What's new

Scorpion (demo) mid/Overhead attacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Ew. That's horrible. Pretty much it's only useful if it'll kill in the demo.

Pistol

Noob
on hit and block d4~ex hellfire is guaranteed.
The cpu blew this up, it hit me with Cage's parry. lol
I'll test it with some peeps today. That's probably the only reversal.

A gimmick I noticed is you can use Scorp's air throw to change his hitbox in an attempt to avoid an anti air. Is it reliable? Hell no. Just throwing it out there. Seems to work best against uppercuts.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I love how scorp's dials into hell fire is unblockable hehe, great. :) I've also discovered that for all those people concerned with sub's clone, everytime he does it if you do a hell fire he eats it every time....

And his recovery with the hellfire is uber fast in this game, his spear too. He's going to be a great character to use against just about anyone.

His air throw is weird though imo, it doesn't always connect like it would in the older games. Not sure if it's a gimmick but just odd since the hitbox for that move is just odd.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
forgot to mention that off a jump in punch combo you can hit confirm then link the spear. example: jump in 1 or 2, 21/11... i can confirm that i have hit my opponent and can link in the spear on reaction. w/o the jump in to give you more time to react you cannot hit confirm and kinda have to guess link.
Yeah I was using this a shit load yesterday so I made a video:

So good against projectiles. Also works on wakeup if you want to be mad risky.

MKF30

Scorpion has some badass combos as well, not easy to land but with practice they'll become second nature. I was able to get a 9 hit combo 35% against my friend offline other night after either spear normal or ex, back+2, JK, teleport, JK, teleport, JK, teleport, JK, air throw.

I noticed Shoryuken was trying variation of the combo with spear, back+2, punch, punch, teleport, jk (teleport whiff)

He's very fun to use no doubt and his recovery on the hellfire is so fast...great for turtles and people who love to hold block hehe

MKF30

Or at least Sub's X-ray, this should be tested on every X-ray to see if Scorp can snuff them all out with that.

MKF30

I see, but not everyone has armor moves right? It depends on the EX move I take it?

MKF30

I'm sure some things may change, the demo build was from 9-10 weeks ago Brian said in one of the interviews. But No doubt there will be guides I'm sure. I want to write a few for characters I use.

fleshmasher

i got the poison
I got a Scorpion Kuestion: When i use two Spears in a Kombo and the opponent falls down after the second Spear (because of gravity scaling), is Hellfire guaranteed? Enhanced Hellfire looks quite guaranteed.

And i think :bp, :fp+:bp is even better than :l+:bp
:bp, :fp+:bp, :d:l+:fkTeleport Punch launches for better kombos and it could be good for punishment :D That's from the Demo though i hope it's in the Game!

Montanx

Thats why they call this thing bloodsport, kid.
He suffers the stigma of being the poster boy for mk so you will have a ton of scorpion players online (not that there is an online.) and he will be moaned at when seen as an opponent. Iv personally never been a fan...however, after playing around w most of the cast, i cant help but feel scorp is the best character for me and its really annoying! he effortlessly does 40 percent combos off of spear, always can hit a throw off a jump kick, and teleports around stationary guys while hellfire keeps grounded guys at bay. I just cant justify some other guys over him!

If you win matches with him what difference does it make?

While I'm sure some people play this game casually, but you can stay competitive and have fun at the same time. Pick whoever you like and the hell with what everyone else thinks.

Put this way. Are you playing the game so you get enjoyment out of it, or are you playing the game for others to judge you on your preferences and choices. The answer should be simple.

Besides does it really matter who you pick? If people can't win against a certain character then that is their problem for not learning a strategy that works against that character. Some may not agree with this though.

DaiHuu

Nightwolf Mourner
If you win matches with him what difference does it make?

While I'm sure some people play this game casually, but you can stay competitive and have fun at the same time. Pick whoever you like and the hell with what everyone else thinks.

Put this way. Are you playing the game so you get enjoyment out of it, or are you playing the game for others to judge you on your preferences and choices. The answer should be simple.

Besides does it really matter who you pick? If people can't win against a certain character then that is their problem for not learning a strategy that works against that character. Some may not agree with this though.
Omega says it best, I use to have the syndrome of caring what people think on who I play, but in the end, it all comes down to if you have fun with that character. Personally I think he's a "nooby" character, but in the sense that he's easy to pick up, hard to master.

I'm only asking since I haven't played an MK since I was! 5-7...I'm now 22 so being out of the game for so long and knowing that I used to go Scorpion back in the old day, it just felt right.

Also i am asking if he is noob because I played online (no lag) and won 8 lost 1, surely something is wrong right there.

Status
Not open for further replies.