What's new

Scorpion (demo) mid/Overhead attacks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also i am asking if he is noob because I played online (no lag) and won 8 lost 1, surely something is wrong right there.
Maybe your opponents just suck? I streaked a friend in GGXX Slash with Order-Sol and he was Ky, the best character in the game. I won because he straight up was trash.

Jobe

Noob
Scorpion is just way too popular in this game right now. Every time you pick him you're making the mk experience less fun for your opponent.

Should I care more about my opponents fun than my own? My friend karried is calling me a scrub and noob because I am learning my trade with Scorpion, I have always liked him and read that when picking a main you should like your character....

Xzax

Noob
Scoripon has been my favorite character since MK1 and he was available in the Demo. People in competitive games usually go for the best character and overuse him, but right now there is no best character.

Montanx

Thats why they call this thing bloodsport, kid.
Same argument as picking ryu. Theres a ton of ryus online. And the best character is king lao but not everyone can main kung lao because his combos require alot of skill. scorpion however is easier to pick up and combo with so he will be more popular for beginners. Wich is awsome because if ur a good player u can just sit back and punish all day. I love scorpion in this game for the first game ever so ill main him til i see another char with as many tools and easy dmg combos that im comfy with.

vegeta

Saiyan Prince
I think he's just a "popular" character. The one everyone gravitates to at first, with months going by the total noobs will lose interest in the game altogether or others will move to other characters that caught their interest. Same thing happened with lili in tekken when she first came out, bandwagon. But it whittles down. Either way I've played him since MK1 and that hasn't changed. There can be a TON of scorpion players, but as long as u do what u gotta do to get yours good it doesn't matter. I play him cuz I like him. I'll just beat down all the bad ones *shrugs*

vegeta

Saiyan Prince
A gimmick I noticed is you can use Scorp's air throw to change his hitbox in an attempt to avoid an anti air. Is it reliable? Hell no. Just throwing it out there. Seems to work best against uppercuts.
Yeah that got me out if one or two bad situations, but it was only desperation since I knew I was gonna get clubbed of I didn't, not sure though if the guy I fought whiffed since He seemed to uppercut just tad later than usual. Or lag had something to do with it, I'll test it some more when I play some offline peops.
Right Now (since I VERY casually played the 3D games) I've been playing him more along the lines of MK2 style, just kinda wait, bait and punish. From what I've been reading I might change it up just a little. Need more time.

NuSix3

Boob
I transferred Scorpion's move list into an excel spread sheet and uploaded to Google docs for anyone to download and print.

Scorpion's Move List

Included are the damage values per non-combo hit, total combo damage, knock down / launch effects if any apply (legend on sheet 2) and a really basic advantage on hit / on block column. I had to use an improvised notation in order to get everything to fit in a small space, so please refer to the legend to clear up any confusion. Note that the legend did not format properly during the transfer and I apologize for the mess, but it is readable.

At this moment the only information about safe moves and what not has come from Tom Brady's guide on Scorpion. However, if anyone else would like to contribute please send me a message in this thread and I'll update the sheet and credit your contribution.

oZii

Noob
I transferred Scorpion's move list into an excel spread sheet and uploaded to Google docs for anyone to download and print.

Scorpion's Move List

Included are the damage values per non-combo hit, total combo damage, knock down / launch effects if any apply (legend on sheet 2) and a really basic advantage on hit / on block column. I had to use an improvised notation in order to get everything to fit in a small space, so please refer to the legend to clear up any confusion. Note that the legend did not format properly during the transfer and I apologize for the mess, but it is readable.

At this moment the only information about safe moves and what not has come from Tom Brady's guide on Scorpion. However, if anyone else would like to contribute please send me a message in this thread and I'll update the sheet and credit your contribution.
Thanks for this

Darkhood88

Crazy 88 Co-Leader
If you win matches with him what difference does it make?

While I'm sure some people play this game casually, but you can stay competitive and have fun at the same time. Pick whoever you like and the hell with what everyone else thinks.

Put this way. Are you playing the game so you get enjoyment out of it, or are you playing the game for others to judge you on your preferences and choices. The answer should be simple.

Besides does it really matter who you pick? If people can't win against a certain character then that is their problem for not learning a strategy that works against that character. Some may not agree with this though.
Nailed it!

Should I care more about my opponents fun than my own? My friend karried is calling me a scrub and noob because I am learning my trade with Scorpion, I have always liked him and read that when picking a main you should like your character....
Don't listen to them. The first fighter I always learn is Sub Zero. He has been my favorite MK character since MK1.

