What's new

Rumor/Possible Spoilers: Mortal Kombat X Speculation General Discussion

Leak might be real?

• Totally!

• No, it's fake!

• Doubtful...

• I don't care.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Why would they add Cassie Cage, and give her two different variations based off her parents, just to put them back in? Doesnt that seem a little redundant to you? Johnny and Sonya will definitely be in the story, but I seriously doubt as non-DLC playable characters.
After seeing her variations in action, you could justify Johnny and Sonya being in the game. At most, Cassie has Johnny's nutcracker and his shadow kick. But the shadow kick is only part of a combo string. All she gets from Sonya is an air grab and a tackle.

If I'm wrong, I'll hold that.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Why would they add Cassie Cage, and give her two different variations based off her parents, just to put them back in? Doesnt that seem a little redundant to you? Johnny and Sonya will definitely be in the story, but I seriously doubt as non-DLC playable characters.
No one liked when they took Kazuya out of Tekken 3 and replaced him with Jin. There was tons of outrage. So much so that in Tekken 4 they made a bs plot just to bring him back and you had Heihachi, Kazuya, and Jin all in the same game ever since.

Johnny and Sonya are popular, very popular. They aren't both gonna be unplayable and Cassie just there replacing them. Joe Casual ain't tryin to hear that, Joe Casual DEF isn't tryin to play them in story only but not after, and NRS knows it. It's almost guarenteed the 1st 3 chapters will be the Netherrealm War playing as Johnny, Sonya, and Raiden before the next time skip in the story.

Like I said, who else other than Raiden are you playing that part of the story with?

Sure NRS could come up with some bs to play during those parts lol..Hell they bringing everyone back from the dead..Fighting games never make sense lol..

After seeing her variations in action, you could justify Johnny and Sonya being in the game. At most, Cassie has Johnny's nutcracker and his shadow kick. But the shadow kick is only part of a combo string. All she gets from Sonya is an air grab and a tackle.

If I'm wrong, I'll hold that.
On the opposite side of the spectrum, I could argue that Sonya/Cage fans should feel lucky that they even have a taste of their characters. After all it is a new generation. Jade has been my favorite character since the moment I saw her in Umk3, and I have fully accepted the fact that she will not be in mkx. Her spirit, like others, will remain in the game. My theory: I doubt they will add Sonya and/or Cage. My opinion: I hope they do not.

No one liked when they took Kazuya out of Tekken 3 and replaced him with Jin. There was tons of outrage. So much so that in Tekken 4 they made a bs plot just to bring him back and you had Heihachi, Kazuya, and Jin all in the same game ever since.

Johnny and Sonya are popular, very popular. They aren't both gonna be unplayable and Cassie just there replacing them. Joe Casual ain't tryin to hear that, Joe Casual DEF isn't tryin to play them in story only but not after, and NRS knows it. It's almost guarenteed the 1st 3 chapters will be the Netherrealm War playing as Johnny, Sonya, and Raiden before the next time skip in the story.

Like I said, who else other than Raiden are you playing that part of the story with?
Can't really argue with the Tekken character situation. After all, I dont like any of those characters, but I see what you are saying. A classic, is a classic. That being said, why should they keep reinventing the wheel? If they wanted Johnny and Sonya to be in it, then what is the point of Cassie? I think NRS was trying to shorten the old roster by combining some things; thus everyone will be a little satisfied.

Yeaa you are right they are klassic..That why my theory is they will be the klassic kombatant dlc..But im prolly wrong lol..

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
Why aren't people excited about the prospect of seeing an older and wiser Cage with more control over his powers than before? I think people are just thinking these characters are going to be carbon copies of MK9.

And nobody knows anything about Jacquai, who could be a total badass as well.

I get where you're coming from. I didn't think they would bring this many characters back either. Those roster spots could have gone to new or different characters. If Cage doesn't make it in, then it is what it is. I already had Kitana and Kano in mind as characters I was to play as lol.

@theend

Sorry, mobile's being screwy for me

Why aren't people excited about the prospect of seeing an older and wiser Cage with more control over his powers than before? I think people are just thinking these characters are going to be carbon copies of MK9.

And nobody knows anything about Jacquai, who could be a total badass as well.
I personally can not wait for Jacquai. I think she will be in my top 3

The new chars are bomb.....All look cool to me..Gauntlets with flamethrowers lol...But the character roster with JC.Jax, Sonya and Kenshi just look like a dam family feud..Too much earth realm..imo..Not enough cyber ninjas, normal ninjas, kabal, baraka and red dragon..

Endding

You picked a bad time to get lost friend
Before people should be like, THEY BETTER NOT BE IN !!!

You should atleast wait until further information is out on whether they are actually playable and if they are, wait until they've had a variation breakdown.

If after that, you still feel they've been lazy or spots have been wasted then by all means tell the world.

mamasau

Noob
too many spec orps charactes, milleena doesn't have any supporter in this way; from the last trailer I'm expecting 3 new heel characters and reiko is one of them.

[me]

Noob
I think this roster might be legit, because those characters are story based. RD and BD members, ninjas and MK4 characters can be added later. There must be over 6 DLC slots.

G4S Silent Jay

I enjoy hurting you.
Is seriously NO ONE noticing that there are 6 characters from the trailer on this roster when it was already confirmed only 5 would be playable....

TYM plz.....:(

JLU51306

Bzzzt *Paging Doctor Fate*
Is seriously NO ONE noticing that there are 6 characters from the trailer on this roster when it was already confirmed only 5 would be playable....

TYM plz.....:(
I really don't think Boon strictly meant that since this trailer reveals five characters, that anyone else in it isn't playable. I also don't believe the leak is real either.

jamessmk

I am your god
This.

I hate acting like I know what I'm talking about while speculating because that's a contradiction. But logic dictates that if someone's son/daughter is in the game, then the parents are, at the very least, going to make an appearance in the story mode. NRS is not just going to hit you with Cassie and go: This is Cage/Sonya's daughter, care about her! Her parents are going to be featured in some way. Given how popular her parents are, it would be a huge tease for them to be featured in the story but not be playable.

I could be wrong of course, but people being outraged about this baffles me.
Fact I agree with you, brings tear to my eyes

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
You said Jade was in, and she sure as hell ain't.

And that's just one reason why your claims are bullpoop.