What's new

Scorpion General Discussion

Bloodfang

The Immortal Tiger
Tremor is cool but because of being all summons and only full meter ambushes he's not what Scorpion needs. Metallic is my favorite for the low/overhead ball and the lava blasts personally but the Crystal also has great utility in giving him ways to eat projectiles while possibly spearing on recovery. The summons though bring it down imo. Scorpion needs ways to open up people while being able to attack/defend himself. And while Tremor, the earth ninja, definitely has some solid dirt it's not enough to pull Scorpion out of the hole he's been buried in.

from what I've seen the full bar ambush is a sacrifice i guess you'd have to make. I saw tremor had some low stuff you could combo off so maybe there's 50/50 potential there with 122. honestly just don't feel like buying tremor right now or at least until I see something truly nasty with him and scorpion :DOGE

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
With Tremor, you can at least do f3 b+kameo to act as f32 and it launches just like f32 but it’s a mid and it’s safe. So that’s cool. That’s all that I really tested with Tremor. I’m not a fan of how he was designed so wasn’t even gonna test/use him at all. But I figured I’d see if the b+kameo launcher would work as I said and it does, so there’s at least that which is actually pretty good. If people find some other good stuff with Tremor he might actually be worth using

Bloodfang

The Immortal Tiger
like @wsj515 said, B2 is actually a great anti-air especially if you cancel into spear on confirm. I've also found d4 although it has worse range does recover faster than d3 and can actually be marginally useful in that regard. Scorpion needs some improved frames and some overhead/low options not dependent on kameo to truly work though.

da800don

Noob
No buffs in recent patch. I don’t know. Is there some secret way to play scorpion? The developers seem to convey that he is in no need of assistance. Maybe we’re not playing him right? Lol

Did you guys know that you can add unscaled damage with ex hellfire at the end of a combo

heres an example:
3(sektor missile)3xxbf4,f32,f32,jump kick xxdb2Ex,delayed air111,spear,3(sektor missile)3xxbf4,f32,dash 4xxbf4EX the combo does 524 damage, 469,plus the unscaled 60 from EX hellfire plus 5 from the dot portion.

reminds me of the mk9 otg hellfire properties

Did you guys know that you can add unscaled damage with ex hellfire at the end of a combo

heres an example:
3(sektor missile)3xxbf4,f32,f32,jump kick xxdb2Ex,delayed air111,spear,3(sektor missile)3xxbf4,f32,dash 4xxbf4EX the combo does 524 damage, 469,plus the unscaled 60 from EX hellfire plus 5 from the dot portion.

reminds me of the mk9 otg hellfire properties
basically but ex hellfire still not that good.

basically but ex hellfire still not that good.
it can be handy if you are closing out a round or need to cash out damage,its true unscaled 6% at the end of whatever combo you do if timed correctly instead of the usual ender.

if you do my example combo and set the opponent to delay wake up,the ex hellfire will actually combo and showcase it on the counter and you see the dqmage is still unscaled and the combo damage shows 519,and then the dot portion starts.

On non delay wake up it doeant show as a combo but ita still guaranteed.

it can be handy if you are closing out a round or need to cash out damage,its true unscaled 6% at the end of whatever combo you do if timed correctly instead of the usual ender.

if you do my example combo and set the opponent to delay wake up,the ex hellfire will actually combo and showcase it on the counter and you see the dqmage is still unscaled and the combo damage shows 519,and then the dot portion starts.

On non delay wake up it doeant show as a combo but ita still guaranteed.
just in that situation. I'm sure someone at nrs thought if it was old hellfire with the unblockable property it would make scorpion broken but I mean that's just scorpion suffering more low utility.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
just in that situation. I'm sure someone at nrs thought if it was old hellfire with the unblockable property it would make scorpion broken but I mean that's just scorpion suffering more low utility.
I mean, if EX Hellfire had hitstun, it’d be insanely good especially as a zoning tool. But I don’t think it’d be broken, since it costs a bar it’s not like you could spam it. Idk, it just feels useless outside of very rare/specific situations, which is unfortunate. Because like you said, Scorpion already suffers from not having a ton of options in neutral or in general.

