What's new

Match-up Discussion RiBBz22's Killer Frost Matchup Chart [Updated: 10/10/13]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha, he sent me a message yesterday after we played saying she doesn't beat Aquaman. It is really slight advantage imo. We discussed it above at some length. Hopefully see you tonight if you are heading to Manny's.

how is it her adv slightly? i didnt see any adv and you would be lying if you said there was any. we played 2 sets. I was down 20-16 then won a FT5 5-3. In reality i was up for a large portion of the 36 gamed we played initially and won a FT5 afterwards. I got t0 5, 10, and 16 all long before you. Then in a FT5 I again got to 5 first. You also picked batcave after having issues on a random stage and a LARGE portion of the games were on the stage EVERY KF picks, batcave...

MU ratios are based on best of 10 and on random stages, not a stage hand picked because you feel intractables wont come into play as much.. I got to 6 first, then got to 12 first, you eventually got to 20 first. in the FT 5 where i won 5-3, i probably would have again gotten to 6 first. that means if we only did best of 10's, Aquaman got to 6 wins first three times and frost only once.

Now, online plays a big role as there were plenty of game over combos i dropped and ate a wu slide and there were combos you dropped as well. there is NOTHING in any set with any KF that says slight adv her.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
how the hell do you get Aquaman losing 6-4? uhhhh no.. 5-5
Honestly, I have had this MU as 6-4 before the trait cancel leading to 50-50's went away, then back to 5-5 until I changed it today. I always planned to change it after the patch with the d2 buffs because I thought that had an impact on the MU...but never did ended up doing it. Long story short I have been changing it back and forth between 5-5 and 6-4 for a while, and I really wouldn't argue either side.

RiBBz22

how is it her adv slightly? i didnt see any adv and you would be lying if you said there was any. we played 2 sets. I was down 20-16 then won a FT5 5-3. In reality i was up for a large portion of the 36 gamed we played initially and won a FT5 afterwards. I got t0 5, 10, and 16 all long before you. Then in a FT5 I again got to 5 first. You also picked batcave after having issues on a random stage and a LARGE portion of the games were on the stage EVERY KF picks, batcave...

MU ratios are based on best of 10 and on random stages, not a stage hand picked because you feel intractables wont come into play as much.. I got to 6 first, then got to 12 first, you eventually got to 20 first. in the FT 5 where i won 5-3, i probably would have again gotten to 6 first. that means if we only did best of 10's, Aquaman got to 6 wins first three times and frost only once.

Now, online plays a big role as there were plenty of game over combos i dropped and ate a wu slide and there were combos you dropped as well. there is NOTHING in any set with any KF that says slight adv her.
I honestly don't think our set really impacted the way I look at the MU. I try to just look at the character tools and focus less on how we were playing unless I picked up on something that AM may have used that I hadn't thought about before. Plus it was online and you know how that goes. I don't put much weight into that since online always has an impact on gameplay.

I think AK Pig Of The Hut has a point. This match could be in Zod's favor in the foreseeable future.

When you get mopped up tonight, perhaps you will agree.

That won't mean too much if he plays run away frost vs Zod. Thats where Zod KILLS her. It may take time for him to get a feel for the MU, or any KF for that matter, before we start thinking Zod wins.

IMO its 5-5 at worst, but it is possibly 6-4 Zod. Time will tell..

I honestly don't think our set really impacted the way I look at the MU. I try to just look at the character tools and focus less on how we were playing unless I picked up on something that AM may have used that I hadn't thought about before. Plus it was online and you know how that goes. I don't put much weight into that since online always has an impact on gameplay.

I agree about the online thing, cannot base anything off that..

HOWEVER.. every KF ALWAYS picks batcave and i'm sure most of their MU numbers reflect that.

Even though its online, we played on 2 stages not batcave and you did not do as well as you did on batcave. Its really this way for a lot of KF players that I play.

I think KF players need to start doing double random online like the rest of us. MU numbers aren't based on our favorite stage.

RiBBz22

I think AK Pig Of The Hut has a point. This match could be in Zod's favor in the foreseeable future.

When you get mopped up tonight, perhaps you will agree.
I probably won't agree because I don't know the MU so I will be learning it. I don't base MU's on how bad I get bodied. I am in no way arguing the Zod MU one way or the other.

I afree about the online thing, cannot base anything off that..

HOWEVER.. every KF ALWAYS picks batcave and i'm sure most of their MU numbers reflect that.

Even though its online, we played on 2 stages not batcave and you did not do as well as you did on batcave. Its really this way for a lot of KF players that I play.
I totally understand what you are saying. I have been asked to provide MU charts for KF for like every single stage....I am simply not going to do that because it is a waste of time. I am leaving the MU chart out there as a base. I agree with you that AM could be 5-5 (like I said I have flip flopped a bunch so don't read into it). It is on our community to level up on other stages to keep MU numbers consistent IMO. I feel that with the recent stage nerfs and MB bounce cancel buffs we should be able to handle all stages in the game.

