What's new

Combo List - Scorpion Scorpion Official Combo Thread - Post all Scorpion Combos here(Pre patch thread with obsolete info)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you intend to combo out of the air, is not like MK9 or Street Fighter, if you press Ji2, the first button for the string has to be pressed airborne.

So if you want to do Ji2, 214 you have to do Ji22~14.
If you want to do Ji2, 123, you have to do Ji21~23.
Thank I'll keep that in mind when I go into the lab tonight. I haven't played a fighting game since 94 so it's all new to me.

Edit: to clarify when I do the front flip over to the opposite side of person I'm fighting I must press 2 two times? So Ji22 as you said? Once I hit the ground I should be in the process of entering 14?

Inferno

Different variations of a combo. Sorry for separate videos, didn't see a way to string them together in the PS4 clip trim tool.

40% (1 meter)

40% (1 meter)

40% (1 meter)

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
A couple MK noob questions here:
1.)After the teleport vortex i seem to get hit or uppercut trying to do the overhead. Does it actually have time to beat out other non armor or invincible moves? Im starting to think its just an online timing thing.
2.) What are the best options after the slide ender? I noticed you get a pretty good jump in after it immediately, but it seems like you can just duck and uppercut jump ins.

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
A couple MK noob questions here:
1.)After the teleport vortex i seem to get hit or uppercut trying to do the overhead. Does it actually have time to beat out other non armor or invincible moves? Im starting to think its just an online timing thing.
2.) What are the best options after the slide ender? I noticed you get a pretty good jump in after it immediately, but it seems like you can just duck and uppercut jump ins.
1. F4 is too slow to force the opponent to block, they can poke out or backdash. I imagine a very fast uppercut could interrupt it to.

2. Haven't been using slide to end my combos as tele leaves your opponent standing. I would recommend using teleport instead of slide really.

Reauxbot

1. F4 is too slow to force the opponent to block, they can poke out or backdash. I imagine a very fast uppercut could interrupt it to.

2. Haven't been using slide to end my combos as tele leaves your opponent standing. I would recommend using teleport instead of slide really.
Oh. I use the slide if it was a juggle state combo. I use the teleport when i manage to get them standing if i havent used the speara twice. You always end your combos in teleport?
Im just asking for clarity. This is my first MK game. Idk how much works or what setups work best for this character. Ive looked around and not much tech or setups. Id try but as you can see im horrible with properties

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Oh. I use the slide if it was a juggle state combo. I use the teleport when i manage to get them standing if i havent used the speara twice. You always end your combos in teleport?
Im just asking for clarity. This is my first MK game. Idk how much works or what setups work best for this character. Ive looked around and not much tech or setups. Id try but as you can see im horrible with properties
Scorpion is a vortex character, ending combos with a teleport on a standing opponent sets up mixup oportunity and disables wakeup attacks, so he can mix between low, throw, cross jump, overhead, or bait a reaction, to when he gets another hit, he can put them in the same situation over and over.

But he is still being figured out, pretty sure in the next few weeks he will have some good setups against knockdown characters as well, since having scorpion to land a knockdown increases his damage potential either.

JTB123

You should be able to land any regular combo into a spear to follow up with 21 teleport, what combo are you using that incorperates slide?

Ze Dingo

D4->F2 = unblockable. Ice Clone = unpunishable.
214~TP, 21~Ground demon, crossover JIP,3~spear, crossover JIP, 3~TP

36% no meter vortex set up.

Can then be followed up with:

B3~Spear, NJP, JK~TP, 21~Ground demon, crossover JIP, 3~TP.

Not sure if already mentioned on here.

Reauxbot

You should be able to land any regular combo into a spear to follow up with 21 teleport, what combo are you using that incorperates slide?
Ive usually caught people with the spear doing something like a special or demon capture but Its usually something like
*214 TP B12 SPEAR JUMP OVER PUNCH 114? SLIDE. *
I think its 114 its the hit string that kicks quite away

JTB123

Ive usually caught people with the spear doing something like a special or demon capture but Its usually something like
*214 TP B12 SPEAR JUMP OVER PUNCH 114? SLIDE. *
I think its 114 its the hit string that kicks quite away
Yeah 114 and 214 both end in the kick that launches, if you're catching them with spear you can do jip-21-tele. It will give less damage but leaves you at a massive advantage. Of course if the slide variant will kill then definitely go for that.

As for punishers you can use 214 or 114 (former does slightly more damage) for the following

214-tele-21-spear-jip-21-tele

This still does good damage and leaves you at a big advantage next to your oppenent. Scorpion also has b121 which is zero block and deos decent chip if you're not in a favourable position to go for the launcher.

Reauxbot

Yeah 114 and 214 both end in the kick that launches, if you're catching them with spear you can do jip-21-tele. It will give less damage but leaves you at a massive advantage. Of course if the slide variant will kill then definitely go for that.

As for punishers you can use 214 or 114 (former does slightly more damage) for the following

214-tele-21-spear-jip-21-tele

This still does good damage and leaves you at a big advantage next to your oppenent. Scorpion also has b121 which is zero block and deos decent chip if you're not in a favourable position to go for the launcher.
Thanks for the tip. I havent found a good punisher. The blockstun in this game is very strange. Just when i think im out im still stuck. Highs seem to be quite a hard choice for punishes. People that spam uppercut after their string is blocked always blow up the 214 as i try to punish.

