What's new

Rip Fujin, Rain, Noob, Shang Tsung

Might-Taro 19

by each death, we learn more..
Looks like the steam achievements are legit which means quite a bit of fan favorites and obvious ones will not be making it in Mk11 unless the roster slots isn't final. I'm honestly worried that Fujin, Rain, and Noob saibot are gonna make it as DLC. What do you guys think? I still did not find a character I wanna main yet..

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
Steam leak achievements got the best of me. It sounds legit and probably is..
Probably. But there is also that other leak from DaddyDab (that got him banned from the reveal event iirc) that mentions Jax and Shang Tsun, so who really knows...

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
There are still a couple of slots that are empty even with the achievement leak, so who knows who they are. We also don't know who these 4 'new characters' are supposed to be and they could literally be Fujin, Rain, Noob, and Shang for all we know.

Keep calm, Y'all. Besides, Rain was literally on the main menu and Noob (possibly) was too. I wanna see Shang Tsung as much as the next guy, so I'm not gonna worry too hard until I see every single character revealed.

Keep your shoulders up! Have hope!

sub_on_dubs

Online Scrub Lord
Hope at least one of them makes it in, preferably Rain or Noob. If not, I'm really feeling Jade at the moment.

Might-Taro 19

by each death, we learn more..
Hope at least one of them makes it in, preferably Rain or Noob. If not, I'm really feeling Jade at the moment.
Oh I loved jades default look..however I never really play with females. I just find it weird maybe because I'm more masculine type person. I hope I will find someone to main.. and them having a ton of skins and gear for us to unlock while playing the game.

Tweedy

Noob
They're not gonna sell Sonya/Jacqui in dlc packs. Obviously some of the coolest characters will be saved for dlc so people will buy them.

zerosebaz

What's the point of a random Krypt?
There are two spots left, assuming Shao Khan is not one of the 25.

Confirmed Officially

1: Sub-Zero
2: Scorpion
3: Raiden
4: Baraka
5: Skarlet
6: Sonya
7: Geras
8: Kabal
9: Dvorah
10: Kano
11: Jade

In Trailers or Menus
12: Liu Kang
13: Kung Lao
14: Cassie Cage
15: Kitana
16: Johnny Cage

In Leak
17: Erron Black
18: Frost
19: Jacquie
20: Kotal
21: New (Kol)
22: New (Cet)
23: New (Ter)

That leaves two places who could easily be for any combination of Noob Saibot, who was seen in the towers, Rain who is likely to be the one on the Konquer image from the menu, Shang Tsung who according to speculation is being played by the movie actor, or Fujin, who should've been in MKX's main roster but is the less likely to be in this game than the other 3.

Dam it, Fujin better be the first DLC...

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Something that didn't occur to me until today...

10 bucks says that if The Kollector is real, he's going to be this game's MKD Noob/Smoke and be the eventuality of the Shang-Ermac union, but as one whole new fusion instead of the two individually.

I mean, if you're in the MK Universe, and you're literally named The Kollector, what the hell else could you be collecting except the thing both Shang and Ermac draw power from - souls?
How do you fit two fan favorites into one roster slot? Soul magic.

SmokeMK

Noob
Noob is definitely in, Rain is probably in. Don’t know why people think 25 is the absolute limit. It’s poor Smoke that's getting left out.

JDM

Noob
Because 25 is the limit lol. We go through this every time, the select screen never changes and 25 slots are what we have to work with. That said, not every character was leaked so calm down!

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
They're not gonna sell Sonya/Jacqui in dlc packs. Obviously some of the coolest characters will be saved for dlc so people will buy them.
I think you're overstating the case for NRS's greediness.

Look at MKX. Who were the MK dlc characters? Triborg, Tremor, Tanya, and Bo.

Of those 4 the only one that was like a "put him in and 50 billion people will buy him" choice for the devs is Triborg. The other 3 were all fairly obscure/joke characters. Granted they did an amazing job with Tremor, but still, there was no guarantee it would turn out that way. They definitely took a risk on 3/4 characters, when they could have easily put in Smoke, Noob, Rain and gotten even more hype.

So honestly I wouldn't dare to predict NRS's DLC choices for MK11.

it seems like being dead gives you a better chance to be in this game though .
Shao Kahn is the prime sorcerer of Outworld -- he cannot "die". He's kind of analogous to the character "Orochimaru", in the Naruto franchise (who takes on different bodies / vessels and, as such, is effectively immortal) -- Kahn was locked in limbo, until the story realigned to incorporate him again (*he was actually slated to be playable in MK9, only to be dropped to "unplayable, half-baked boss", near the end of the game's development).

On a purely real world front: Kahn is one of the most iconic bad guy / bosses in fighting games -- there its literally no way they would put him out to pasture. Indeed, the character is largely untapped in the playable realm and, thus, has a lot to work with (i.e., should be relatively easy to develop for).

As much as I do not mind the Rains (a tad Raiden derivative) and Fujins (the wind element has plenty design wriggle room), these such characters are rather obscure. Meaning, unless they're integrated into the games' narrative frameworks, they could only ever be conceivable as DLC / add-ons. Having said that, when garbage like Meat, Bo' Rai Cho, the kombat kids et al. can make the cut, it is genuinely mind-boggling how the former exampled characters so often miss out.

If NRS want to gauge what chars. people, they should to conduct minutely sampled focus groups, or dumb surveys that kiddies spam into irrelevancy (*Sakura!!! was voted the best Street Fighter character, not that long ago); rather, they should simply Google search "M.U.G.E.N. Mortal Kombat characters" and then use the results frequency as a barometer for what people want. For no one is going to the trouble to code fighting game characters in M.U.G.E.N., unless they really, really like them... And the more people who undertake such an endeavour, means the more fans a given combatant has.