What's new

Strategy Rushdown Jade?

Espio

Kokomo
If people read your ex glow and walk away, it means they made a good read or you're getting predictable with when you use ex glow. I've rushed in on characters with armor moves then dashed back really quick to make them whiff their fancy armor attack like Sonya for example.

Everyone's armor is baitable, it's not how good an armor move is, it's knowing when to use it and using it sparingly and unpredictably to catch people off guard. I rarely use ex glow and it usually works for me because of that reason in my personal experience.

The stuff being talked about works offline if used correctly and sparingly and I do play offline enough to know this.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Prove me wrong and place above 13 at an offline Major.
Do it.
I'll need a sponsor, a plane ticket from Hungary to the tournament scene, and the money for the food and hotel. And somebody to step in for me while I'm over there.

Jokes aside, the reason why you can't win with Jade in a tournament, is that she's not Kung Lao who you pick up next tuesday and win a tournament the monday after. She takes work, and a whole lot of practice. Everybody is on about how awful she is but LBSH (that's the local cool kid term so I'ma utilize!!) - She's the only character capable of fluent, dynamic adaptation to every possible scenario. At the highest level of play Jade can go toe to toe with Kabal and Kung Lao, but the road to that is far more tedious and that is why people prefer Kabal.

EDIT: Her risk/reward ratio is too low for her to be worth picking up when you can just NDC people to death.

LolingOctopus

Modest and humble genitalia destroyer
I'm not saying it doesnt work, I'm saying Jade as a shortage of means to get in. D3 and ex-glow won't make you a terror.

I know she can 'win'. Hell I've done it. She just lacks options. She has incredible defensive moves. But offensive moves? Come on, let's not circle jerk around here and let's agree her offence is rather lackluster. Her most useful moves are either close quarters and fast or long ranged and slow. Her 12 leads AT BEST 25%. Her b3? At best 25%. Now we can reply with the arguement 'well at least she can spam those moves thats why it doesnt do lots of dmg' Nope. You can easily punish both strings.

What about b1 then? Really, are we really there now? Thats the thing. She has good tools. Just not enough to really mix them up.

Espio

Kokomo
There should be less focus on worrying about what she doesn't have and more focus on making her work with what she does have. because this is the MK9 Jade we have to work with now.

Her rushdown options are okay in controlled bursts, obviously nobody is arguing she has super good rushdown like Cage.

Gruff757

The Gruff
Jade can easily rush down her opponents...she has so many safe options. It's just more of mentality of how you use her mixups. IMO, she is the queen of applying pressure and then walking back slowly into one of her PLETHORA of whiff punishes. In a lot of the videos I posted of my Jade matches, I land B2 ALOT by simply rushing in and retreating.

She is definitely a punisher/spacing character but you can certainly rush in with her (not like blind talentless Cage hacks...hehe)...she has her own style of rushdown, like Mr.Mileena said.

Although I'm still learning the character, I have an All-Around style of Jade. I do a little bit of both: Rushdown/Zoning/Counter-Zoning. She is deadly if played patiently and slowly as well as patiently and fast. Does my rambling make sense? lol
makes plenty of sense RM :D

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
I played Jade a lot and from what I noticed the fact that she has shadow kick so she can end her 'strings' on 0 is pretty cool... however her fasts moves after a shadowkick are 12, d1,d3 and b4. The rest is somewhat too risky up close without armor. Thats what turned me off from the character. She's not bad, but everything she does Jax does better.

They both have excellent moves to push people in the corner (For exemple, Jade b32 and f212 push the opponent so far away it's insane)

However, in the corner Jax gets insane amount of damage, Jade gets 42%.

I'm not saying 'Drop the character you fool!' but be wary of her flaws, once people know when to poke out. They will.
In no way is this meant to be a defensive reply, but the same could be said for all characters. Cage's pressure can now be poked out of on a whim if you know what they are doing/ knowing what YOU are doing. I can't tell you how many people used to say Sindel didn't have a solid ground game, when in fact she does.