Thanks for the tip. I havent found a good punisher. The blockstun in this game is very strange. Just when i think im out im still stuck. Highs seem to be quite a hard choice for punishes. People that spam uppercut after their string is blocked always blow up the 214 as i try to punish.
Thats because if you arn't blocking then you do not extend your hurtbox. This means that a high starting string such as 214 will whiff as they mash d2. It's probably safer to d1 into pressure due to the speed of the poke or maybe punish with b3 > Spear until they are conditioned to not upper cut.

Reauxbot

Thats because if you arn't blocking then you do not extend your hurtbox. This means that a high starting string such as 214 will whiff as they mash d2. It's probably safer to d1 into pressure due to the speed of the poke or maybe punish with b3 > Spear until they are conditioned to not upper cut.
That makes sense. Do you suppose B12 eill be able to stop it?
Alot of frames are negative in this game from the in-game information. But even thats wrong

That makes sense. Do you suppose B12 eill be able to stop it?
Alot of frames are negative in this game from the in-game information. But even thats wrong
I'll have to test it but from the top of my head I'm going to say probably not. I'll be able to in a few hours.

Most strings seem to be minus but as long as they are not above -6 on block then I believe you can't be punished but are forced to block.

I'll post up some Hellfire stuff later this weekend when I come back from the ESL UK tourney, I seriously think it is really underrated.

Reauxbot

I'll have to test it but from the top of my head I'm going to say probably not. I'll be able to in a few hours.

Most strings seem to be minus but as long as they are not above -6 on block then I believe you can't be punished but are forced to block.

I'll post up some Hellfire stuff later this weekend when I come back from the ESL UK tourney, I seriously think it is really underrated.
I havent tried the hellfire class out. Afe you maining that class? Im using inferno for now. Interested in learning Ninjitsu next week but i hear Hellfire is pretty whack. But its like day 4. I'm hoping more people post and speak about Scorpion.
As MKX frame data is VERY different i cannot figure out whats properly punishable and what strings are honestly safe. Scorpion seems unsafe on alot

Here are some Scorpion Inferno combos that I came up with, hope u enjoy:)

14 hits - 32% dmg

18 hits - 37%

22 hits - 40% dmg - combo into Xray

22 hits - 31% dmg

Combination of all 4 previous combo videos into one

Last edited:
Inferno

Different variations of a combo. Sorry for separate videos, didn't see a way to string them together in the PS4 clip trim tool.

40% (1 meter)

good combo man. I'm trying to learn these things every time I play. After the minion call you do and you flip over and punch I fail that part 80% of the time. I just can't seem to land the punch.

RampaginDragon

Loses to uppercuts
Inferno combos:

Midscreen bnb: jip 214 tp 21 minion grab tiny step back jip 21 spear cop 21 tp (Standing reset +18) 36%

Low starter: b3 spear cop 214 tp 21 minion grab tiny step back jip 21 tp (Standing reset +18) 26%

Overhead starter: f4 spear cop 214 tp 21 minion grab tiny step back jip 21 tp (Standing reset +18) 30%

Meter variations for more damage:

jip 214 tp 21 minion grab tiny step back jip 214 ex tp tiny step forward b3 spear cop 21 tp (Standing reset +18) 41%

b3 spear cop 214 teleport 21 minion grab tiny step back jip 214 tp tiny step forward b32f2 (plant) 31%

f4 spear cop 214 tp 21 minion grab tiny step back jip 214 tp tiny step forward b32f2 (plant) 35%

No recording this time because I don't want to waste my time just for youtube to sodomize my video.

Inferno combos:

Midscreen bnb: jip 214 tp 21 minion grab tiny step back jip 21 spear cop 21 tp (Standing reset +18) 36%

Low starter: b3 spear cop 214 tp 21 minion grab tiny step back jip 21 tp (Standing reset +18) 26%

Overhead starter: f4 spear cop 214 tp 21 minion grab tiny step back jip 21 tp (Standing reset +18) 30%

Meter variations for more damage:

jip 214 tp 21 minion grab tiny step back jip 214 ex tp tiny step forward b3 spear cop 21 tp (Standing reset +18) 41%

b3 spear cop 214 teleport 21 minion grab tiny step back jip 214 tp tiny step forward b32f2 (plant) 31%

f4 spear cop 214 tp 21 minion grab tiny step back jip 214 tp tiny step forward b32f2 (plant) 35%

No recording this time because I don't want to waste my time just for youtube to sodomize my video.
What's cop?

RampaginDragon

Loses to uppercuts
Ahh I thought cop was jump in. Any tips on landing said punch? I have issues with it.
It's all about your altitude. If you throw the punch while you're still too high up you might whiff and if you throw it while you're too low then it might get stuffed by you landing or just not come out at all. It's hard to explain when to throw the punch but there's a sweet spot, you'll get it trust me. The only real hard part about these combos for me at least is the b3 into spear during the ex combo. You almost have to be frame perfect to land it.

It's all about your altitude. If you throw the punch while you're still too high up you might whiff and if you throw it while you're too low then it might get stuffed by you landing or just not come out at all. It's hard to explain when to throw the punch but there's a sweet spot, you'll get it trust me. The only real hard part about these combos for me at least is the b3 into spear during the ex combo. You almost have to be frame perfect to land it.
Thanx going into the lab now to continue training. Just want to at least complete a full combo about 25% just to know I'm progressing

Traitor

Noob
Hey, what do you think about Scorpions antiairs? I still dont know which style should i main(im playing inferno/hellfire) but the problem is that i dont how can i use antiairs as scorpion, because when i start antiair with 1 and someone is jumping on me with punch i think it is 50/50, so do you have any safe ideas for scorpion antiairs?

Status
Not open for further replies.