What's new

Combo List - Scorpion Scorpion Official Combo Thread - Post all Scorpion Combos here(Pre patch thread with obsolete info)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any tips on doing jk->db3?

When i do the string, i almost always skip the jk part, causing my tele to whiff. Timing's soo diff from mk9

quandaghost

kung lao swag walker
My combo is 214 teleport punch, 21, minion grab, jip, 21, spear , jip 2,1 minion charge 37% and leads to what I think may be a vortex. I tested it with some friends and they couldnt poke out of the fr, b3, f2, throw, or armor out of it either.

Kedra

Noob
I have this combo in Hellfire variation with two flame aura:
JiP, F4~Flame Aura, 214~tp, 214~EX tp, Run~21~spear, JiP, F4~Flame Aura, 123~takedown
and with rdc
JiP, F4~Flame Aura, 214~tp, 214~EX tp, Run~21~spear, JiP, F4~Flame Aura, 11~fbc~123~takedown

Hard to pull off.

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
Was working on ways to maximise Scorpions X-Ray damage off of his usual punishers for situations where your opponent would gain access to their breaker in a regular punish. Fortunately he has an option for all his main punishers. Something to keep in mind when trying to close out a round or a match.

All notations are in video along with total damage and the damage dealt before the opponent could potentially use a breaker.

Last edited:

Matix218

Get over here!
What duo you guys think about ending combos in teleport similar to mk9.

That is what I'm doing with inferno scorpion so I can continue pressure/mixups after the combo

Example jip 214 teleport, 21~spear, jip 21~teleport. 31% and leaves them standing in a hit teleport recovery state.

Is that what you guys are thinking is a good way to end combos?

Viper

Noob
What duo you guys think about ending combos in teleport similar to mk9.

That is what I'm doing with inferno scorpion so I can continue pressure/mixups after the combo

Example jip 214 teleport, 21~spear, jip 21~teleport. 31% and leaves them standing in a hit teleport recovery state.

Is that what you guys are thinking is a good way to end combos?
After the first JIP do 21 db4 then do JIP 21 db1. Db1 leaves them at perfect distance to coninue pressure and had a lot of +

I have trouble making combo moves after 214 Teleport with Scorpion. When exactly am I suppose to press 21 after the teleport? I always end up choking at that point.

JTB123

How much more plus is the db1 than a hit teleport? Ill have to try thst
Teleport is more plus than demon shoulder but as Viper said it leaves them right next to you and you're still +4. The only downside to the tele option is that the animation moves them away from you. That said teleport is roughly three times the advantage of demon shoulder so it depends on how you like to follow up your ender.

Matix218

Get over here!
Teleport is more plus than demon shoulder but as Viper said it leaves them right next to you and you're still +4. The only downside to the tele option is that the animation moves them away from you. That said teleport is roughly three times the advantage of demon shoulder so it depends on how you like to follow up your ender.
What are your thoughts on scorpions strings?

Is your main pressure / hitconfirm into combo string 214 I assume? Is 123 your fast punish (but not hit confirmable) string?

Just curious as to your thoughts on the value or usefulness of his strings

JTB123

I don't use 214 as pressure or follow up from a jump in as it's quite bad on block, it's listed as -13 I believe and some characters can punish you for it.

I use 114 as my main punisher as I find it more consistent than 214 and it does more damage than 123. However 114 is interruptable on block so that's something to bear in mind. That said, it seems quite hard to do so but if someone is interrupting it consistently then Scorpion does have his B121 for jump in follow ups which leaves him at neutral and good range.

F3 is a fantastic punisher for anything -12 or more which standing 1 or 2 are out of range from. It's also pretty damn good as a whiff punisher. You do get reduced damage but that's a small price for how useful this move. Not a bad footsie moe either as it's only -7 which slight pushback but it could be punished by very fast launching strings.

His B3 options are very useful too, as his regular F2; non Ninjitsu variant I mean.

Lambro

Using that OTHER green guy
Been questing to optimizing Scorp's X-ray combo. Capped off at 49% though, was hoping you guys can give some more insight: Currently X-ray for 49% combo for Inferno variation is: 214, tele, 21, ground hands, 4, X-ray. Can we go bigger?

I've had some success sticking with something basic online:
Inferno variation
214 db3 21 db4 jip 21 spear jnp jip db3. Does ~33% and gives you a setup.. Simple enough.

Nereus

Noob
Been questing to optimizing Scorp's X-ray combo. Capped off at 49% though, was hoping you guys can give some more insight: Currently X-ray for 49% combo for Inferno variation is: 214, tele, 21, ground hands, 4, X-ray. Can we go bigger?
try 214, tele, 21, ground hands, jump+2 , f4 > x-ray

Status
Not open for further replies.