What's new

Combo List - Smoke Robo Smoke Combo Thread

Is there any way to play this character without utilizing the vortex? I really like Cyber Smoke, but I don't want to have to rely on a 50/50 just to get any sort of actual damage.

Wolverine32

PSN: ADM_Wolverine
Is there any way to play this character without utilizing the vortex? I really like Cyber Smoke, but I don't want to have to rely on a 50/50 just to get any sort of actual damage.
From all of my matches with him, I have had the most success with a vortex/mind game approach, trying to go blow for blow can work if you're lucky. He can pack a punch when he needs too, which I do to make them think about doing something less than safe. I like to get in close and use his fades to create some confusion, and once I have them in the vortex, I try to get as much out of it as I can. There is a game plan thread also you can take a look at. I also find that utilizing a lot and I mean a lot of smoke bombs and forcing your opponent to make a move they don't want to make is strongly effective. Plus in certain MU's a projectile trade with the smoke bomb is a death sentence for them, it may have just been the opponents I was playing but it also builds the meter he needs to be successful.

If you're on XB1 we can play sometime and go over what works and what doesn't.

From all of my matches with him, I have had the most success with a vortex/mind game approach, trying to go blow for blow can work if you're lucky. He can pack a punch when he needs too, which I do to make them think about doing something less than safe. I like to get in close and use his fades to create some confusion, and once I have them in the vortex, I try to get as much out of it as I can. There is a game plan thread also you can take a look at. I also find that utilizing a lot and I mean a lot of smoke bombs and forcing your opponent to make a move they don't want to make is strongly effective. Plus in certain MU's a projectile trade with the smoke bomb is a death sentence for them, it may have just been the opponents I was playing but it also builds the meter he needs to be successful.

If you're on XB1 we can play sometime and go over what works and what doesn't.
Sure, thanks for the advice by the way. My GT is Down4ality

Blade4693

VIVIVI
Maybe somebody could do online practice with me sometime to teach me some things lol Smoke is my new main and while I have some basic stuff down, I need a little help with some of his more complex combos. If anyone is willing to help me let me know, my PSN is Blade4693.

JesterSMX

It's too laggy to poke...
Could've missed it but haven't seen it on here yet... End vortex in j2 (+50) and you get free ex invis (41 recovery) and f1 (8) to lead into 50/50 or smoke setup.

Edit: You can get two meterless vortex setups per ex invis. If the second one hits rinse and repeat. It's so dirty.

Last edited:

Jay Rupp

Human Smoke or Riot
Heres some of the first ones I found with him.

Midscreen 31% Meterless
f4d12, run, 4xxdb1, njp, run, 4xxbf1, jp, f43xxdb4

Midscreen 28% ish Meterless
STARTER xxdb1, njp, b21, f21xxbf1, jp, ENDER

Edit: Found 2 decent overhead options since linking to SB from b1 wont work in 90% of situations.

Midscreen 27% ish Meterless
b1xxbf1, njp, run, 4, 4xxdb1, jkxxD+THROW (f43xxdb4 & f43xxD+THROW also work)

Midscreen 27% Meterless
b1xxbf1, jp, 111xxdb1, njp, jp1, run, f43xxdb4

Last edited:

XHitmanReborn24

Triborg [Cyber Smoke - LK7T2]
Okay, while I was practicing some Smoke combos something interesting happened. The game was tricked into thinking I had crossed under the training dummy while using B21. The result was that Smoke teleported to the same position he was in. I made a simple test combo to show y'all. I think maybe some interesting gimmicks can be found using this little trick.

If you catch the opponent high that happens

xSamuel

Player of All, Master of None.
I found that if you don't want to commit to a teleport and be -46 on block you can instead do your string into spear (-13) and then do: jip, 4 x Ex Tele, njp, run, 4 x sb, f43 x tele for a few percent less

BlackJackSnack

Bags of mostly water
Could've missed it but haven't seen it on here yet... End vortex in j2 (+50) and you get free ex invis (41 recovery) and f1 (8) to lead into 50/50 or smoke setup.

Edit: You can get two meterless vortex setups per ex invis. If the second one hits rinse and repeat. It's so dirty.
Just saw someone post this but if you end in spear, do ex invisibility then standing 3 you are at the same advantage as you would normally be when setting up the vortex. Ideally you have more time, and you don't have to worry ab having 1 frame to work with.

Thoughts??

I'm ab to get out bed and test this lol