What's new

Tech - Demolition Safe reloads 2.0

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
It was cancellable, it was just hard to do it. Now it's easier. But it's completely useless IMO.

I tested out the grenade attacks, and I'm getting less damage than what I used to. Not a big change though. Frags and stuns deal the same amount of damage. EX frags launches the opponent much more now, so you can even run in and do a NJP. But there is no point to do that because the damage will scale. Also, EX stun grenades now leave the opponent close to you so you don't have to run in. I'm not 100% sure about this, but I think if the opponent gets hit mid air by a stun grenade, he gets stunned mid air and not knocked down.

Basically, they tried to buff Demolition but miserably failed. Buff block advantage or GO! :mad:
Oh was it? Shit I was testing that earlier and must have missed it...

LESS damage? Jesus we weren't even reaching 40%, what warranted that decision?! Better comboability is a good thing I guess but I'll see about the damage changes when I get up.

Orbit Aquary

Want a balloon?
Oh was it? Shit I was testing that earlier and must have missed it...

LESS damage? Jesus we weren't even reaching 40%, what warranted that decision?! Better comboability is a good thing I guess but I'll see about the damage changes when I get up.
Yeah but I mean, there might be a way to get more damage. I haven't tested it enough. But what was 40% before is now 37% or something like that.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
Actually this buff is really good. She gets crazy damage meter less now. Now all she needs is ex dd1 to reload her grenades. Really don't need safe meter less reload considering her meter less damage. It would be GREAT but not needed

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
Can't find any totally safe setups in corner. I'm using b13/b33212 csg f4 csg njp 4 csg f4/2134. F4 will give you reload vs no tech roll, 2134 vs tech roll. However this is vs reptile and it might just be a matchup thing where she excels vs those with slower wake ups.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
Midscreen safe reload 1 grenade 18%/23%

2 grenades 25%/29%

3 grenades 32%/35%

Midscreen max damage no bar 35%/38% (end in f4 leg grab or 21u4)

Also midscreen you can use the amazing footsie tool of f2 to get 33% no bar (3grenades). Will post videos of everything tomorrow.

Orbit Aquary

Want a balloon?
About what I said earlier. I should have tested it out more before speaking. Demolition definitely got some great buffs. I'm getting 74% from the X-ray in the corner. 69% midscreen!!!! Meterless I'm getting 43% damage. In the corner, I'm getting 47%. Holy crap.

Problem is you need three grenades. Although, with one grenade, I can get 36% midscreen. So it's still pretty nice. Too bad they didn't make it faster to replenish grenades. I still want those grenades to be plus on block though.

PunkMafia83

PSN: YaRnToNpUnKMAFIA
About what I said earlier. I should have tested it out more before speaking. Demolition definitely got some great buffs. I'm getting 74% from the X-ray in the corner. 69% midscreen!!!! Meterless I'm getting 43% damage. In the corner, I'm getting 47%. Holy crap.

Problem is you need three grenades. Although, with one grenade, I can get 36% midscreen. So it's still pretty nice. Too bad they didn't make it faster to replenish grenades. I still want those grenades to be plus on block though.
What's the 36% midscreen bruh?

[me]

Noob
I'm playing on PC, but I'm very glad these buffs. What about b332 csg f2 csg f2 csg dd1? Is there enough time to reload, when opponent hitstunned by granade?

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Interesting....this really changes the way we need to think about playing. Still playing around mixups and punishes we can either spend all our grenades in one combo for mid 30s damage and risk a reload at some point or spend one grenade at a time per combo for maybe low 20s damage. But even better it's still all meterless! F2 seems to scale the least in juggles so use that between grenades, I'll be doing that except for my bnbs where I do 21, 213~csg instead for more damage.
For example:
B14~sg, dash or run cancel 21, 213~sg, F2~csg, F2B1 which is 36% over
B14~sg, F2~sg, F2~sg, F2B1 which is 33%.

I see no reason not to use stun grenades. If anything this patch has just made them even better in every way...if anyone is using frags over stuns in certain situations feel free to tell me where because I'm not finding a situation I wouldn't use stuns instead.

Oh and in your bnbs if you choose to do F2s between stun grenades make sure to delay the explosion of your stuns ever so slightly so you can get a full dash in before the next F2~sg for maximum corner carry.

When hitconfirming B14 and B33212, cancel them into our newly buffed BF2EX if it's blocked. If they hit combo obviously but if they block the mixup and you do BF2EX then you're safe and they can't duck it. SAFE HIT CONFIRMABLE MIXUPS IN ALL VARIATIONS. Also if you're in the corner and they get hit by the BF2EX you can convert off of it with 12 for god knows how much damage (I haven't looked into it too much yet).

That's just my opinion of the variation anyway.
I still want those grenades to be plus on block though.
Agreed, they should be plus. These buffs are ok but it makes us have to use more resources half of the time, which is why I feel a faster reload time is a warranted buff request.

chores

bad at things
b14~sg dash 21~sg njp run 213~sg run 21u4 = 36%

if you run instead of dash after the first sg you will sometimes run out of stamina in the combo. this does like 75% screen corner carry

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
It's too unbroken!!!! But yeah I think stun grenade does slightly more. It doesn't scale combos as hard.
thats what made it fun for me to mess with, i actually dropped tempest and outlaw/gunslinger to play as her, she seems to make it more fun in this variation, love her mix ups and the cyrax like setups are awesome, i throw stun then 22 them into it then F4 for safe reload and start from there, ...

i wish her grenades could be made unblockable or a low or over head, could make her op but who cares, it would be so much fun bringing back the cyrax tactics

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
Ok I'm on my phone so I can't provide videos arm but there's plenty around. Will post some later. I just wanted a new thread for safe reloads and tactics around them.

Midscreen vs slide characters:
Ending a combo in f4 dd1 gives a safe reload no matter if they tech roll or not. Be wary that this can get blow up if they are sent close to the corner by your combo.

Sample combo: b14 sg f2 sg f2 sg f4 reload - 32%

Midscreen vs teleport and projectile characters (fast projectiles such as Jacqui):
Ending a combo in 2134 gives a safe reload no matter if they tech roll or not. Be wary that you cannot cancel out of it so you have to do it naked after the KD. This means it's easier to mess up but the window isn't they tight.

Sample combo:
B14 sg f2 sg f2 sg rc 2134 reload 34%

Corner ALL characters:
Ending a juggle combo in b14 gives a HKD that you can cancel out of giving you a safe reload even vs cassie.

Sample combo: b14 sg f4 sg njp ji1 4 sg b14 reload

Feel free to improve on these bnbs but try keeping them easy to perform. Will update on Sunday with videos for everything including 1-2 grenade combos.

@SidTheHaze
@MrAquary @scarsunseen @BillStickers
@AoK Ryan
@FCP/EMP SCAR
@Death
@Youphemism
@Tony at Home
@WidowPuppy
@DaZengie

Last edited:

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
I dont think this would work against kenshi because i could wake up telefury and punish you for it

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Also mention that F4 xx Reload is safe no matter what not just vs Sldie characters. And 2134 is safe even vs the fastest punisher (Reptile's EX Slide) if they tech-roll. Raw wake-up EX Slide will punish

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
Also mention that F4 xx Reload is safe no matter what not just vs Sldie characters. And 2134 is safe even vs the fastest punisher (Reptile's EX Slide) if they tech-roll. Raw wake-up EX Slide will punish
It is not safe vs everything. Some projectiles beat it and If they're hanging slightly lower on the last sg you'll be tagged by scorpions tele. 2134 is safe vs slide even if they don't tech roll but it's a just frame. F4 is better