What's new

Scorpion General Discussion

• Thread starter Deleted member 5032
  • Start date

CanoCano

Kombatant
hold on. people are saying b3 is a mid now. did we speak too soon?
Yeah if you look really closely at the Javier clips the game says it's a Mid now, a bummer but not like there was any real threat of an Overhead to make people stand block at B3's optimal range

spidey300

Warrior
Yeah if you look really closely at the Javier clips the game says it's a Mid now, a bummer but not like there was any real threat of an Overhead to make people stand block at B3's optimal range
it looks like javiers saying when he tested it it hit low but the training mode screen is calling it mid. i should've known not to have too much faith in nrs with scorpion. smh

CanoCano

Kombatant
it looks like javiers saying when he tested it it hit low but the training mode screen is calling it mid. i should've known not to have too much faith in nrs with scorpion. smh
He said he'll test it today so we'll see, either way like i said you weren't gonna do any real Overhead-Low mix from that distance anyways so i doubt it'll be too impactful

spidey300

Warrior
He said he'll test it today so we'll see, either way like i said you weren't gonna do any real Overhead-Low mix from that distance anyways so i doubt it'll be too impactful
i mean mix is mix. could've run b3 into scorpion ambush assist but i dont care about the mix potential as much as i am way more interested in the threat of a long range comboable low. that's what we should be talking about

CanoCano

Kombatant
i mean mix is mix. could've run b3 into scorpion ambush assist but i dont care about the mix potential as much as i am way more interested in the threat of a long range comboable low. that's what we should be talking about
What difference does it being a Low make when there's no reason for the opponent to stand block at the range it's used? It's functionally a Mid at that point cause they'll always be low blocking

spidey300

Warrior
What difference does it being a Low make when there's no reason for the opponent to stand block at the range it's used? It's functionally a Mid at that point cause they'll always be low blocking
to catch people? you make it seem like b3 doesn't catch people moving. guess they'll just block low full screen all game and make no movements? what even while not having a life lead? if it's a mid then there's even more of a reason to not block low.

Ramichaura1

Dojo Trainee
So for Scorpion God forbid he has a move to catch people from far but Ashrah can randomly half screen overhead you and can go above pokes and get a 40% combo

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
So b3 will no longer be a low? That’d be really dumb if so

haketh

Warrior
Because at that distance people are going to be walking and it’s easier to clip people while walking with a low than it is a mid

spidey300

Warrior
someone said it's mid low. i knew it would be too good to be true but it is what it is. hopefully there's a bit more in the patch notes and I'm at least looking forward to some assist buffs

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Use a bar and your B3 becomes a super long mid(longest normal in the game?) that gets a full combo and is -2/-4 on block. Jails into Stryker's +6 overhead, combos into Ferra's overhead, Kham-Mileena overhead, Scorpion Kameo overhead.. It jails into Shujinko's -6 Apep punch which is the gold standard for Shujinko.

spidey300

Warrior
nah the first of hit b3 actually not being a low is rough. it would've been amazing to just catch people off guard. need to find the scorpion/kameo super team just to make it work completely

spidey300

Warrior
i think the new scorpion ambush flame aura needs to be bigger. you can be a hair away from it and not get the buff

ticklebandit!

Kombatant
This character is insane with ferra. Big damage, safety, vortex, grab combo, tick throws.

F3 low ferra is unblockable, I’m convinced. I have a 100% success rate, people have been so conditioned to press after f3. B3 into ferra damage buffs and overhead slap them out of whatever they’re doing for massive damage into vortex gives me life. I feel carried.

spidey300

Warrior
This character is insane with ferra. Big damage, safety, vortex, grab combo, tick throws.

F3 low ferra is unblockable, I’m convinced. I have a 100% success rate, people have been so conditioned to press after f3. B3 into ferra damage buffs and overhead slap them out of whatever they’re doing for massive damage into vortex gives me life. I feel carried.
It sucks because even though scorpion has gotten better on his own; it's been a reoccurring theme that dlc characters make him that much better with janet and kameleon. I don't have any of the dlc but do I really want to drop 5 on an assist that'll probably just end up getting nerfed