What's new

Reset Discovery...?

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
For those unaware of Reptile's reset, when used late enough in a juggle, 2f31+2 will not fully connect, but the 1+2 will hit OTG, and will reset the opponent if they block (hits for an unscaled 7% if they don't). On block, this is +8...yes, this means dash cannot be jumped out of.

So Rapzilla told me he had a new way to use the reset and remain close after a 321 NJP. Basically, instead of following up with 32 xx fastball, slowball...omit the slowball and do the reset. It will leave you closer than with the slowball.

With this in mind, Reptile can now link AA d4 xx fastball if you try to jump out, so it sets up some interesting mindgames, such as being close enough to abuse 321 (Not sure if you're close enough to get a free 321 that has to be armored out of). I'm pretty sure you are close enough to crossup as well.

I started to experiment with this, seeing what can lead to closer positioning. Turns out, the standard 122 xx fastball, NJP, 32 xx slowball works, 2 xx fastball, 32 xx slowball works, and even the AA d4 xx fastball works when tacking on 32 xx slowball.

This is huge! :)
Yea man, the OTG Reset is gold man.
When do the reset after 321 NJP, 32 Fast Ball, the standing :fp can't be avoided as it hits mid from really close range, and if 12b1 hits, you get a d4 Air to air before the opponent can jump out. So its adding a bit more chip/damage/meter before the d4 air to air.

Medina4life

Media Master
So doing it it the new way you guys discovered to put the opponent closer.. Does every hit in 122 hit? Can't you add the 1 2 slide/1 2 2 acid hand mix up for Reptile's Oki if you condition your opponent to respect the reset? Gah.. that even looks like it's in throw range too, this is too good

When do the reset after 321 NJP, 32 Fast Ball, the standing :fp can't be avoided as it hits mid from really close range, and if 12b1 hits, you get a d4 Air to air before the opponent can jump out. So its adding a bit more chip/damage/meter before the d4 air to air.
I never thought of doing 12b1! Excellent

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Nice! In my experience, most people who know Reptile, just eat the reset attempt though; which is unfortunate :(

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
12b1 is only +3, since when can d4 hit them before they can jump out?

RapZiLLa54

So doing it it the new way you guys discovered to put the opponent closer.. Does every hit in 122 hit? Can't you add the 1 2 slide/1 2 2 acid hand mix up for Reptile's Oki if you condition your opponent to respect the reset? Gah.. that even looks like it's in throw range too, this is too good
Definitely in throw range :) Got to ask you man, how do you do the d1 into forceball so damn consistently without meter as an AA crossup????

Medina4life

Media Master
Definitely in throw range :) Got to ask you man, how do you do the d1 into forceball so damn consistently without meter as an AA crossup????
haha idk.. Good timing I guess, playing at GGA I think one of the real good thing our guys do well is Anti cross-ups, that was one of the weaker point in my reptile game so i just worked on it. Now I either get the AA crossup d1 forceball or my my d1 doesn't come out at all. I don't think I ever NOT get the forceball to connect.. idk

RapZiLLa54

haha idk.. Good timing I guess, playing at GGA I think one of the real good thing our guys do well is Anti cross-ups, that was one of the weaker point in my reptile game so i just worked on it. Now I either get the AA crossup d1 forceball or my my d1 doesn't come out at all. I don't think I ever NOT get the forceball to connect.. idk
I'll have to keep at it, although I've had more success with just 1 forceball as a AA crossup tool.

GGA soonk

ĜĞÅ §ººñ|<®©™
Yeah, you don't jump in Chicago...

Medina4life

Media Master
I'll have to keep at it, although I've had more success with just 1 forceball as a AA crossup tool.
Yea I use 1 forceball for my AA's.. I like it better than 2 just because I think it's more consistent to hit the AA's with out using meter than 2 is, also I don't have that nasty whiff disadvantage if I miss. Standing 1's can stuff jik's so I don't see any reason why not to use it...

Also, sometimes on accident I walk forward a little bit on cross up to make the punch whiff and can do standing 1 ant-air... I think it may be better vs cross over kicks as well, I have to practice it more though.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Yea I use 1 forceball for my AA's.. I like it better than 2 just because I think it's more consistent to hit the AA's with out using meter than 2 is, also I don't have that nasty whiff disadvantage if I miss. Standing 1's can stuff jik's so I don't see any reason why not to use it...

Also, sometimes on accident I walk forward a little bit on cross up to make the punch whiff and can do standing 1 ant-air... I think it may be better vs cross over kicks as well, I have to practice it more though.
You could just forward dash (not elbow) all cross ups and 1 ffb for AA, they will always whiff that way.

RapZiLLa54

hmm I tried this out a while ago as a follow up after a blocked EX dash expecting a jump out and Reps dash isn't good enough to get him out of the way of the JIP hit box. Perhaps my timing was off, I'll try again! I do know dashing away into EX forceball works pretty bad ass.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
hmm I tried this out a while ago as a follow up after a blocked EX dash expecting a jump out and Reps dash isn't good enough to get him out of the way of the JIP hit box. Perhaps my timing was off, I'll try again! I do know dashing away into EX forceball works pretty bad ass.
I'm going to mess with it as well along with this close reset nonsense haha, I haven't played in a couple of days, so this is a good way to ween myself back in lol.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
has anyone experimented with jip 321 dash njp ex acid hand 32 ffb sffb 2 f3 3+4??
I know the last 3+4 hits but ive never reset anyoen doing it.. what distance does it leave you at?