What's new

Strategy Rushdown Jade?

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
This is kinda off topic, but the reason I love playing Jade is that at high level you have to constantly change your play style. When she has meter you can be offensively aggressive because of ex glow and when you're low on meter you can sit back and play calmly. The other reason I love playing Jade is because she challenges the player, once your opponent understands the match up it's forces you to mix up your strategy. One good example of this is when people start baiting out ex glows, it makes me feel dumb.
Preach it gurl.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
I like to focus my gameplay around building her meter. Since jade is fairly limited on combo starting mixups, I play to the meter whenever I can. If I am in the corner, I am going to try and get you in a situation where I can build meter.

A big part of my playstyle is actually the corner. It's hard to do online, but offline, that shit is my bnb. Jade can be very sub zero esque in the corner.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
To make mistakes is to be human. Jade's design doesn't permit mistakes. Program a supercomputer to play her, it'll beat everybody.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
Playing a rushdown Jade is the fastest way to lose. This of course if you're playing against someone who knows the match-up.

The only time you should use any rushdown-oriented offense should be on ambiguous situations to gain meter, but shortly should be followed by backing off again. I started using Jade a lot recently, and I have a new way to play her.

Jade has to rely on keeping her opponent away, enough of this conditions them to want to find a way inside and rush her down. This isn't really possible though, if you've been playing the match correctly, you should have some meter, and you can unleash an offensive attack with her Ex-Glow. I sort of started using her this way after playing SCIV. Her Ex-Glow sort of works like a just guard on certain characters, and you can set up some pretty nasty counters.

I've been using the cancel advantage I get off a D4 into shadow kick, and if you're opponent is not precise on a punish, you can Ex-Glow and punish.

A few other shenanigans I've been messing with is shadow kick as an AA. It has a weird hitbox, so it even works as an anti-cross up tool.

And lastly. This should be second nature to all Jade players... Always wake up glow, there is no reason not to wake up with invincibility. This assures you to be safe 100% of the time.

CongoFury

Levi Cancel Sorcery
I find jade to me seems to be more of a stealthy type character in a sense. Although she can rushdown shes better at the baiting/waiting game as we all know. When i play jade i play her sometimes like i play sheeva. She's not as slow as sheeva but i feel she can be played like sheeva waiting for the moment to deliver big damage then retreat and be patient. With jade i have to learn to ve patient. Although i need to work on my jade i feel that once i get to a level i feel I've mastered her then i can feel accomplished because she is not a easy character to master. But she just draws me in that i cant put her down. Lol.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
I wish she had something that made her worth using for the big cheeses too. I mean other than being hard counter to Kabal.

Espio

Kokomo
I find a fundamentally strong Jade carries me far, it's the main way I play all my characters, try to avoid gimmicks and such.

Even if there isn't any new tech for her to be uncovered again, I believe she has what it takes to hang. I'm not good at finding new tech although I am good at finding shenanigans with Jade:p.

Gruff757

The Gruff
I find a fundamentally strong Jade carries me far, it's the main way I play all my characters, try to avoid gimmicks and such.

Even if there isn't any new tech for her to be uncovered again, I believe she has what it takes to hang. I'm not good at finding new tech although I am good at finding shenanigans with Jade:p.
and you prove it time and time again, too bad i dont exactly have anyone to help me with my fundamentals ; 3;

CongoFury

Levi Cancel Sorcery
and you prove it time and time again, too bad i dont exactly have anyone to help me with my fundamentals ; 3;
U sound like me. Because i don't know to many ppl who want to play mk somewhat seriously i just do a trial and error and learn as i go. Online is the worst place to try and level up i feel. Lol.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2