I remember you were loving Jade and then dropped her like so many.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I actually feel i can level up my jade more, if i decide to spend the same amount of time i spend with skarlet

You also need to realize offline it's much easier to ex glow between strings/after strings.

She can EX-Glow jump ins and cross overs on reaction (although, crossovers in this game are OP, so ex glow, AA, it's unreliable with any character)

The fact that people downplay EX glow so much is pretty funny. You're taking away her best tool, and using others. Fine, take away ex glow, without a doubt she's bottom 3 or 5.

Also, offline, these boomerang gimmick setups are so much easier to jump out of.

When you ex glow, and if they stay blocking, either chip them for meter, or grab them. If they walk back, shadow kick, u+3, dash in Standing 4, if they jump back U+3 into shadow kick, it's still damage nonetheless.

Sorry, but her game revolves around EX Glow, and once you're low on meter, you need to change up your style to regain some of it back.

Espio and Birdsongs who are two of the best Jades out there use EX glow, If I'm not mistaken, Takeachance implements the glow too, and he took 1st with Jade.

It's pretty scary poking her or attacking her knowing she can turn purple and counter, and what if she doesn't? You're waiting for her to do it, and she can strike first while you're blocking, or walking back.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
I just need to take a step back from the game. I have so much else to do and I'm nowhere near the skill of people who have played fg's for ten years so I'm helping the Jade community but not likely to go online for a while.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Glow is optional when you have meter. She has EnShadowkick to send them back out and EnOverhead to launch them while on the offence.
xBF3,N3DB2~ is one of her options against a cage shaking his tennis shoes in her face.
xDB2,B2, full combo or reset, is another.
xDF4~ options another.
It's not like xDB2 doesn't catch them if they'd jump out of an EnGlow trying to bait you. Hell, even standard df4 spurs them on for an 12,23f2 option select.

Before I forget. Against crossjumps, a single step forwards and then B1 reverse input pretty much fucks them up with the right timing because until they learn that you aren't free to that and try to bait the b1, they'll keep eating a full combo or forced to break. This is one the Glor Tricks. The other is pretty much duckdashing under aerials and b2 or b1 or even n3 into shit. Makes them want to block high after they land, which allows for one 34xDB2 mixup before they wisen up.

You want options? I can give them.
Are they easy? No, they are not.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
abbreviated your name :)
LOL...sorry I'm brunette. And come to think of it, I rarely use EN Glow and I can compete with the best of them...you know how skarlet players are constantly stating "no one is using her to her full potential"...I think that can be applied to Jade more appropriately.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
LOL...sorry I'm brunette. And come to think of it, I rarely use EN Glow and I can compete with the best of them...you know how skarlet players are constantly stating "no one is using her to her full potential"...I think that can be applied to Jade more appropriately.
-ette? Aren't you a guy?

Espio

Kokomo
What is the male equivalent of brunette Glortor? I thought it was just that regardless of gender.

I call brown hair chestnut hair cause it makes me feel fancy.

AestheticLove

Staff Tier
This is kinda off topic, but the reason I love playing Jade is that at high level you have to constantly change your play style. When she has meter you can be offensively aggressive because of ex glow and when you're low on meter you can sit back and play calmly. The other reason I love playing Jade is because she challenges the player, once your opponent understands the match up it's forces you to mix up your strategy. One good example of this is when people start baiting out ex glows, it makes me feel dumb.

Gruff757

The Gruff
This is kinda off topic, but the reason I love playing Jade is that at high level you have to constantly change your play style. When she has meter you can be offensively aggressive because of ex glow and when you're low on meter you can sit back and play calmly. The other reason I love playing Jade is because she challenges the player, once your opponent understands the match up it's forces you to mix up your strategy. One good example of this is when people start baiting out ex glows, it makes me feel dumb.
i second this emotion

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
the harder the challenge, the better