What's new

Reset Discovery...?

GGA soonk

ĜĞÅ §ººñ|<®©™
ALSO NOTE: The opponent chooses whether or not to be OTG'd. If they block they get OTG'd if they don't block the 1+2 hits and adds 7% unscaled damaged to the combo which in this case is 36% for a total of 42%. Either way, you're fucked. That is all.
I'll eat the damage. You can kiss my ass if you think I'll be letting you have +8 and getting that 7% back in chip anyways, plus more meter for you and less for me. I can't see any reason to ever block the OTG.

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
I'll eat the damage. You can kiss my ass if you think I'll be letting you have +8 and getting that 7% back in chip anyways, plus more meter for you and less for me. I can't see any reason to ever block the OTG.
Thats fine, there are several follow ups when this connects. Its really a win/win.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Reptile's oki game.

He can set up scenarios where if you wakeup wrong, you either get knocked back down or take additional damage.

Doesn't seem scary until you realize most characters in the game can be blown up by his oki game.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
For those unaware of Reptile's reset, when used late enough in a juggle, 2f31+2 will not fully connect, but the 1+2 will hit OTG, and will reset the opponent if they block (hits for an unscaled 7% if they don't). On block, this is +8...yes, this means dash cannot be jumped out of.

So Rapzilla told me he had a new way to use the reset and remain close after a 321 NJP. Basically, instead of following up with 32 xx fastball, slowball...omit the slowball and do the reset. It will leave you closer than with the slowball.

With this in mind, Reptile can now link AA d4 xx fastball if you try to jump out, so it sets up some interesting mindgames, such as being close enough to abuse 321 (Not sure if you're close enough to get a free 321 that has to be armored out of). I'm pretty sure you are close enough to crossup as well.

I started to experiment with this, seeing what can lead to closer positioning. Turns out, the standard 122 xx fastball, NJP, 32 xx slowball works, 2 xx fastball, 32 xx slowball works, and even the AA d4 xx fastball works when tacking on 32 xx slowball.

This is huge! :)
video! :)

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
Does getting hit by the 1+2 allow enough hit advantage and pushback to do a crossover elbow dash?

GGA soonk

ĜĞÅ §ººñ|<®©™
Reptile's oki game.

He can set up scenarios where if you wakeup wrong, you either get knocked back down or take additional damage.

Doesn't seem scary until you realize most characters in the game can be blown up by his oki game.
At least I have some options then. If I block the 1+2 I have to eat whatever you decide to do next, no options available, while you get to build meter. Both scenarios are obviously in your favor, but one definitely more so than the other

THTB

You have more than just sit there if you have armor, obviously. I have to respect it, or check you letting go of block with dash.

THTB

Wasn't planning on it, but you can make it if you want to.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
Great find guys. There's still so much left to be discovered in this game... it amazes me.

@RapZiLLa54
I think the cpu cant jump out of it might be because he is doing a low block. I need another person to test if he could get out of it in the stand block.
The thing is if you are gonna finish with D4 ah after reset; whats the different between this and the normal 321 NJP ffb, 32 , sfb reset? with the bnb you can do more damage, and the D4 still hits +prevent jump out doesnt it?

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
Looks like ppl expanding on the Showtime reptile reset. Good stuff.

For those unaware of Reptile's reset, when used late enough in a juggle, 2f31+2 will not fully connect, but the 1+2 will hit OTG, and will reset the opponent if they block (hits for an unscaled 7% if they don't). On block, this is +8...yes, this means dash cannot be jumped out of.

So Rapzilla told me he had a new way to use the reset and remain close after a 321 NJP. Basically, instead of following up with 32 xx fastball, slowball...omit the slowball and do the reset. It will leave you closer than with the slowball.

With this in mind, Reptile can now link AA d4 xx fastball if you try to jump out, so it sets up some interesting mindgames, such as being close enough to abuse 321 (Not sure if you're close enough to get a free 321 that has to be armored out of). I'm pretty sure you are close enough to crossup as well.

I started to experiment with this, seeing what can lead to closer positioning. Turns out, the standard 122 xx fastball, NJP, 32 xx slowball works, 2 xx fastball, 32 xx slowball works, and even the AA d4 xx fastball works when tacking on 32 xx slowball.

This is huge! :)
Glad u made this thread, reptile isn't getting enough credit or getting played as much anymore. He is still a very solid char who can slug it out with anyone in this game tbh I play reptile in tournies now and info like this will help me and other reptiles greatly.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Does getting hit by the 1+2 allow enough hit advantage and pushback to do a crossover elbow dash?
What I like to do in this case is go invis then whiff an elbow dash for Smoke-like pressure with his whiffed tele after combo.

EDIT: Reptile finally better use with +8? Good...good...

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
@RapZiLLa54
I think the cpu cant jump out of it might be because he is doing a low block. I need another person to test if he could get out of it in the stand block.
The thing is if you are gonna finish with D4 ah after reset; whats the different between this and the normal 321 NJP ffb, 32 , sfb reset? with the bnb you can do more damage, and the D4 still hits +prevent jump out doesnt it?

Stand block or low block, if the opponent blocks at all they are reset period. I only set the Cpu to jump and tech roll with block off because for some reason it makes the opponent block the 1+2 so its a good way to test followups.

The point of it is you are closer to your opponent. If dash canceled perfectly you are so close to your opponent that 321 would be 5 frames on startup and unduckable. So while d4 was always an option this gives you several different options that I stated in a previous post.

Also the full combo into reset is inconsistent, depending on the height of the opponent the 1+2 will not hit and you will be at serious disadvantage. So I give up the 1% for a guaranteed reset or 7% extra damage.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Stand block or low block, if the opponent blocks at all they are reset period. I only set the Cpu to jump and tech roll with block off because for some reason it makes the opponent block the 1+2 so its a good way to test followups.

The point of it is you are closer to your opponent. If dash canceled perfectly you are so close to your opponent that 321 would be 5 frames on startup and unduckable. So while d4 was always an option this gives you several different options that I stated in a previous post.

Also the full combo into reset is inconsistent, depending on the height of the opponent the 1+2 will not hit and you will be at serious disadvantage. So I give up the 1% for a guaranteed reset or 7% extra damage.
You can still special cancel the recovery of the reset when it whiffs so you aren't at disadvantage, or it least it doesn't seem like I'm at disadvantage when it happens, but either way it's still not good haha. I am really digging the idea of this, I haven't had a chance to test it, but I am going to today. Great stuff!

Medina4life

Media Master
I shall upload an indepth Reptile video for everyone to learn.. I think I've learned enough about the little guy to make something nice..

Anyone want to help me?