What's new

Combo List - Scorpion Scorpion Official Combo Thread - Post all Scorpion Combos here(Pre patch thread with obsolete info)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Been working on making the most of a B2, found some good options.

Easiest but requires 1 bar = b2-extele-jk-tele-21-spear into follow up of choice.

Easy but less damage = b2-RC-21-spear into follow up of choice.

Hard but most rewarding = b2-tele-f3-spear into follow up of choice.

You get the most damage off b2-tele-f3 but the timing is quite strict. Doubt this is hit confirmable, you would have to know your b2 is going to land or make a successful read.
You can also B2, run, B12, spear...

or B2, Run B12~flame aura/ Minion grab

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I don't believe as such thing as impractical combos in tournaments. Granted some are very strict in timing, but that's nothing that cant get practiced offline. Now online is different. That's where it will be impractical for some due to input lag and latency.
I'm not talking about timing, execution is a factor that is extremely directed to the player in question.

I'm refering more to combos that spends 3 bars of meter, or 2 bars to get a 40% damage.

In this thread Scorpion has Meterless 40% or with 1 bar, on a real match you will want to save your meter mostly to break or wakeup, bad meter management and you will hand the win to characters as Erron Black etc.

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
Hellfire corner swag :D Going to explore the best options after 214 in the corner though, I think you can set up some devastating damage with this.

Notations are in video.

res0

Noob
It's been since mk9 since I''ve been here, feels good to be back..

Anyway I haven't personally seen this or know if anyone knows this but there is a way to land 2 spears within the same combo without him uppercutting at the end but the problem is it cost 2 bars of meter...

(3bars)
Essentially you could 2,1,4,Tele,1,1,spear, 2,1,4, ex Tele, Move forward,1,1, EN ex spear. From there you can teleport on them and start off the vortex. I know there are far better easier ways of doing a vortex but im curious about how to make a 2nd spear be helpful and I've got nothin so far lol.

Anyway here's an easy 3 hit AA for 23%

Jik,Tele,uppercut

Within the combo,

(Inferno variation)
2,1,4,Tele, 1,1,minion grab, 2,1ex Tele, move forward 1,1...

Ok after that is it possible to land a regular spear? Because I can and an ex spear after the last 1,1.. or is it possible to land a minion grab, if you switched spear and minion grab?

Something else I've noticed, and like I said this could be my timing, is if you land the ex spear at the end of 1,1 and follow up again with 2,1,4 you cannot teleport.. I've even tried to 2,1 teleport to go into the vortex but teleport never comes out... I could takedown or do anything else but teleport. so is there a cap on the amount of teleports within a combo like spear or minion grab?

But really i wanted to hop back on here and say what's up to my MK fam out there!

I'm not talking about timing, execution is a factor that is extremely directed to the player in question.

I'm refering more to combos that spends 3 bars of meter, or 2 bars to get a 40% damage.

In this thread Scorpion has Meterless 40% or with 1 bar, on a real match you will want to save your meter mostly to break or wakeup, bad meter management and you will hand the win to characters as Erron Black etc.
Yea I agree about the meter managment and how you really dont need meter to get high damaging combos. Same with people actually using 3 bars for an X-Ray. If you were to waster 3 bars for an X-Ray, you shouldnt get nothing less than 47%.Nothing less than 49% if in corner and this is universal for all Variations, but still I would rather save my meter for other situations.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Hellfire corner swag :D Going to explore the best options after 214 in the corner though, I think you can set up some devastating damage with this.

Notations are in video.
:eek:

I will find a way to avoid using the 3 bars, but damn:eek:

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
:eek:

I will find a way to avoid using the 3 bars, but damn:eek:
For no meter you can do: 214-fa-123-tele-RC-214-spear-jip-21-tele for 40%.

Really starting to click with Hellfire now, using it on line is a pain due to the tight links but flame aura is very threatening when used effectively. Gotta love dem 14-16% throws too :D

Nereus

Noob
Great combo, and is meterless, definitely worth adding, i believe i can squeeze up more damage nearly to 50 with a reset using this same combo.
Unless you're mentioning something else.. that's not meterless. Also.. if you end this combo in takedown you get an extra 1% for 47%.

Another thing, if you want to use an extra bar.. you can get this 46% into a 55% by using the EX Hellfire setup (b121 > db2+block) after 21 > db4

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Unless you're mentioning something else.. that's not meterless. Also.. if you end this combo in takedown you get an extra 1% for 47%.

Another thing, if you want to use an extra bar.. you can get this 46% into a 55% by using the EX Hellfire setup (b121 > db2+block) after 21 > db4
I can do 40 meterless with hellfire, if i add a bar i can definitely bring to 50% or close to that mark.

Nereus

Noob
I can do 40 meterless with hellfire, if i add a bar i can definitely bring to 50% or close to that mark.
Oh nah.. i thought you said that the combo that was linked was meterless.. so i was confused because it wasn't. Still a very good combo like you said.. just don't want people getting confused as i just did :p

Nereus

Noob

Sorry if this is already known. this route takes a bit of practice due to the strict window of nj2 after 123 > tele.. but nonetheless good damage IMO.

Gixxerkid66

ChadtheDad412
so when in hellfire and i have my opponent stuck in the fireball cancel fram trap, what is it exactly im looking for to happen. I just keep doing it until my opponent opens up? I guess simply whats my next move. Not someone who ever used a frame trap.

do it before flame aura on grounded opponents
Working on it now, starting with B12 then going into aura but after aura with AI options set to auto block it seems the combo drops but sometimes doesnt after I do the aura I do 214 teleport votex is there maybe a better more reliable way to combo after the aura?

Hi guys,
I'm new here...so nice to meet you all...

1.Can I please ask - what's the different between EX and ~ and MB?
and how I'm execute them?

2. Jip - that means just jump and press square?

thanks!

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Working on it now, starting with B12 then going into aura but after aura with AI options set to auto block it seems the combo drops but sometimes doesnt after I do the aura I do 214 teleport votex is there maybe a better more reliable way to combo after the aura?
you can use 114, which is easier, its just input leniency find the correct windown and you will be able to link with tigher normals

Status
Not open for further replies.