What's new

Tech - Demolition Safe reloads 2.0

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
Yeah but that note is for the video with Reptile in it, if you're testing the all against Cassie or Reptile anyway why not just record you doing the setup vs them? It's a lot easier lol
Cause I was in training with Raiden to show off the anti wakeup tech. It's basically just the same setup with different applications. It's safe trust me. You can skip the 12 in the b33212 combo to make the timing a lot easier cause it's really tight vs Reptile.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
To reload safely meterlessly in the corner against Cassie:

b13/b33212 cfg njp jip 12 2134 (25%/29%). 1 bar you can go for the regular 1 bar combo but skipping the 12. Ie: b13/b33212 csg f4 ex sgg 2134 (35%/38%)

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
Ok I updated OP. Now we have a thread with BnB's that provide 100% safe reloads vs everyone in the cast.

SidTheHaze

25th place Tempest Lao
Off topic
So realistically grenades are about +4 or +5. The reason their negative if you detonate immediately is because the animation for the grenade throw plays all the way through if you detonate it early or not. So unless they make it so the grenade throw animation stops when you detonate a grenade I don't think this variation can be viable there are just so many holes in the gameplay.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
Off topic
So realistically grenades are about +4 or +5. The reason their negative if you detonate immediately is because the animation for the grenade throw plays all the way through if you detonate it early or not. So unless they make it so the grenade throw animation stops when you detonate a grenade I don't think this variation can be viable there are just so many holes in the gameplay.
This ^. I can see it being viable with changes becoming a trap/pressure character but atm there is no reason to pick her

[me]

Noob
There is no safe reload in this variation. After 2134 almost any special can interrupt your reloading without TECH ROLL. Other comboenders (like 121/213~dd1) interrupts Sonya with TECH ROLL. Keep calm and wait for the patch.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
There is no safe reload in this variation. After 2134 almost any special can interrupt your reloading without TECH ROLL. Other comboenders (like 121/213~dd1) interrupts Sonya with TECH ROLL. Keep calm and wait for the patch.
2134 after a juggle, not raw. At the end of a juggle it's a splat with extended knockdown so tech roll or not it's safe. Don't just come in here claiming you know better without evidence.

[me]

Noob
Don't just come in here claiming you know better without evidence.
lol. say it to yourself, smartass. I'm play with Sonya from release of the game and I know almost all her weaknesses. Of course I mean 2134 as comboender, not raw.

skater11

The saltiest
Well seeing as 2134 has no cancel frames. It's probably a tight window for it to be considered safe. With enough practice I'm sure it's not as hard.

Youphemism

lol. say it to yourself, smartass. I'm play with Sonya from release of the game and I know almost all her weaknesses. Of course I mean 2134 as comboender, not raw.

What the hell are you talking about? The evidence is obviously in the OP. But you're too busy insulting me to notice that... I don't care about how long you've played her, your variation banner says Royal Storm so drop the "mine is better" crap. You're doing it a few frames too late then because everyone else seems to be able to do it and not get punished.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano

Ok so I don't usually post shit about others in TYM forums because hey I already think we give each other enough shit here and I'd like a good environment you know? But you coming in here in after me spending literally hours testing this shit and just saying "nope" without actually looking at the vids posted is annoying. Like I don't need your gratefulness, I did it out of my own free will, but you can clearly see me perform it vs Reptile mid-screen. Your timing is off. I even posted simpler combos vs Cassie who is faster than reptile (Corner). I even went in to training mode now, at 6 AM just to make sure I didn't overlook no tech roll wake up option in corner. I didn't. You're doing it too slow.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
I'd post a video but I've got work and Batman Arkham Knight is released today so I won't be booting up MKX again today

[me]

Noob
Alright. If I doing it too slow, show me video, where you guys can block wakeup after 2134 without tech roll. With tech roll of course it would be safe, but you cannot say to your opponent: hey, don't do tech roll after 2134 comboender. It's simply unsafe, deal with it.

What the hell are you talking about? The evidence is obviously in the OP. But you're too busy insulting me to notice that... I don't care about how long you've played her, your variation banner says Royal Storm so drop the "mine is better" crap. You're doing it a few frames too late then because everyone else seems to be able to do it and not get punished.
OMG. You don't understand. WAKEUP without TECH ROLL after you knockdown your opponent with 2134 ender is MUCH FASTER. In the OP I see only tech rolled wakeups. That's why it all safe. Just go in practice mode and try it. You cannot block wakeups in this situation.

Last edited:

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
Alright. If I doing it too slow, show me video, where you guys can block wakeup after 2134 without tech roll. With tech roll of course it would be safe, but you cannot say to your opponent: hey, don't do tech roll after 2134 comboender. It's simply unsafe, deal with it.

OMG. You don't understand. WAKEUP without TECH ROLL after you knockdown your opponent with 2134 ender is MUCH FASTER. In the OP I see only tech rolled wakeups. That's why it all safe. Just go in practice mode and try it. You cannot block wakeups in this situation.
Check OP for midscreen. As I said I cba to make a vid today but it's doable in corner, just tight.

[me]

Noob
Check OP for midscreen. As I said I cba to make a vid today but it's doable in corner, just tight.
Thank you! Now I see really safe reload. There is very tight timing and don't work for teleporters, but it really safe. Anyway I don't understand why you lie to people and adding in your video wakeups with tech roll. You knew, that tech rolled wakes requares much more time. Don't understand why you make your videos with them...

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
Thank you! Now I see really safe reload. There is very tight timing and don't work for teleporters, but it really safe. Anyway I don't understand why you lie to people and adding in your video wakeups with tech roll. You knew, that tech rolled wakes requares much more time. Don't understand why you make your videos with them...
I have not lied. I was told tech rolls were faster. Also you can see vs scorpions take that it works

Orbit Aquary

Want a balloon?
Keep calm and wait for the patch.
And the patch is here.... here's what they did to demolition.

• Sonya (Demolition) - increased cancel advantage on Boomer combo (FP, FP, BP)
  • Sonya (Demolition) - adjusted the damage & hit stun of the grenade attacks
:(

Youphemism

And the patch is here.... here's what they did to demolition.

• Sonya (Demolition) - increased cancel advantage on Boomer combo (FP, FP, BP)
  • Sonya (Demolition) - adjusted the damage & hit stun of the grenade attacks
:(
Here's the thing, 112 wasn't cancellable before in the first place so what's the point of increasing its cancel advantage?! I also want to know exactly what it means by "adjust[ing] the damage & hit stun of the grenade attacks". More damage? Less damage? And why the hitstun? It's the block advantage we want buffed damn it!

Orbit Aquary

Want a balloon?
Here's the thing, 112 wasn't cancellable before in the first place so what's the point of increasing its cancel advantage?! I also want to know exactly what it means by "adjust[ing] the damage & hit stun of the grenade attacks". More damage? Less damage? And why the hitstun? It's the block advantage we want buffed damn it!
It was cancellable, it was just hard to do it. Now it's easier. But it's completely useless IMO.

I tested out the grenade attacks, and I'm getting less damage than what I used to. Not a big change though. Frags and stuns deal the same amount of damage. EX frags launches the opponent much more now, so you can even run in and do a NJP. But there is no point to do that because the damage will scale. Also, EX stun grenades now leave the opponent close to you so you don't have to run in. I'm not 100% sure about this, but I think if the opponent gets hit mid air by a stun grenade, he gets stunned mid air and not knocked down.

Basically, they tried to buff Demolition but miserably failed. Buff block advantage or GO! :mad:

Last edited: