What's new

Rumor/Possible Spoilers: Mortal Kombat X Speculation General Discussion

Leak might be real?

• Totally!

• No, it's fake!

• Doubtful...

• I don't care.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I hope when people think about Jax/Kenshi/family members being in the game, they don't think the family members are going to be actual copies of existing characters in the roster. She-Hulk and Hulk were drastically different characters, same with X-23 and Wolverine. When X-23/She-Hulk were announced, everyone reacted the same way people are reacting here over Jax/Sonya potentially being in the game. "This is pointless! Why are these characters in, what a waste of a slot!"

MvC3 drops and everyone's playing She-Hulk teams and (mostly because of the DHC glitch) X-23 was pretty deadly. They were totally different from Hulk and Wolverine and mostly everyone was fine with their inclusion. I somehow doubt Johnny Cage will be either a copy paste of his MK9 self/a version of Cassie Cage with the only difference being a string or 3.

If it were a case like adding another shoto in a game with 4+ shotos in Street Fighter, where the only real difference is the playstyle of the character/some properties on the same special moves, I'd completely understand. But Johnny Cage isn't going to be Ken and Cassie as Ryu, or however else you'd say that.

Jordy

Noob
OMG the roster SUCKS! we've seen jax and sonya in the challenge tower, plus johnny in the story trailer. so the leak is true! wtf they put together the most boring characters ever! they've left out fujin, tremor, boraicho, nitara, frost, havik, i mean, chars who look different not dummies from earthrealm plus sons/daughters! is it gonna be the soap opera 'the bold and the beautiful' mk version? cmon im really pissed off. how nrs had the idea to put all of them together? we have the children we dont need daddy, mummy, grandpa etc!

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
What's "an easy way out" with the roster? Having popular characters on it? It seems like many people just want to be hipsters for the sake of doing so around here. These are extremely popular characters, two of them are originals while the other is well...the black guy.
Dat's racist :eek::D

[me]

Noob
We have the trailer of a new generation characters at the end of February. Does that mean that we will have also the old generation characters (fathers and mothers) at the end of March?

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
OMG the roster SUCKS! we've seen jax and sonya in the challenge tower, plus johnny in the story trailer. so the leak is true! wtf they put together the most boring characters ever! they've left out fujin, tremor, boraicho, nitara, frost, havik, i mean, chars who look different not dummies from earthrealm plus sons/daughters! is it gonna be the soap opera 'the bold and the beautiful' mk version? cmon im really pissed off. how nrs had the idea to put all of them together? we have the children we dont need daddy, mummy, grandpa etc!

You know this is from Gamefaqs, right...?

coolwhip

Noob
Ummm, I don't think anyone actually thinks the pictures on the character select screen are legit, but rather that this is what the roster might end up looking like. At least, I hope so.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
Ummm, I don't think anyone actually thinks the pictures on the character select screen are legit, but rather that this is what the roster might end up looking like. At least, I hope so.
Read through all of the comments. Some are quite sad.

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
how do u explain this guy knew the bow guy's name plus jacqui days before the story trailer?
He wasn't the only one to guess that Kung Jin was the bow guy. It was a fairly easy assumption to make.

Jacqui had been in the comics already, it was glaringly obvious she was in.

If James or the Gamefaqs guy's lists are real, where are Bo' Rai Cho and the other Cho? Why the hell would they be in the webseries if they're not in the game? NRS have always had a Bo' Rai Cho boner too, if they were gonna choose one or a few of the 3D characters it wouldn't surprise me if it was him.

Last edited:

Demon_0

RIP Akira Toriyama
If this is the list, its one big fucking disappointment. I don't need the entire family fuckin tree of Sonya/Cage and Jax in the game. Both Sonya AND Cage is redundant. What would Sonya's role in the game be anyway with Cassie playing the female protagonist and head of the SF? For the love of God, kill off this overrated character. I gladly see the likes of Reiko, Shang Tsung, Fujin, and Baraka take the spots of Sonya, Jax, Liu Kang, and Tanya anyday. We are getting their offspring, no need to fill the game with their parents, too.

Osmedirez

MK Konspiracy Theorist
i'm okay with this list. There's a lot of human characters here who might not be able to reasonably be in future MK games based on story, if the next game isn't immediatly after this one. Final hurrah for all the aging classics? It wouldn't surprise me.

Just wish they would have taken some extra time to expand the roster a bit more with characters from this era, if that is the case. At least all the characters I was hoping to see have an unspecified long lifespan/immortality on their side.