What's new

Combo List - Smoke Robo Smoke Combo Thread

It's a video. What is the point of typing in inputs if you can see the animations.
Because looking at notations if you forgot part of the combo while practicing it or something is way easier than having to watch a video. It also saves the OP a bunch of time when they want to update the combo list in the OP.

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
Because looking at notations if you forgot part of the combo while practicing it or something is way easier than having to watch a video. It also saves the OP a bunch of time when they want to update the combo list in the OP.
So write them down if you have a problem remembering a few inputs. FFs...

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
i have been making people mad with his invis stuff because of the set up you can use to go into invisible and then right after you can go right into pressure and people have been sending me hate messages because he is hard to see lol but yeah it is amazing to use invisible combos and set ups
What's the setup? Going bf1, s3, invis? Is it ex invis or regular. Anything that makes the vortex more ambigious I'm down for.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Surprisingly viable 44% punish
Cool punish, but it is inconsistent against females unfortunately :/. Stupid hurtboxes. I was messing with it versus Jacqui and barely could get it to work. I got it to work on Sub every time. You can also get 44% off the f43 starter as well so maybe that will scale the gravity a bit less and potentially help out on females. Can't test it out at the moment.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
s4 anti air:

4, f4d1~bf1, ji1, 4~db1, f34~db4 (30%)

There is more damage (you can go 4, 4) but this works from all distances as long as you catch them in the air.
IIRC subbing in b21 instead of f4d1 did more damage. Not at home to be able to test now, but I thought I was getting 31 off my AAs. Maybe not.

KombatJames

For the lin kuei!
Useful Blockstrings:

Doing Nothing:

b1 (OH starter, doesn't link into SB)
f1
b2
f2
b12+4
f13
b21
b214
f21
f213
f214
b2d4u3
f4d1
f42
f43

Linking Something:

All that ~Smoke Bomb (SB), EXSmoke Bomb, EXTrident, Fade Torwards, or Fade Away

Starters:

111 (fastest)
b1 (doesn't link into SB)
f13 (furthest)
b21 (doesn't link into SB)
f21
b3 (low starter)
f4
f4d1 (links into Trident only)

Enders:

21/4~Fade Towards
b12+4 (close, switches sides)
f43~Tele (close, same side)
EDIT f43~Air Throw (far, same side)

Midscreen Meterless:

Starter~SB, NJP, 4~Trident, ji1, Ender
Starter~Trident, ji1, 4~SB, NJP, Ender

NJP, 4~Trident, ji1, 4~SB, Ender

AA4, f13~Trident, ji1, 4~SB, Ender

1 Bar Midscreen:

Starter~EXTele, NJP, 4~Trident, ji1, 4~SB, Ender (b12+4, jk~Tele, or jk~Air Throw)
Starter~EXTrident (safe), ...

Corner Meterless:

Starter~SB, NJP, 4, 114~Trident, ji1, f43~Air Throw
Starter~Trident, NJP, 4, 4~SB, f43~Air Throw

NJP, 4, 114~Trident, ji1, 4~SB, b12+4/jk~Air Throw

AA4, f13~Trident, NJP, 4~SB, f43~Air Throw

1 Bar Corner:

Starter~EXTele, NJP, 4, 114~Trident, ji1, 4~SB, b12+4/jk~Air Throw
Starter~EXTrident (safe), ...

EDIT: Not perfect, but a good starting point for people wanting to learn Smoke.
More corner damage probably comes from 114~Trident in the corner instead of 4~Trident.
Same for f43~Air Throw instead of f43~Tele.
Thank you for this bro

Okay, while I was practicing some Smoke combos something interesting happened. The game was tricked into thinking I had crossed under the training dummy while using B21. The result was that Smoke teleported to the same position he was in. I made a simple test combo to show y'all. I think maybe some interesting gimmicks can be found using this little trick.

shad0ki11er 27

Time will only tell the Greats
hey does anyone want to help me practice against my Smoke im on Ps4 and my GamerTag is AngelicArchangel open to anyone just to play andlearn MUs and learn next smoke tricks and all

ThaRawDeal

Not to be trifled with!
i might have missed it in the thread but whats the inputs for this?
The starting combo was f4d12, 4xSmoke Bomb, NJP, b21xSpear, J2 4xFade Forward

The reset combo was B1 or B3xEnhanced Teleport, NJP, 4xSmoke Bomb, 4xTrident, J2 4xFade Forward

Redux

Ex Phase
what are you guys doing for the combos with trident after the overhead/low. I'm getting 26% with b1 x trident, jip, 21x smoke bomb, njp, f43x air grab.