What's new

Rip Fujin, Rain, Noob, Shang Tsung

Cassie Cyrus

Have you ever seen the Rain?
RAIN:

Hints to be in:
- Tower image
- They would not pull the same evil twice (showing rain, making fans hyped, then turn the hype into disappointment)
- The silly thing with Sonixfox
- He was already DLC once, which increases his chances a bit, especially over Noob and Shang Tsung, who easily could become awesome DLC characters.

Hints against him:
- His power being used in towers, the other powers aren't yet in the game as well (Reptile, Cyrax and Shinnok)
- Boon doesn't really like him / Never been in the starting roster apart from Armageddon (And even in that game he was added last addition), but that game doesn't count.
- Skarlet's winning pose makes it rain, also her moves are about water-like blood. (But then again, Frost + Sub-Zero, 4 Gun-based characters... so two water-based characters must be easily possible)
- Raiden has Rains lightning from above move.
- Sub-Zero has a full purple outfit, though he also has a yellow one and a green one, so maybe Rain also has a blue one... (Crosses fingers)
- Not shown in latest leaks, though RAI could mean Rain instead of Raiden... Kitana and Geras aren't in the leaks as well, so there is still a chance.

Last edited:

Zhidoreptiloid

Watcher from the sky
Looks like the steam achievements are legit which means quite a bit of fan favorites and obvious ones will not be making it in Mk11 unless the roster slots isn't final. I'm honestly worried that Fujin, Rain, and Noob saibot are gonna make it as DLC. What do you guys think? I still did not find a character I wanna main yet..
Fujin, Rain, Noob, Shang Tsung. Who need these nonames and unwanted characters? We have Jacqui! Hoorraaaa! Jacquin in roster! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Lokheit

Noob
Not all confirmed characters where in the steam leak, so the steam leak doesn't include all characters. Don't freak out. Being in the leak means you're in but not being in the leak doesn't mean you're not.

Noob is in, he got a character tower, an honor reserved historically to playable characters.

My personal theory is that like in other games, there are hidden roster squares and Shang Tsung might be an unlockable character added to them. That or he's base roster and Rain isn't (Rain got the schrodinger treatment as he got the menus image but also the non playable character tower assist rather than summon).

SenSx

Noob
Not all confirmed characters where in the steam leak, so the steam leak doesn't include all characters. Don't freak out. Being in the leak means you're in but not being in the leak doesn't mean you're not.

Noob is in, he got a character tower, an honor reserved historically to playable characters.

My personal theory is that like in other games, there are hidden roster squares and Shang Tsung might be an unlockable character added to them. That or he's base roster and Rain isn't (Rain got the schrodinger treatment as he got the menus image but also the non playable character tower assist rather than summon).
Why do you not value Rain's presence on the main menu tab more ?
I mean he symbolizes the player there, who can obviously pick Rain and play the tower.
You will answer me MKX all over again, but that's different, he was just in the story you played once and that's it.

He is literraly in your face here, and every one is playable on that menu.
It would be so cruel from them to do something like that, given that it would be the second time in a row, and each time you start the game, you'll see him as unreachable again.

They can easily change that picture and I will change opinion if they do next time we see a demo, but that seems unlikely so closed to the game's release.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
You literally have my top 3 in the title OP. It hurts.

Probably. But there is also that other leak from DaddyDab (that got him banned from the reveal event iirc) that mentions Jax and Shang Tsun, so who really knows...
Dab's leak got debunked. It seems he just couldn't go, he wasn't banned.

So basically I should preorder my game without knowing my mains are in it?

Excellent business practice NRS, keep it up.
This is one of the biggest issues I have with this game right now. It's what's keeping me from pre-ordering the game. I will not buy this game until I know exactly who is in and who is out. They can't expect us to blindly pay for something when we don't even know what we're paying for. I really hope the entire roster is revealed before 20 April, so that there is still time to pre-order once the roster is revealed.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Can there be one dedicated megathread for people crying about the roster? Stop acting like these characters won't be in the game just because they're not part of the Steam achievements.