I agree. If you have friends that will complain that you are using X character or X playstyle or X combo, they are going to just point fingers at something each time they lose.

What you may want to do to keep those friends interested in the game is to try to learn THEIR characters if you are just stomping them into the ground. Showing them that their characters can do cool stuff will keep them interested.

TWZTID

Noob
Nailed it!

Don't listen to them. The first fighter I always learn is Sub Zero. He has been my favorite MK character since MK1.
Stfu noob! Jax gonna own dat ass

and yes, scorp is a noob character... I dont even use him and picked apart the arcade ladder

Its exactly what some of the guys in here have already said. He is the poster boy of MK. I don't think he is the strongest character in the game but he is definitely up there.
People will always find something to moan about anyway, if you like the guy then use him regardless of people saying he is noob friendly or what not. He's definitely my favorite character and has been since I was a kid.

In every fighting game people complain.. but alot of players who arent looking to be competetive or jus picked up the game for fun will mostly pick Scorpion.. But whatever those players will weed themselves out.. I mean i think Raiden is the easiest character to pick up cuz he has so many options its ridiculous.. No character is a "noob" character cuz all of them are going to be difficult to play at a high level..

Yuna

Why am I so tall?
and yes, scorp is a noob character... I dont even use him and picked apart the arcade ladder
Guys, I beat Arcade Ladder with Stryker, he's such a noob character.

Guys, I beat Arcade Ladder with Kano, he's such a noob character.

Guys, I beat Arcade Ladder with Sheeva, she's such a noob character.

Guys, I beat Arcade Ladder with Sonya, she's such a noob character.

Scorpion is just way too popular in this game right now. Every time you pick him you're making the mk experience less fun for your opponent.
qft - i dont mind at the moment though, but its gonna be very bland in a while.

Scoripon has been my favorite character since MK1
I love that argument. Reminds me of the Ryus that play him 10 Years and cant hit simple Combos. Nice learning curve. :D
But no offense, probably dont applies to anyone here.

Hes a good Beginner Char imo.

oZii

Noob
I don't see many scorps online now like I did the first 2 days. Now it's like Liu kangs, kungs, and smokes and noobs.

Like most others said most people online are bad and don't know how to block. I played a guy last night on live he was talking trash cause a picked scorpion like "What a surprise". He picked Liu Kang I thought guy was gonna be decent until I realized he didn't know how to block. I landed a nice little 12 hit combo with scorpion and he got quite all of a sudden.

If you can play with a character people recognize it and respect it. Pick who you like. Every MK character can look nooby if you don't know how to play.

If your spamming spears and teleport and uppercuts it will look nooby. Samething can be said about all the characters like raiden supermans, subzero freeze uppercuts, Kung spin teleport, Liu Kang fireball flying kick spam. Noob teleports, smoke teleports. I could go on through the whole cast and point out a way to play them and it looks nooby to a spectator.

So no character is a nooby character if you don't play them like they are one.

TWZTID

Noob
Guys, I beat Arcade Ladder with Stryker, he's such a noob character.

Guys, I beat Arcade Ladder with Kano, he's such a noob character.

Guys, I beat Arcade Ladder with Sheeva, she's such a noob character.

Guys, I beat Arcade Ladder with Sonya, she's such a noob character.
Too bad none of them can give you a 12 hit combo pressing 1 button like scorp.
I have more problems doin combos with my main after days of use.

that was a cute post though... I almost chuckled

oZii

Noob
Too bad none of them can give you a 12 hit combo pressing 1 button like scorp.
I have more problems doin combos with my main after days of use.

that was a cute post though... I almost chuckled
What 12 hit combo you talking about I haven't seen that one. Inputs please.

All the damage is relative to free hit characters and non free hit characters from what I see. Characters with free hit specials seem to do less than non free hit characters out side of Ermac and Kung Lao. 12 hit damage damage combos from scorp are like 35% 12 hit combos from Kung Lao are like 50-60% same with Ermac which brings you close to 60% with X-ray same with nightwolf.

Also if your getting hit by naked random spears then that's not really the scorpion users problem cause that means your eating naked kabal dashes, naked sub zero iceballs, naked smoke bombs too.

TWZTID

Noob
jp1,11b1, bb1, nj1, 111b1, d1 b1 u1 db1 bl + 1

That was sarcasm.... But when I did use him, I felt I was playing mvc3

oZii

Noob
That was sarcasm.... But when I did use him, I felt I was playing mvc3
My apologies TWZTID. I've spent to much time on Teamliquid and SRK. Still adjusting to the friendly people here. Most forums are not like here.

Status
Not open for further replies.