What's new

Tech - Demolition Safe reloads 2.0

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
Here we collect combos and setups for safe reloads in demolitions. As we all know it can be a struggle due it being super slow.

Midscreen and corner safe reload vs everyone except Cassie (corner):

Some corner setups and combos for safe reload:

1 bar max damage into safe reload (that I've found and is consistent):

1 bar 33% from safe low into safe reload

1 bar anti-wakeup into safe reload. This doesn't blow up all wake-ups and excels vs those that hit high because d3 will low profile their hit.

Meterless anti-wakeup into safe reload. This doesn't blow up all wake-ups and excels vs those that hit high because d3 will low profile their hit.

Vs Cassie (and thus everyone) you can use these corner combos. They also make timing a lot less strict vs Reptile etc.

Meterless

1 bar

@scarsunseen @AoK Ryan @MrAquary + others.

Last edited:

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
That's my usual midscreen combo, but in the corner I usually do b14~cfg njp 12 12 2134 dd1. I honestly have no idea if it does any more than the corner combo you posted though lol.

Midscreen with 2 or 3 grenades, I've also started ending combos in 2134 then throwing out a far stun grenade and then timing dd1 so that the grenade both detonates right on them and Sonya reloads as the grenade detonates. This is a gimmick, though, since medium to fast projectiles (like tempest lao's hat toss) will punish the reload.

This variation overall is so frustratingly non-broken lol.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
That's my usual midscreen combo, but in the corner I usually do b14~cfg njp 12 12 2134 dd1. I honestly have no idea if it does any more than the corner combo you posted though lol.

Midscreen with 2 or 3 grenades, I've also started ending combos in 2134 then throwing out a far stun grenade and then timing dd1 so that the grenade both detonates right on them and Sonya reloads as the grenade detonates. This is a gimmick, though, since medium to fast projectiles (like tempest lao's hat toss) will punish the reload.

It's too unbroken!!!! But yeah I think stun grenade does slightly more. It doesn't scale combos as hard.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
Midscreen you can also end in f4 far grenade and go for energy ring as that will guarantee chip pretty much but it's kind of a horrible setup.

Orbit Aquary

Want a balloon?
There's a way to make it safe against any character in the corner, including Cassie (unless they tech roll). It doesn't deal as much damage as the splat knockdown, but it's only 3% less so it's not a big deal. I made a quick video to demonstrate it:

Whether you choose to end it with 121 or 213 doesn't matter because it deals the same amount of damage. I find 121 easier to execute so I just stick with that.

Last edited:

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
I like these, I just wish it was maybe 5-10 frames faster to reload, I feel useless if I have no grenades and I'm full screen against allot of the cast.

Orbit Aquary

Want a balloon?
I like these, I just wish it was maybe 5-10 frames faster to reload, I feel useless if I have no grenades and I'm full screen against allot of the cast.
Honestly, even if you could replenish grenades faster, I still wouldn't use this variation. If grenades hit low without detonation and if they were plus on block, I would definitely use it. But right now, I see no reason to use it when there's covert ops and special forces.

smile

Noob
There's a way to make it safe against any character in the corner, including Cassie. It doesn't deal as much damage as the splat knockdown, but it's only 3% less so it's not a big deal. I made a quick video to demonstrate it:

Whether you choose to end it with 121 or 213 doesn't matter because it deals the same amount of damage. I find 121 easier to execute so I just stick with that.
This setup doesn't work if they tech roll + wake up

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
They should really decrease the startup on reload, I mean what's the reason for making it so long? Maybe it was part of their conservative approach to the game, making sure that everyone started off not too overpowered. But Demo Sonya isn't really anything lol. She doesn't have substantial pressure with the grenades considering they're -11 (I mean why?!) She can't even reload safely most of the time and any time she can she's sacrificing damage. I mean at the very least reduce it to about 40ish frames, that way we get a safe reload from B33212 on hit. That sounds fair right?

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
She should get +frames on frags. Keep stun the way they are. She should be able to get a reload off of dd1 EX. She should be able to reload safer.

IMO that is what she needs to be a top contender. BUT she might not need all of it but one can dream right?

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano

Just checked that corner combo does 25% mine does 30%.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
In the corner you get 37% off the overhead starter and 40% off the low with a bar and 3 grenades into safe reload. Also you can a pretty neat setup after 2134. Instead of reload you go for close stun grenade d31 and you get a fast armor break. It doesn't beat fast armor WU but it will always blow up high hitting WU's such as most of Raiden's. If you do you can f4, 12, 2134 (28%) into safe reload or f4, 12, 12, 121, leg grab for damage (33%). The neat part is that if they start respecting that you can just let the grenade rock and go for a mixup or grab. Will post video on this soon.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
More corner setups and combos into safe reload:

1 bar anti-wakeup into safe reload

Meterless anti-wakeup into safe reload:

Added to OP

Youphemism

More corner setups and combos into safe reload:

1 bar anti-wakeup into safe reload

Meterless anti-wakeup into safe reload:

Added to OP
Not that I doubt they're safe reload setups but test them against Reptile's EX Slide since it's the fastest wakeup in the game.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
....which has the videos with Raiden in them, I'm saying for the most reliable results they should be checked against Reptile's EX Slide since it's faster.
Which also has videos vs Reptile and a text saying it doesn't work vs cassies but works against Lao.

Youphemism

Which also has videos vs Reptile and a text saying it doesn't work vs cassies but works against Lao.
Yeah but that note is for the video with Reptile in it, if you're testing the all against Cassie or Reptile anyway why not just record you doing the setup vs them? It's a lot easier lol