I think KF players need to start doing double random online like the rest of us. MU numbers aren't based on our favorite stage.
TBH, I should have won the last game of the FT5 IMO to make it 4-4. That was a total choke, but choking still counts as a loss so I have to hold that. I didn't feel like being on that stage was a disadvantage, but that is my opinion I guess. I really enjoyed that set though.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions

When are you getting XBL?

RiBBz22

When are you getting XBL?
What do you do against KF's meterless vortex normally? Every WW player I have ever played gets really really like really badly abused by it on knockdown. Once you bait that lasso launcher and whiff punish it with slide I feel like it is a really crappy mind-game for WW.

RiBBz22

You have kf ba 5-5 ?? Do tell.
I've always had it as a bad MU for her but I think the nerfs change things a bit and make it closer to even. Her parry is still just as good as it has always been, she has solid punish options now and 50-50's on blocked dive kick, and the nerfs to lightning is a pretty important change that opens things up a lot more for Frost in this MU now since that hurts his ability to check her full screen and prolong his runaway. Do you not think the MU has changed much?

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
What do you do against KF's meterless vortex normally? Every WW player I have ever played gets really really like really badly abused by it on knockdown. Once you bait that lasso launcher and whiff punish it with slide I feel like it is a really crappy mind-game for WW.
For any player that baits the lasso spin wakeup by walking away, they open themselves up to her lasso grab which leaves her +14.
But thats just a part of the wakeup game. WoWo hits alot harder on KFs knockdown than KF can on WoWos.

KFs only way in is by sliding, and when thats blocked WoWo always gets a free D3 to check her, and getting hit by her D3 you may aswell put the pad down most of the time lol. Her MB F3 after the slide will whiff if WoWo mashes D3.

Even then, she isnt actually able to get a MB F3 out after the slide is blocked because the sweep comes out before she can even begin it. If WoWo ducks the F3 she gets a full combo punish.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
For any player that baits the lasso spin wakeup by walking away, they open themselves up to her lasso grab which leaves her +14.
But thats just a part of the wakeup game. WoWo hits alot harder on KFs knockdown than KF can on WoWos.

KFs only way in is by sliding, and when thats blocked WoWo always gets a free D3 to check her, and getting hit by her D3 you may aswell put the pad down most of the time lol. Her MB F3 after the slide will whiff if WoWo mashes D3.
Is lasso grab not crouchable. WW has no wakeup game

RiBBz22

Does KF need to get in in this MU though? I play it pretty defensively and have her chase me/punish mistakes. KF can't jump after a blocked slide before getting d3'd? I will be honest I haven't played this MU a lot, but I have never struggled in it and I have played maybe not the highest level WW's but definitely ones that are good with her and know the character.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Is lasso grab not crouchable. WW has no wakeup game
Sorry, but if you say WW has no wakeup game you have no idea lol, she has the exact same wakeup game as KL in MK9, which was one of the best wakeup games of that game. Yes the grab is duckable.

No KF player is ever gonna do damage to a WoWo player (that actually knows how to play properly) without getting near her. She cant jump, cant slide and cant zone her (at all).

She can parry both of her daggers, and iadg her before she can block confirm the ice berg. iADG is very difficult for KF to get anything started due to her shitty range, she has to slide, in which case she's gonna have to deal with sweeps all day again.

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
Also, KF players need to stop basing MU numbers on batcave only lol.

I have yet to fight a KF where 80% of the matches were not spent on batcave which they picked, rather than double random.
There is at least one MU where the Batcave backfires with regards to Killer Frost BIG TIME, and it's a non power character.
I love the hall of justice both for nostalgia reasons and the roomba shenanigans, and it is my most selected stage.
It's easier to toss the piano as KF than to jump and get instant air jump 1'd out of it as a power character
Striker's island (outside of the yard) works wonders for acrobatic characters, and Fortress of Solitude is also pretty decent.

However, more often than not KF's remember matches outside of Batcave to be them eating free damage and being put in positions that range from very difficult to impossible to get out of without sustaining damage. It would be foolish to assume that a power character on the Asylum or a character like Zod with his obvious advantage vs other characters, power or otherwise, do not have an advantage, albeit of varying degrees. None the less, I do just as fine outside the Batcave, and even on the Asylum, everyone seems to forget the pipes work both ways.

However you can't really blame the Frosts; I believe it was GGA Jeremiah that said it best during EVO when he described that it's not that she has an advantage on that stage, it's just that others don't. To feel she had an advantage on that stage is just a testament to how much trouble people have against her without some form of aid. However only choosing Batcave will never help you win tournaments in the long run. And people forget Atlantis.

I'm fine fighting her on batcave, BUT.. at the highest level you cannot base MU number on your exp mainly playing on one stage. This is what MOST (not all) KF players do.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Blocked sweeps also give WoWo enough pushback that none of KFs normals can reach her. So even D1 is in perfect range for a B113 whiff punish

Status
Not open for further replies.