What's new

Reset Discovery...?

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
For those unaware of Reptile's reset, when used late enough in a juggle, 2f31+2 will not fully connect, but the 1+2 will hit OTG, and will reset the opponent if they block (hits for an unscaled 7% if they don't). On block, this is +8...yes, this means dash cannot be jumped out of.

So Rapzilla told me he had a new way to use the reset and remain close after a 321 NJP. Basically, instead of following up with 32 xx fastball, slowball...omit the slowball and do the reset. It will leave you closer than with the slowball.

With this in mind, Reptile can now link AA d4 xx fastball if you try to jump out, so it sets up some interesting mindgames, such as being close enough to abuse 321 (Not sure if you're close enough to get a free 321 that has to be armored out of). I'm pretty sure you are close enough to crossup as well.

I started to experiment with this, seeing what can lead to closer positioning. Turns out, the standard 122 xx fastball, NJP, 32 xx slowball works, 2 xx fastball, 32 xx slowball works, and even the AA d4 xx fastball works when tacking on 32 xx slowball.

This is huge! :)

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
For those of us who stumbled upon this thread in the forum main page... what is the reset? It is not explained here... put a link ^_^

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
Take any Reptile combo whether it be 321 starter or 122 starter

ie 321-NJP-(dash up) 32fastball- 2f3,1+2. If the opponent blocks it will OTG them but by omitting the slowball and dash up after NJP when you cancel the 1+2 animation you are now much closer to your opponent and @ +8 advantage. If you do it perfectly you are so close your opponent can't even duck Reptiles standing 3.

I'm guessing he means do the following combo:

321, NJPl, 32, Fast Force Ball, F3, 1+2? D4+FFB?

When you D4 the Fast Force Ball is fast and too close because of the set up after for the opponent to jump out, they HAVE to block or they will get launched again?

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I'm guessing he means do the following combo:

321, NJPl, 32, Fast Force Ball, F3, 1+2? D4+FFB?

When you D4 the Fast Force Ball is fast and too close because of the set up after for the opponent to jump out, they HAVE to block or they will get launched again?
pretty much, Rapzilla says you got to dash before the ffb though, also for more damage you can do 2 f3 1+2.

Salad Petresky absolutely, just let me get a little time in the lab with it so I can see if I get it, then I'll hit you up ASAP

oh wait now that I think about it I kinda get it. Because when juggling, The fb combo allows for the 2 to hit so close that your opponent would stand directly in front of you. Kinda like kabal reset

Thanks guys!!

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
This will be my last post about this unless I get frisky and attempt to post another video.

Go to practice mode. Set your opponent to jump and have block OFF. For whatever reason this makes the cpu block the 1+2 but jump instantly after.

Do this combo

JIP-321-NJP-(dash up) 32fastball- 2f3,1+2

Notice when the 1+2 part hits your opponent will OTG. Now dash cancel the 1+2 animation when it hits (if you let the animation run its course Reptile will do a little back hop). Then do d4. Notice d4 will connect if they try to jump out. So if you expect a jump out you can do d4>fastball for a nice AA combo. Or you can do d4>acid hand for a nice 12% extra damage. Basically the moral of the story is its a free d4. Which when your opponent respects, it sets up grab, EX dash, 321, whatever.

ALSO NOTE: The opponent chooses whether or not to be OTG'd. If they block they get OTG'd if they don't block the 1+2 hits and adds 7% unscaled damaged to the combo which in this case is 36% for a total of 42%. Either way, you're fucked. That is all.