What's new

Restricting Combos is the Biggest Fail

BecomingDeath13

"You won't winter over?" Who the fuck wrote that?
Besides Scorpion in particular has a Krush that requires a 10 hit string to activate And I've seen videos of combos from him with upwards of 15+ hits. Combo length is gonna vary per character, but if scorpion can still rock 15 hits. It's fine ..

People are taking this WAY out of proportion. No one has had nearly enough lab time with the game to optimize combos. Not to mention the build they showed off was much older than where they currently are in the development cycle. Things that don't combo now may combo in the final build and vice versa.

Everyone needs to relax and have an open mind.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Imagine, if you will, Diago vs Sonic Fox in the EVO 2019 finals? Sign me the fuck up please.
Bruh. The possibilities are literally endless. Because this time it wouldn't be one scene trying to one up the other, we've already gone through all that...this is a brand new dance, even to all of us, just like MK9 was.
And imagine how many more players MK9 could've had if it was solid right out of the gate?

This is gonna be a greeeeat war, gents...

mastermalone

Use only logic, please
I never knew that the merit of a fighting game was based on combos that exceed 10 hits. All these years I've been playing sub par fighting games I guess since many of them consistently have 3-4 hit combos that do about 15-25% damage which I thought was a fair amount.

In all seriousness, you will be fine when you pull off your first fully optimized 6 hit combo for 35% with only one bar of meter. Trust me.

SLy

Noob
Lol long combos was a staple appeal for mk for sure but it never translated well in neutral. Im personally glad they toned it down.

AbeW

Noob
Lol long combos was a staple appeal for mk for sure but it never translated well in neutral. Im personally glad they toned it down.
Huh? Long combos didn't translate well in neutral?....how the fk did u connect this argument with neutral, u idiot?

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
Huh? Long combos didn't translate well in neutral?....how the fk did u connect this argument with neutral, u idiot?
Maybe they mean long combos have a lot of screen carrying, so you always just end up in the corner? Idk though I’m with you

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
I wouldn't even mind if there were only combos that were 1 to 2 strings long. I'm more in it for the baiting, whiffing, punishing, and winning.

What I don't care for is restands (unless I'm doing them :p)