25 CHARACTERS IS NOT ALL WE ARE GETTING.

Lokheit

Noob
Why do you not value Rain's presence on the main menu tab more ?
I mean he symbolizes the player there, who can obviously pick Rain and play the tower.
You will answer me MKX all over again, but that's different, he was just in the story you played once and that's it.

He is literraly in your face here, and every one is playable on that menu.
It would be so cruel from them to do something like that, given that it would be the second time in a row, and each time you start the game, you'll see him as unreachable again.

They can easily change that picture and I will change opinion if they do next time we see a demo, but that seems unlikely so closed to the game's release.
As I said he's in split territory.

I'm assuming launch day either his menu image will be replaced (maybe currently is a placeholder for a new character) or his assist attack will be upgraded to summon attack. Historically being a non summon assists means NPC, so one should be changed.

Madog32

PSN: ImaGiveItToUBaby
lol @ these silly threats of not pre-ordering or buying the game at all because your favorite character isn't in.

Sound like a bunch of entitled brats. Do you even remember the days when Kasts and streams were not a thing? You got a trailer, a release date, and that was it.

NRS doesn't owe you anything. They're kind enough to launch a beta for the game with what appears to be an open invitation for anyone who pre-orders. No skin off their nose whether you do or don't

SenSx

Noob
As I said he's in split territory.

I'm assuming launch day either his menu image will be replaced (maybe currently is a placeholder for a new character) or his assist attack will be upgraded to summon attack. Historically being a non summon assists means NPC, so one should be changed.
I heard Injustice 2 had assists for playable characters, is that false ?
Also that Skarlet had an assist too in MK11, but don't know either.

Lokheit

Noob
I heard Injustice 2 had assists for playable characters, is that false ?
Also that Skarlet had an assist too in MK11, but don't know either.
In I2 playable characters had summons (like MK11 demo had too with Raiden, Baraka and others) and non playable characters had assists.

The main difference is that summons spawn the actual character to perform the attack while assist attacks don't but can be activated mid combo.

Rain status as assist could end up being upgraded to summon, but it's weird they already made his assist face icon following the pattern of others just to mislead us. It's weird too if the menu icon is placeholder though, but I won't say he's confirmed or deconfirmed until one of them changes.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
In I2 playable characters had summons (like MK11 demo had too with Raiden, Baraka and others) and non playable characters had assists.

The main difference is that summons spawn the actual character to perform the attack while assist attacks don't but can be activated mid combo.

Rain status as assist could end up being upgraded to summon, but it's weird they already made his assist face icon following the pattern of others just to mislead us. It's weird too if the menu icon is placeholder though, but I won't say he's confirmed or deconfirmed until one of them changes.
Wait so in towers you can call tag moves from the rest of the cast? Oh come on, this is basically "look but don't touch" for tag team fans!

Wam-Zlay

Reptile / Noob
RAIN:

Hints to be in:
- Tower image
- They would not pull the same evil twice (showing rain, making fans hyped, then turn the hype into disappointment)
- The silly thing with Sonixfox
- He was already DLC once, which increases his chances a bit, especially over Noob and Shang Tsung, who easily could become awesome DLC characters.

Hints against him:
- His power being used in towers, the other powers aren't yet in the game as well (Reptile, Cyrax and Shinnok)
- Boon doesn't really like him / Never been in the starting roster apart from Armageddon (And even in that game he was added last addition), but that game doesn't count.
- Skarlet's winning pose makes it rain, also her moves are about water-like blood. (But then again, Frost + Sub-Zero, 4 Gun-based characters... so two water-based characters must be easily possible)
- Raiden has Rains lightning from above move.
- Sub-Zero has a full purple outfit, though he also has a yellow one and a green one, so maybe Rain also has a blue one... (Crosses fingers)
- Not shown in latest leaks, though RAI could mean Rain instead of Raiden... Kitana and Geras aren't in the leaks as well, so there is still a chance.
sure geras is in the leak TER. @Braindead