What's new

Robin General Discussion Thread

Samsara

Resident Cynic
Can someone who actually takes the game seriously tell me if this "setup" is legit. I don't care either way, it looks dope af and I'm adding it to my personal repertoire of bullshit combos

Nexallus

From Takeda to Robin
Can someone who actually takes the game seriously tell me if this "setup" is legit. I don't care either way, it looks dope af and I'm adding it to my personal repertoire of bullshit combos

I've done that before but it seems useless unfortunately. Ideally you want to set up the trait mid combo and end with birdarang for pressure.

Yeah in certain situations, placing trait makes unsafe normals safe, it all depends on the opponents attempted punish. Regarding my lab time vs. a mirror Robin, Sword Dance 9f was the preferred punish (since the AI could run it flawlessly).
What you can do is record the AI performing the string into trait and then block the recorded blockstring yourself and attempt to punish with D1 (which is 6 frames), rather than simply using a reversal.

GS_Zodiac

Determined to make a name for the mid-west
I've been running into some big frustrations with just HOW limiting Robin's frame data is. B12xxblue make you seemingly plus at worst 0 on block. On hit you get a walk forward 1 which(if they don't duck which they most likely will) jails and gives you more plus frames into 123, 3(to check them and it's confirmable/safe) then from there you can walk back and catch something wiffing.

More than likely though you will end up using d1 which doesn't jail, but will counter hit any button they press into blue for about 30% maybe a little less.

This isn't awful, but what we need is pressure. I was hoping for something like robin, but that seems unlikely until he gets buffed

GS_Zodiac

I've done that before but it seems useless unfortunately. Ideally you want to set up the trait mid combo and end with birdarang for pressure.

What you can do is record the AI performing the string into trait and then block the recorded blockstring yourself and attempt to punish with D1 (which is 6 frames), rather than simply using a reversal.
No one is gonna get hit by that meter burn. It's a waste of meter. The combo is cool, but the setup is unfortunately not

Nexallus

From Takeda to Robin
I've been running into some big frustrations with just HOW limiting Robin's frame data is. B12xxblue make you seemingly plus at worst 0 on block. On hit you get a walk forward 1 which(if they don't duck which they most likely will) jails and gives you more plus frames into 123, 3(to check them and it's confirmable/safe) then from there you can walk back and catch something wiffing.

More than likely though you will end up using d1 which doesn't jail, but will counter hit any button they press into blue for about 30% maybe a little less.

This isn't awful, but what we need is pressure. I was hoping for something like robin, but that seems unlikely until he gets buffed
Please no, it is only THE FIRST WEEK. I don't want to see any 'buffs' for ANY character until at least a month. We haven't even figured out matchup knowledge yet.

At least let us create a Matchup chart first please.

GS_Zodiac

Please no, it is only THE FIRST WEEK. I don't want to see any 'buffs' for ANY character until at least a month. We haven't even figured out matchup knowledge yet.

At least let us create a Matchup chart first please.
I'm not asking for a buff by any means. I'm just saying the stuff I've been exploring has gone as far as I personally think it can without frame data changes. I just have to take my robin a different route yknow? No stagger pressure for me lol

Samsara

Resident Cynic
Have any of you got a hold of the Nightwing Gear yet? Is it seasonal or a random drop?

Also, if you guys could help me out with combos that use trait for the thread that would be very much appreciated.

Cheers.

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
This is interesting. Yellow trait (1st or 2nd cast) if used mid combo will void that combo on a standing opponent.

Found this while testing to see just how much hitstun birdrang has (it's a lot).

GS_Zodiac

This is interesting. Yellow trait (1st or 2nd cast) if used mid combo will void that combo on a standing opponent.

Found this while testing to see just how much hitstun birdrang has (it's a lot).
What do you mean by "void"

Nexallus

From Takeda to Robin

I think smoke pellet has been the least used trait so far.

GS_Zodiac

As in nothing will combo even though the opponent is still in hitstun, as opposed to w/o yellow trait you have nearly a full second to land a hit (remember this is in regard to birdrang).
Oh yeah I've noticed that even if the next hit should still connect and combo it doesn't. I get what you're saying and I thought it was very weird especially for how long some of the hit can last. I always go for the 9 frame 3

Samsara

Resident Cynic
Hey guys since this is the general, feel free to talk about any cool gear move interaction you've found. I'm putzing around with 'Line in The Sand" right now.

Robin marks a threshold that when crosed damages meter and health.

Does roughly 200 damage and drains half a bar of meter

Pretty 'meh' imo

Last edited:

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
He's developing. He's definitely not strong, but at least he has depth.

Top characters are just "pewpewpew stay over there!" as usual.
My biggest issue with him has been starting an offensive. He seems way too whiff punish heavy until his setups can start. Getting in isn't easy and one mistake and you're back to having to struggle your way in again. But that's been my personal assessment of him.