What's new

Samurai Shodown 2019 Discussion Thread

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Funny thing is I had the game for a while and I didn't realize that it stopped time until I saw Infiltration using it to make a comeback when his opponent was waiting for the time to run out.
Infiltration match against the charlotte was insane and shows just how deep the RE mechanic gets vs mashing out an armored super in mk11. Not only did infiltration use his RE to stop the clock at 0 he forced the charlotte to use their RE to stopped the clock again giving him even more time to make his comeback. The crazy thing is I bet if the charlotte just immediately spent their RE the clock would have run out before infiltration could have punished it. Absolutely insane mind games in that match.

C-Sword

Noob
SamSho game director believes that ''perfect character balance'' is boring

Kuroki admitted he’s not a fan of making the power diversity in the game’s cast “too flat.”

When asked about this discrepancy, Kuroki told me that while the team is likely to release a balance patch sometime in the near future, it might not make things as balanced as some players may hope.

“I feel that if you make everything too flat in a game like Samurai Shodown, it’s going to be boring,” Kuroki explained via interpreter. “There is a lot of character personality, even among how weak or strong they are. There’s going to be some balancing, but we’re never going to make it completely flat.”

https://kotaku.com/perfect-character-balance-is-boring-says-samurai-shodo-1837038720?utm_medium=Socialflow&utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Twitter&utm_source=Kotaku_Twitter

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
So finally tried Rimururu and feeling a bit indifferent. Not sure if she will add anything to the meta but this was definitely a WTF moment!

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
EARTHQUAKE
Time in Max Rage - Time has been extended.

YAAAAAAAASSSS! Earthquake had the least amount of time in Rage at only 13 seconds, so this is a good buff!

Crouching Heavy Slash With Expanded the hitbox backwards.

Not sure what that means. But if it means what I think it means, ooooooh babY his range game just got better than Tam Tam bitch!

Fat Chainsaw (During Max Rage) With Made attack startup faster

OOOOOOH! I hardly use this move because its risky as fuck w/ less reward but I think i just might use this in Rage now ;)

Fat Bomber With/Without Increased damage.

I think thats the drop from the sky move. If so, I hope the damage is BIG because this move is VEEEERY risky and the damage did suck. It was only good to check opponents from spamming fireballs and jumping too much.

Overall even though it seems like little buffs, Earthquake really didnt need much at all. Cant wait to try him out once I get home!

This patch actually makes SamSho feel like a slightly different game now. Low tiers actually becoming possibly mid tiers or higher. The biggest change to me is that your weapons are close to you when you lose it. Kind of changes up the meta a little bit.

I'm happy I can play with Shiki and Wu-Ruxiang again without feeling completely helpless at times.

So far so good with the patch, unlike another patch for another game we won't speak of.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
This patch actually makes SamSho feel like a slightly different game now. Low tiers actually becoming possibly mid tiers or higher. The biggest change to me is that your weapons are close to you when you lose it. Kind of changes up the meta a little bit.

I'm happy I can play with Shiki and Wu-Ruxiang again without feeling completely helpless at times.

So far so good with the patch, unlike another patch for another game we won't speak of.
Im really looking forward to going home and playing this patch. SO FUCKING HAPPY they nerfed da fuck out of Galford! As an Earthquake main, that was my worst match up. But since his teleport got nerfed, im looking forward to whooping that ass FINALLY! So happy :)

I main Nakoruru. She's who I go back to when I start losing while playing other characters. The latest patch improved a lot of her tools so she's even more fun to play now.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
I main Nakoruru. She's who I go back to when I start losing while playing other characters. The latest patch improved a lot of her tools so she's even more fun to play now.
Im enjoying her alot right now after 2 days. The only thing i hate (I guess its a universal nerf) is when I try to do the eagle projectile but the magic cape move comes out instead while walking back. So now i have to stop inputting anything, and press 214 C for the move to come out.

Besides that, im liking her currently. I will stream her later today. Come by! Maybe you can give me some pointers ;)

Twitch.tv/jbeezybaby1

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
I don't know if I'll actually get a chance to play it, but I bought the game. Every time I saw it get streamed I just wanted to try it super bad. Doesn't seem like you can BS your way to wins, which is going to be rough if I do give it a good go.

DeftMonk

Noob
Infiltration match against the charlotte was insane and shows just how deep the RE mechanic gets vs mashing out an armored super in mk11. Not only did infiltration use his RE to stop the clock at 0 he forced the charlotte to use their RE to stopped the clock again giving him even more time to make his comeback. The crazy thing is I bet if the charlotte just immediately spent their RE the clock would have run out before infiltration could have punished it. Absolutely insane mind games in that match.
I just watched that match. Wow that was hype. Made me wanna get sam sho lol

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I want to play this game so bad, but there is no way to get digital money currently without too much effort.

Anyways here is a breakdown of Kazuki's gameplay
All his legacy normals are still present.
he can run into A, or Run into C, the animation of his Run C is the same as regular C, which is a big deal.
Kazuki all normals except C can be canceled into special attacks
He is a power Creep, meaning he can do unreal damage
Kazuki can do combos, different from anyone else, he has 5 hit combos and more
He can combo off his grab, but it scales his damage considerably
He can power up with sujaku flames, each one he summons, makes his flame go bigger, he can do it 3 times, once ready, at any level, he can enhance his projectile or DP command grab.

