What's new

*Scorpion Combos and BnB’s*

nodq

wicked
No that's the combo I was doing when I discovered spear ender did more damage, like 3% or something. Additionally it is just easier to do and the positioning is better for oki.
What?

F32, AMP DB3, F3, F32x ->

Ending with spear does 385.XX damage
Ending with Death Spin does 407.XX damage
Ending with Wrath does 382.XX damage

Delete if duped but for converting off just a port opener with buff you can

Hellport amp , 4 , spear (amp) , f32, deathspin for 375 damage.

Got some better 2 bar combos than what Blast_Vadar posted:

2 bar:

4 xx db3 amp, j3 xx db3 amp, f32 xx bf1 = 415.08 dmg (480.16 with Burning Spear)
4 xx db3 amp, j3 xx db3 amp, dash xx 212+4 = 403.03 (477.42 with Burning Spear)
4 xx db3 amp, j3 xx db3 amp, f3 xx FB= 529.41 (584.68 with Burning Spear)

Shotouts to Noble Raptor who I ripped these off from.

Check out his video here:

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
I’ll update the OP when I get a chance. Most of the time, you shouldn’t be going for absolute max damage, you should be ending in something that gives you meaty setups. Of course not always, sometimes going for max damage is the right play. But one of Scorpion’s strongest aspects is his meaty game and his f3 pressure. Also, against good players who know the MU, if you end a juggled combo with death spin, they will breakaway and punish you.

So, I’ll be working on a few new combos. Most damage with meaty setup ender. Most damage off of an anti air. And most damage off of unbreakable combos.

I’ll update the OP when I get a chance. Most of the time, you shouldn’t be going for absolute max damage, you should be ending in something that gives you meaty setups. Of course not always, sometimes going for max damage is the right play. But one of Scorpion’s strongest aspects is his meaty game and his f3 pressure. Also, against good players who know the MU, if you end a juggled combo with death spin, they will breakaway and punish you.

So, I’ll be working on a few new combos. Most damage with meaty setup ender. Most damage off of an anti air. And most damage off of unbreakable combos.
I always use 11xxspear, 112 or 212+4 ender for meaty setup.
Sometimes in the corner I blow up 212 KB and meaty or put BS - besides that I do not use amp spear in combos as it is not optimal and break away risk (unless I go for unbreakable damage before juggling the opponent with amp tele).

If you can find other meaty setup I will be interested. :)

I use practical combos though nothing crazy about. Break away proof and break away bait possibility.
It is just a little bit less damage than full optimal. Besides the fact I do not use DS ender at all. But that is just my oki fetish lol.

Lum@na

Noob
Has anyone had an issue with hitting f3 into 11-spear after amp TP? I used to get it without much thought but I keep dropping it the last few days. Not sure what I am getting wrong. It feels like the 11 comes out late sometimes? Unclear.

Matix218

Get over here!
Has anyone had an issue with hitting f3 into 11-spear after amp TP? I used to get it without much thought but I keep dropping it the last few days. Not sure what I am getting wrong. It feels like the 11 comes out late sometimes? Unclear.
If you are playing on Nintendo Switch you probably picked one of the laggy stages :p

Otherwise, it is just a timing thing. Happens to me if i have not played in several days but usually 5 mins in practice mode and I am good. If the 11 is coming out where the opponent is too low maybe try doing the f3 just a bit earlier so they are higher when you initiate the 11

You are getting lazy. :)
Btw if you hit the opponent in the air into amp tele you may need to dash before F3 or completely miss it.
If you drop with ground starter it is probably just bad timing.
It happens to me as well when I hit F3 too slow.

Immortal Reaver

Team Sub-Zero
What? Yes he does, in Searing Rage variation.

Anyway, I’m gonna add to the OP soon with KB combos, unbreakable combos, aa combos, etc. Gonna do it for both variations, if the combos are different of course.
Oh my bad I was looking at the wrong one. I was practicing with his other variation.

vegeta

Saiyan Prince
What are you guys generally doing to prevent break away? Irritates me when I open them up too late and they gain defense meter just in time to fall out of my EX-TP. Grounded ex-spear is still a bar but doesn’t net as much though I’m just now exploring way further in the BnB department

What are you guys generally doing to prevent break away? Irritates me when I open them up too late and they gain defense meter just in time to fall out of my EX-TP. Grounded ex-spear is still a bar but doesn’t net as much though I’m just now exploring way further in the BnB department
You can not prevent breakaway outside of ex spear. So if you desperately want unbreakable damage you need to use amplified spear even 2 times in one combo.
It is nice damage too.

To be honest I always forget it lol but so useful.

vegeta

Saiyan Prince
You can not prevent breakaway outside of ex spear. So if you desperately want unbreakable damage you need to use amplified spear even 2 times in one combo.
It is nice damage too.

To be honest I always forget it lol but so useful.
just checking. Wanted to make sure I was using the best options. Sucks but hey at least it's damage they cant do anyting about

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
just read/realize that someone will def break out of the TP and use it as a perfect Oki situation. THey literally have to eat your meaty setup at this point, and then if they make a mistake you can destroy them.

if it is closer to round end... just use spear and throws. I have great success mixing in amp spear to a JIk => throw or jik => 21 stagger backwalk b1 poke punish.

People get antsy when they don't have life and are dealing with Scorpion.

If you're using Reborn you can also mix in a tele cancel throw or my favorite... tele cancel NJ (people react late and typically poke at the peak of your jump so they die).

Enjoy

vegeta

Saiyan Prince
just read/realize that someone will def break out of the TP and use it as a perfect Oki situation. THey literally have to eat your meaty setup at this point, and then if they make a mistake you can destroy them.

if it is closer to round end... just use spear and throws. I have great success mixing in amp spear to a JIk => throw or jik => 21 stagger backwalk b1 poke punish.

People get antsy when they don't have life and are dealing with Scorpion.

If you're using Reborn you can also mix in a tele cancel throw or my favorite... tele cancel NJ (people react late and typically poke at the peak of your jump so they die).

Enjoy
Yea I started using it for mimdgames it just sucks when they’re one combo from death and just barely gained the meter back to fall out as they’re getting hit lol.

And I use searing rage

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
You can just do spear combos to prevent breakaway. However I have been purposely doing his max damage combos that are easily breakable so they are forced to break. Since his oki pressure is so good, when they can’t wakeup attack or roll, (even if I don’t land a hit) the chip + throw damage before they get meter back is more than what the finished combo would have been anyway.

I believe best combo unbreakable without burning spear buff is either b14 xx amp spear, 4 xx amp spear, 212 Krushing Blow. Or end with with 4 xx amp spear, 4 xx Fatal Blow.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
You can do it but it's a lot tighter and a crap shot online.
Yeah I have the delay on all the time... and I literally couldn't get it to land on Jacqui, Jade.... etc. But 9/10 i landed it on a male and 10/10 on Geras (Eff you Geras).

Sad times. There is a 40 damage difference between the optimal and non optimal in some cases.