I mean, if EX Hellfire had hitstun, it’d be insanely good especially as a zoning tool. But I don’t think it’d be broken, since it costs a bar it’s not like you could spam it. Idk, it just feels useless outside of very rare/specific situations, which is unfortunate. Because like you said, Scorpion already suffers from not having a ton of options in neutral or in general.
it might actually be super broken using certain kameos,like motaro,he would give a full 40% conversion from that guaranteed anywhere on screen from an unblockable move.You would pretty much force the opponent to constantly jump out of fear and constantly trying to read your ex hellfire as soon as you even have 1 bar,which wouod open up an easy spear punish for a jump or even tele conversions.Like that would actually be pretty broke.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
it might actually be super broken using certain kameos,like motaro,he would give a full 40% conversion from that guaranteed anywhere on screen from an unblockable move.You would pretty much force the opponent to constantly jump out of fear and constantly trying to read your ex hellfire as soon as you even have 1 bar,which wouod open up an easy spear punish for a jump or even tele conversions.Like that would actually be pretty broke.
I didn’t say it’d have the same hitstun as regular Hellfire. Just enough to where you can’t be punished for actually hitting your opponent with it.

I didn’t say it’d have the same hitstun as regular Hellfire. Just enough to where you can’t be punished for actually hitting your opponent with it.
or it could have auto block properties irregardless of the hitstun,like stryker cuffs.

I would absolutely take spending a bar for hellfire hitstun into free motaro port combo but to nrs that's probably some dreamland shenanigans.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I would absolutely take spending a bar for hellfire hitstun into free motaro port combo but to nrs that's probably some dreamland shenanigans.
Speaking of EX Hellfire, I’ve got a 57% (or so) 2 bar combo with Scorpion + Sektor. It isn’t “new”, but it utilizes a something I just recently found out was possible thanks to NinjaKilla. Which is doing 2 aa s4’s back to back after a popup. You have to do a micro dash after the 1st s4 then cancel it into the 2nd s4 and cancel that into a spear. Takes a bit of practice but it definitely makes for higher damaging combos.

Anyway, here it is:

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
I'm hearing khamelon breaks characters. does scorpion get any of that
You can get 41% meterless with scorpion of any normal into hellfire. Basically do hellfire - kitana fan lift - hell fire- fan lift- regular combo into TWO jade glaives.

It is shown here around 15 minute mark:

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
You can get 41% meterless with scorpion of any normal into hellfire. Basically do hellfire - kitana fan lift - hell fire- fan lift- regular combo into TWO jade glaives.

It is shown here around 15 minute mark:
Interesting, gonna mess around and see what I can come up with. Thanks for posting this

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Messed around with her a bit, not too much though. I was getting annoyed at first because I was wanting to practice with the Kitana moves so every time I reset I had to wait. Had no idea you could press b+Kameo to switch to the next Female Ninja at the cost of 50% Kameo meter (but it recharges pretty quickly). So just wanted to point that out if you’re wanting to practice using Khameleon, because it’s a lot better than having to wait around for it to change on its own lol

Oh and I was able to do the combo in that video, pretty simple. Just takes a bit of practice at first. But I was trying to do a different combo but my head is killing me so I’ll try again after work later. She seems like a really good Kameo though from what I’ve seen.

If they don't nerf her she might be a kameo I actually buy because as nrs community does they're already gassing her up and calling her broke

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
So like, what's Scorpion's deal this game? What's the elevator pitch on how to play him? Also, how should teleport be used? I'm thinking of learning Scorpion.

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
So like, what's Scorpion's deal this game? What's the elevator pitch on how to play him? Also, how should teleport be used? I'm thinking of learning Scorpion.
From what I observed (as I dont play him myself), you either play it very lame and safe with Stryker, converting anything into the death spin + grenades to be safe OR you pick Lao and just toss the hat on the ground, EX air teleport and make them guess between blocking overhead or low continuosly. You might also just pick Khameleon and try catching people off guard with the Mileena overhead or Jade's Glaive - you also get more damage by doing low hellfire into Kitana's fan lift and continuing the combo.