Tomohane (Projectile)
Level 1: adds one ball of flame to it and empowers it, at this point Kazuki can override all other projectiles in the game
Level 2: adds 2 balls, and of course powers up tomohane firepower, not only it eats others projectiles but stuns opponents for enough time for him to run into a normal and connect another special, its pretty much a combo extender if done up close
level 3: adds all flames to the tomohane, once fired, Kazuki can't withstand it's power and he falls but the power is so destructive and does insane damage for a projectile.

Dai Baku Satsu (command grab)
Allows kazuki to grab characters and transfer fire charka through his hand and explode ppls faces in a blast, just as Tomohane it can be enhanced up to 3 levels using the Sujaku Flames to boost his damage

Saigo Dai Baku Satsu (Comand grab with Rage full)
When rage is filled, Kazuki CMD grab will use an additional blast after launch that does a lot more damage, if all flames are used to this move, it creates an insane explosion that do at last 40% damage

Suzaku Flames (Power-up)
Once Kazuki has at least one flame active, every time he gets knocked down, he can send the flames as projectiles while he is down or as he stands to prevent ppl to approach him giving him more wakeup options including waking up with a combo or a surprise cross up

Enmetsu (Exploding Clone)
Kazuki has a clone like in naruto animes, he can replace himself with the clone, to fake the power up the animations are pretty similar, but the clone its currently the cheapest move to be released in the game, as said, CHEAPEST for the right reasons.
So far Kazuki will be the only one being able to trade swords without actually losing his turn, because he can cancel his sword block stuns into the clone and escape if you try to touch him, and he can run behind, in front or behind the opponents, making a hard character to pin down. He can use this whenever he sees fit and will avoid specials, sword attacks, and even supers since he cannot be touched once he activates the technique, however, your character won't get harmed unless they physically touch the clone.

SSM Ougi (Enja Kakusei)
Kazuki's super is an Anti-Air, not only he has great control over everything, including good AAs his command grab and crouch C, his SSM is also a DP that will do over 70% damage unscaled if you try to jump at him.

Kazuki is also very fast, has an insane back dash, an insane run speed, and can triangle jump as any Ninja in the game, has access to a very quick low while running, can combo from his throw and he has an overhead which crush against lows.

Finally, his WFT is if not among the fastest in the game and hits fullscreen, he can whiff punish Cs with it, let alone combo into it by landing a lvl2 tomohane into WFT

He is definitely my kind of character, i will definitely main him again once i get my hands in the game.

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara
I want to play this game so bad, but there is no way to get digital money currently without too much effort.

Anyways here is a breakdown of Kazuki's gameplay
All his legacy normals are still present.
he can run into A, or Run into C, the animation of his Run C is the same as regular C, which is a big deal.
Kazuki all normals except C can be canceled into special attacks
He is a power Creep, meaning he can do unreal damage
Kazuki can do combos, different from anyone else, he has 5 hit combos and more
He can combo off his grab, but it scales his damage considerably
He can power up with sujaku flames, each one he summons, makes his flame go bigger, he can do it 3 times, once ready, at any level, he can enhance his projectile or DP command grab.

Tomohane (Projectile)
Level 1: adds one ball of flame to it and empowers it, at this point Kazuki can override all other projectiles in the game
Level 2: adds 2 balls, and of course powers up tomohane firepower, not only it eats others projectiles but stuns opponents for enough time for him to run into a normal and connect another special, its pretty much a combo extender if done up close
level 3: adds all flames to the tomohane, once fired, Kazuki can't withstand it's power and he falls but the power is so destructive and does insane damage for a projectile.

Dai Baku Satsu (command grab)
Allows kazuki to grab characters and transfer fire charka through his hand and explode ppls faces in a blast, just as Tomohane it can be enhanced up to 3 levels using the Sujaku Flames to boost his damage

Saigo Dai Baku Satsu (Comand grab with Rage full)
When rage is filled, Kazuki CMD grab will use an additional blast after launch that does a lot more damage, if all flames are used to this move, it creates an insane explosion that do at last 40% damage

Suzaku Flames (Power-up)
Once Kazuki has at least one flame active, every time he gets knocked down, he can send the flames as projectiles while he is down or as he stands to prevent ppl to approach him giving him more wakeup options including waking up with a combo or a surprise cross up

Enmetsu (Exploding Clone)
Kazuki has a clone like in naruto animes, he can replace himself with the clone, to fake the power up the animations are pretty similar, but the clone its currently the cheapest move to be released in the game, as said, CHEAPEST for the right reasons.
So far Kazuki will be the only one being able to trade swords without actually losing his turn, because he can cancel his sword block stuns into the clone and escape if you try to touch him, and he can run behind, in front or behind the opponents, making a hard character to pin down. He can use this whenever he sees fit and will avoid specials, sword attacks, and even supers since he cannot be touched once he activates the technique, however, your character won't get harmed unless they physically touch the clone.

SSM Ougi (Enja Kakusei)
Kazuki's super is an Anti-Air, not only he has great control over everything, including good AAs his command grab and crouch C, his SSM is also a DP that will do over 70% damage unscaled if you try to jump at him.

Kazuki is also very fast, has an insane back dash, an insane run speed, and can triangle jump as any Ninja in the game, has access to a very quick low while running, can combo from his throw and he has an overhead which crush against lows.

Finally, his WFT is if not among the fastest in the game and hits fullscreen, he can whiff punish Cs with it, let alone combo into it by landing a lvl2 tomohane into WFT

He is definitely my kind of character, i will definitely main him again once i get my hands in the game.
I got it thinking it would be the 2d fighter I was after. Jumped online and...... nothing. I've tried to play online about 10 times and have managed to find 1 match. Sux cause the game seems fun.