What's new

Rip Fujin, Rain, Noob, Shang Tsung

Might-Taro 19

by each death, we learn more..
I wonder what's the truth though guys...what if after all this disappointed we have been feeling, Mk11 final build has a base roster of like 30-33 characters? and most fan favorites make it in while some the remaining ones make it as dlc. What if the steam leak achievements isn't totally legit? What if only small parts of it is while the rest is not even true? we don't know and already its confirmed we have secret unlockable characters. I will like the game no matter what happens but man I'm worried these very important characters fans and myself want won't make it..

RoninLoganX

The Masterless Sword
We do? Like what?

True, but that was a very specific choice of words and it kinda scares me.
Raiden isn't Omniscient, it could just be what he strongly believes. And, there have been hints that some of the variations of the characters are from timelines other than the Armageddon and the Reboot timelines, for example Kung Lao is wearing the Champion's medallion, implying Liu Kang and him are from the Shaolin Monks timeline.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
And, there have been hints that some of the variations of the characters are from timelines other than the Armageddon and the Reboot timelines, for example Kung Lao is wearing the Champion's medallion, implying Liu Kang and him are from the Shaolin Monks timeline.
I didn't know Kung Lao won the MK tournament in Shaolin Monks's timeline, that's good to know. Anyway I'm not sure where you are going with this?

Might-Taro 19

by each death, we learn more..
Raiden isn't Omniscient, it could just be what he strongly believes. And, there have been hints that some of the variations of the characters are from timelines other than the Armageddon and the Reboot timelines, for example Kung Lao is wearing the Champion's medallion, implying Liu Kang and him are from the Shaolin Monks timeline.
If its true then more than likely we might actually get a shaolin monks type of mode. Not super huge but perhaps half of the finished sequel?

RoninLoganX

The Masterless Sword
I didn't know Kung Lao won the MK tournament in Shaolin Monks's timeline, that's good to know. Anyway I'm not sure where you are going with this?
Both actually one the title of Champion in Shaolin Monks.
And, where I'm going with it is that it could be that that version of Raiden might come from a timeline where Shang Tsung is in fact dead, or we make get a Shang Tsung from a timeline other than the 2 primary ones. You can't really base anything off intro dialogue.

Cassie Cyrus

Have you ever seen the Rain?
Very offtopic, but am I insane to want Kung Lao to become engulfed with envy and becoming Shang Tsung's ally instead of staying on the good side? I think his hat is more of an evil weapon for some reason :-p

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Both actually one the title of Champion in Shaolin Monks.
And, where I'm going with it is that it could be that that version of Raiden might come from a timeline where Shang Tsung is in fact dead, or we make get a Shang Tsung from a timeline other than the 2 primary ones. You can't really base anything off intro dialogue.
Ok I know that, that's why I specified that the choice of words is what worried me.

Regardless I was asking what "signs" we have of Shang's return since you said we have many. I mean the only one I can think of is Liu Kang's skull fireball in the reveal trailer, but I'm very pessimistic and I think that actually works against Shang since I doubt they'd give the same move to 2 different characters, and the chances of that being a morphed Shang are slim.

RoninLoganX

The Masterless Sword
Ok I know that, that's why I specified that the choice of words is what worried me.

Regardless I was asking what "signs" we have of Shang's return since you said we have many. I mean the only one I can think of is Liu Kang's skull fireball in the reveal trailer, but I'm very pessimistic and I think that actually works against Shang since I doubt they'd give the same move to 2 different characters, and the chances of that being a morphed Shang are slim.
A few stages reference him, there was Ed Boon's statement about a familiar face in regards to a voice and mocap actor for one of the characters, and there's the fact that Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa has been liking and retweeting a bunch of MK related tweets on Twitter as of late.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
A few stages reference him, there was Ed Boon's statement about a familiar face in regards to a voice and mocap actor for one of the characters, and there's the fact that Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa has been liking and retweeting a bunch of MK related tweets on Twitter as of late.
That's true, that's all true. All things I knew but my pessimistic mind chose to ignore. Come on, Shang still has a chance! LET'S GO!!!

vapid

cyber warlord
I think Fujin and Noob will get in, if not the regular roster then for DLC.
Noob - certainly.

Fujin - in terms of fan request, yes, but I don't think NRS like the character or know what to do with him. Why was he only an NPC in MKX? Why didn't he even make KP2, let alone KP1?

I'd love for Fujin to be on the roster (ideally he'd be central to the plot, with Raiden now corrupted) but at this point I think it's an outside bet. Instead, prepare yourself for the 'exciting' return of Ermac and Mileena as DLC.

Icefyre

Shadows
I think Fujin and Noob will get in, if not the regular roster then for DLC.
My issue with this idea though, at least in regards to Noob Saibot being DLC, is that they've been trying to showcase so far that they listen to fans and are bringing back "fan favorites".

He's the most requested character, if I'm not mistaken. If they're really bring back Jade and Baraka because they're fan favorites, why would you not include Noob Saibot? Why make people wait months for him to come out on DLC when everybody else got their somewhat less popular favorites from the start? Obviously people will say because NRS knows people will buy it, I realize, but it just seems so incredibly greedy to me if they actually pull something like that.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
The Raiden banter doesn't mean that Shang is deconfirmed. This is a game fucking with timelines remember? One could be past Raiden and the other is the Evil Future Raiden. And in evil raiden's timeline, Shang IS long dead. But not in past Raiden's timeline.

Thus past shang could be in the game.

aj1701

Noob
Why ? Geras is a new character, so he had a temporary name, they changed it afterwards. But why would they pick temporary names for already established characters ?
Because they know they have to start setting things up in Steam, know that those trophies get scrapped, and so scramble things to prevent leaks.

