What's new

Reset Discovery...?

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
has anyone experimented with jip 321 dash njp ex acid hand 32 ffb sffb 2 f3 3+4??
I know the last 3+4 hits but ive never reset anyoen doing it.. what distance does it leave you at?
1+2, and I haven't done it in that combo but it could be the scaling and gravity cause the opponent to hit the ground too fast therefore the last hit comes out too late and doesn't OTG.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
ok so ive been messing around with the reset and literally the absolute only move you have guaranteed after it is dash which i think is not worth it at all. d4 can be interrupted by quite a few strings such as kabals knee

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
ok so ive been messing around with the reset and literally the absolute only move you have guaranteed after it is dash which i think is not worth it at all. d4 can be interrupted by quite a few strings such as kabals knee
Unless Kabal's f4 has lower body invincibility, which is likely what's happening, it should not beat it at all. 9f startup + the 8f disadvantage = d4 would win every time. That or you could be mistiming the strings.

3 shouldn't be interrupted unless you have something that easily ducks it even at the high advantage or armor.

Dash is good for checking opponents that want to armor through anything you throw out as well, also at that range d3 is guaranteed as well.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Unless Kabal's f4 has lower body invincibility, which is likely what's happening, it should not beat it at all. 9f startup + the 8f disadvantage = d4 would win every time. That or you could be mistiming the strings.

3 shouldn't be interrupted unless you have something that easily ducks it even at the high advantage or armor.

Dash is good for checking opponents that want to armor through anything you throw out as well, also at that range d3 is guaranteed as well.
Ive been trying this new version of the reset but it doesnt put me at a close enough distance where 3 will connect let alone 1. d4 will connect without having to dash and that is what i tested.
me n swagg tested it it over 7 times and the knee always beat my d4.. I know i was not mistiming them since i repeated it quite a few times and some of the tries i would liiterally smaash d4 like crazy to get it as fast as possible and the knee would still win..
I thought it wouldnt because like you said it doesnt make sense with the frame data but thats how it is.. try it out

THTB

Ive been trying this new version of the reset but it doesnt put me at a close enough distance where 3 will connect let alone 1. d4 will connect without having to dash and that is what i tested.
me n swagg tested it it over 7 times and the knee always beat my d4.. I know i was not mistiming them since i repeated it quite a few times and some of the tries i would liiterally smaash d4 like crazy to get it as fast as possible and the knee would still win..
I thought it wouldnt because like you said it doesnt make sense with the frame data but thats how it is.. try it out
It depends on where you land the 2 also. If you land 2f31+2 at the highest point you can do 2 and have f3 hit, you'll be super-close.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
It depends on where you land the 2 also. If you land 2f31+2 at the highest point you can do 2 and have f3 hit, you'll be super-close.
cool thanks yea i thought thats what i was doing wrong.. still that doesnt answer how the knee beats the d4.. frame wise it doesnt make sense

THTB

That's simply hitboxes. Likely f4 on the kicking leg has a hitbox that cleanly beats generic lows that don't reach to the back leg.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
That's simply hitboxes. Likely f4 on the kicking leg has a hitbox that cleanly beats generic lows that don't reach to the back leg.
ok cool.. wait so can you consistently get the reset at adistance where you can hit 1?

@RapZiLLa54
Yeah but I just tested it, the normal bnb of 321 NJP ffb, 32 , sfb reset. It leaves your opponent at the same place as 321 NJP dash 32 ffb reset. And it gives more damage and you can dash in fast enough to do 321 same as your combo

I think you are confusing with 321 NJP 32, ffb,sfb, reset. Then it wouldnt work.

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
Still working on it, but I do moreso than I don't.
1 doesn't hit medium from anywhere UNLESS the opponent stays blocking, they could just crouch poke or uppercut you if you tried. 3 would be 5 frames and is a true medium, so why give them a chance to escape? It can still lead to a AA combo if they try to jump out.

Also following up with 1 if they jump out you can't really follow up unless you predicted a jump and just did 1 into forceball. With 321 you can hit confirm into 32 forceball or just 321 dash 321 slide.

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
@RapZiLLa54
Yeah but I just tested it, the normal bnb of 321 NJP ffb, 32 , sfb reset. It leaves your opponent at the same place as 321 NJP dash 32 ffb reset. And it gives more damage and you can dash in fast enough to do 321 same as your combo

I think you are confusing with 321 NJP 32, ffb,sfb, reset. Then it wouldnt work.
If you can get super close doing 37% more power to you. I prefer the easier more guaranteed version over the extra 1% damage incase I mistime the 2.