirically proven to be awful and needs and immediate buff to compete... then listing the shit you want changed. And that's it. The change to the :fp:fp:fp string so the first hit isn't high would be okay, but it's not something he absolutely NEEDS for any reason.

You should record some of your Scorpion gameplay. I'm curious about how you're using him. The cold, hard truth is that he is (at worst) 5/5 with essentially the entire cast. If you're losing with him it's because you're literally doing it wrong. Sorry.

LOL one of the easiest characters to use sux?

damn you are ass
I missed this before. And goddammit, man. First off, EASE OF USE DOES NOT DETERMINE A CHARACTERS EFFECTIVENESS (I'd think a guy with Smoke in his sig would actually be the one to point that out). Second off, when the hell did Scorpion become easy to use? Did I miss that patch? Scorpion being "easy to use" is the biggest bald face lie/most common misconception in the entire game. Scrubs just gravitate to him because he's on the cover and LOL :fp:fp:fp:fp:fp:fp:fp:fp:fp:fp:fp:fp:fp:fp:fp:fp:fp:fp:fp:fp:fp:fp:fp:fp:fp:fp:fp:fp. And his X-ray never fucks up online. Playing Scorpion in the real world requires setups, mindgames and acceptance of the fact you can't relax until your opponent's dead.

Also, you don't get to have an opinion here. You're the one who goes around the forum talking about how Ermac is OP...

Damn you are ass.

CrashLand

Ready for Freddy
Second off, when they hell did Scorpion become easy to use? Did I miss that patch? Scorpion being "easy to use" is the biggest bald face lie/most common misconception in the entire game. Scrubs just gravitate to him because he's on the cover and LOL :fp:fp:fp:fp:fp:fp:fp:fp:fp:fp:fp:fp:fp:fp:fp:fp:fp:fp:fp:fp:fp:fp:fp:fp:fp:fp:fp:fp. And his X-ray never fucks up online. Playing Scorpion in the real world requires setups, mindgames and acceptance of the fact you can't relax until your opponent's dead.
Scorpion is god tier at the n00blevel. Spear wins against my full-screen random Flying Dragon Kick for a 30%+ damage, and he has a move that hits me wherever I am even if I block wtf? Please give Liu Kang Hellfire NRS

Sasuga

Noob
A friend of mine plays scorpion, and only scorpion. He also complains that he is hard to use and slow and such and such. He's trying to pick up another character now but he doesn't seem to be able to find one that play's easier, hahaha.

He had a great mixup game and can keep you guessing from anywhere on the screen. They should nerve the hellfire so that only the EX is onblockable.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX

I gotta say that Erebis was playing a pretty subpar Scorpion. Like... one notch above the Scorpion dreck I run into online.

They should nerve the hellfire so that only the EX is onblockable.
:rofl:

PimpUigi

Sex Kick
You should've seen that Uigi git say he could improve REO's Mileena play by three times, easily.

Dude should be a comedian. He so fahnny.
Seriously. REO wasn't using Mileena's reset combos that do more damage that the combos he did, that right there would make him better. Would it not?

I write about her resets in my Mileena guide. It's good stuff.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
Just the fact that this guy can punish you pretty consistently for putting him in a corner should be enough to convince everyone that he doesn't suck.