What's new

RG Sonic Fox wins Injustice: Gods Among Us at CEO 2014!

Endeavor

I'll live a villain, before I die a hero.
My shout out is to all the top 8 players and to SonicFox for winning, nice work. And the best shout out goes to @Gross for reminding @CD jr why this game is ass, that was the greatest, and truest statement I heard all tourney.

Congrats to SonicFox on taking CEO, well deserved! :D

As for Deg, although many found the matches boring, I felt deg played a pretty solid neutral game throughout most of the tournament. He had consistent trip guards, well timed neutral jumps to cause his opponents to go right under him, and forced a lot of whiff punishes on his opponents. Aquaman is just an extremely defensive character in general, which makes me wonder how to counter that defensive style of play.

Perhaps baiting a reaction might be an answer, but that's just theory fighter at this point. I recall at 2:25:57 of the stream archive Sonic Fox had deg in the corner, and threw out a feint jab which got deg to jump and he punished with cartwheel. Kinda wish more feints where thrown out to bait a reaction in the neutral game, because defensive players are looking for a whiff punish most of the time.

Also good stuff to all the top 8 players. Chris G was awesome to watch, the man has insane defense. Sickest part was how he adapted to Zatanna, really a testament of how good a player he is. Also loved Digit's shazam, so glad he got top 8.

SZSR

Noob
Congrats Sonicfox for taking it. And congrats to the rest of the top 8 and top 16, the tourney was tight and hype thanks to how much better the scene has gotten overall.

Also DIGIT TOP 8 AGAIN, WHAT YOU KNOW ABOUT DIGIT'S SHAZAM.

And finally, thanks for everyone that came out to support INJ, the scene needs everyone that can show up to represent and i'm thankful for everyone who attended CEO in the name of Injustice.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Injustice has a very dominant top 2 or 3 characters but they are not unbeatable, people either need to accept that or move on.
People will go with the latter...onward to MKX...which has a possibility of the same thing happening (because let's face it...it sometimes happens in fighting games). When are people going to wake up and smell the coffee already?!?! :coffee:

It's funny how quick you guys are to fault someone for trying to win a tournament.

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
Sonic Fox's entrance, man. Not the expected fast paced or loud excitement building track, instead we receive wonderful Skullgirls "event" smooooth jazz. Calm and collected jazz for a player who plays the game like Sonic the Hedgehog on crack.

deg222

Best Zatanna that uses Aquaman
yet after a single game he was already blocking resets.
There was nothing to block, I screwed up the reset. Did you not even pay attention to the match with Pig and I? I guess the setup is so ambiguous that even if it's shown to you, you still have no idea how it works.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Congrats to RG Sonic Fox, Batgirl of the World!

Random props to PL's Martian, for punishing trident rush… godlike.

Shotouts to Pan!cMode and N-Megabytes for their performances this weekend. Very nice, and good luck at Evo! ;)

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
Tournaments would be better if they were character locked. I applaud people attempting to deal with very difficult match-ups.

Rooting for Batgirl over Aquaman is like rooting for Mussolini over Hitler.

Roulette versus Slots.
Play to win brah.