Shao Kahn is Kharater #26 Confirmend by Shawn Hemmerik at the London Reveal event

Why does everyone have him as one of the original 25?

Agilaz

It has begun
That's true, that's all true. All things I knew but my pessimistic mind chose to ignore. Come on, Shang still has a chance! LET'S GO!!!
I wish I had your tenacity on this. I'm really hoping he makes it in, but I'm gonna keep telling myself he's not. He's one I really want back and him skipping out on another game would be too much.

The most frustrating about this is how NRS is handling the reveals. We're less than two months away from release and we barely know half the roster. They should have a deconfirm go alongside every confirm. Yes, I know deconfirms can kill hype short term, but at the very least this puts people's minds at ease. It also stops a lot of this forum bickering.

Why are we just not allowed to know whether Shang is in or not? Yeah, I'll be hyped if he turns out to be the last reveal. On the other hand, my hype boner will die out completely when the full roster is shown during the last Kombat Kast and Shang isn't on that screen.

At the very least I'm happy with Geras and Kano so far. If we ever get to see Kano before release, at least. Same with Shao Kahn, but I'm assuming they'll have something special planned for his reveal, kinda like what they did with Goro.

Chuckyscookie

Here's to hoping.
Fujin - in terms of fan request, yes, but I don't think NRS like the character or know what to do with him. Why was he only an NPC in MKX? Why didn't he even make KP2, let alone KP1?

I'd love for Fujin to be on the roster (ideally he'd be central to the plot, with Raiden now corrupted) but at this point I think it's an outside bet. Instead, prepare yourself for the 'exciting' return of Ermac and Mileena as DLC.
I really have a hard time thinking why it would be so hard to come up with something to make Fujin work. As you say, he would be a perfect fit for the story as a voice or reason opposing Raiden. And gameplay wise, the dude is a god with wind powers and a cool weapon. How can you not make that work :D

However, I also don't think he has the highest chances. I don't know what it is, but it seems like they just don't want him in for some reason. Which is really sad.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Noob - certainly.

I think if Fujin don't make this game one way or another, I'll officially be convinced NRS hates him lol.

But if Ermac should make it that would cheer me up.

@Chuckyscookie Yes Chucky, I agree I mean he's another God(they've had Raiden and Shinnok) it's not like they can't have multiple God characters, look at Kronika(sure we don't know but she's easily Goddess level with her powers manipulating time and all) I agree, I don't get why they'd put back someone like Jacqui and not Fujin who's actually had a lot more development over time but not had a chance to really shine. I think I know what it is, they're in Chicago right? The Windy City, so they're biased against the wind.

My issue with this idea though, at least in regards to Noob Saibot being DLC, is that they've been trying to showcase so far that they listen to fans and are bringing back "fan favorites".

He's the most requested character, if I'm not mistaken. If they're really bring back Jade and Baraka because they're fan favorites, why would you not include Noob Saibot? Why make people wait months for him to come out on DLC when everybody else got their somewhat less popular favorites from the start? Obviously people will say because NRS knows people will buy it, I realize, but it just seems so incredibly greedy to me if they actually pull something like that.
I think he'll get in and NRS does seem to listen to the fans, they have to know we want Fujin and Noob. Noob is just cool and Fujin is just demanded for what the past 10+ years? lol his last appearance was Armageddon, he needs to show up at some point. Maybe a hidden character, as they've confirmed there will be unlockable ones.

Maybe Noob and Smoke will be as a nod to MK 2? It's hard to say who the DLC will be at this point honestly.

JDM

Noob
It's so weird to me that the steam leak in incomplete. Like wtf. How would that even be the case? Some characters just don't have fatality trophies?

Chuckyscookie

Here's to hoping.
It's so weird to me that the steam leak in incomplete. Like wtf. How would that even be the case? Some characters just don't have fatality trophies?
They didn't put them up at the same time, Erron Black was leaked a day before the rest. They did this piece by piece and noticed the uproar before they were finished. Kinda sad that everyone jumped on this so fast, if we had waited one more day, maybe we would have had the complete roster :D

JDM

Noob
They didn't put them up at the same time, Erron Black was leaked a day before the rest. They did this piece by piece and noticed the uproar before they were finished. Kinda sad that everyone jumped on this so fast, if we had waited one more day, maybe we would have had the complete roster :D
yea that was my other thought about it. unlucky!

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
Why are we just not allowed to know whether Shang is in or not?
What's NRS supposed to do if he is in? Reveal him tomorrow?

As much as you care about Shang, other people care about Noob, Mileena, Smoke, Rain, Kitana, Fujin, Kenshi, Johnny, etc. They can't reveal everyone tomorrow.

Agilaz

It has begun
What's NRS supposed to do if he is in? Reveal him tomorrow?

As much as you care about Shang, other people care about Noob, Mileena, Smoke, Rain, Kitana, Fujin, Kenshi, Johnny, etc. They can't reveal everyone tomorrow.
Shang was just my example cause I happen to care more about him than the others, but what I said applies to them too.

You can reveal the names of the roster and still hype up the reveal of each individual character. Less drama, more positivity that way.

Honestly though, NRS is kinda shit at revealing information in general. They try, they end up getting fucked by a Steam leak.

Then there is Kano, who was revealed so unceremoniously that it makes me think it was a mistake, it wasn't time yet.

We STILL don't know for sure how custom variations will work in tournaments. Hell, we don't even know if ranked will have them.

And what's happening this week? A mobile stream. Sigh.

The reveal cycle is so tiring, I'm considering disconnecting from all of it entirely until at least the beta.