What's new

Question Reptile Q and A Thread

CitizenSnips

A seldom used crab named Lucky. AKA Citizen Snips.
Hello guys. I'm playing reptile for a half of year so for this time i collect some questions
1) About NJP BNB - why sometimes it comes like 37% and sometimes like 40% . Where i should correct my timing always to get 40% ?
2) next i want to know about b4 attack? is it useful and when?
3) how i can training my pokes to 32 combo? i get this link when opponent is jumping in practice, but in game i didn't understand how to catch them from JIP. maybe u can give me some advices about that
1. Are you getting the jump in punch to start off the combo?

2. Reptile's sweep has a weird hitbox. You can magically dodge some attacks with it. It's not safe but has good range and like I said it seems to have some magical properties.

3. Do you mean starting a combo with the JIP? I don't remember having difficulty linking it to 32 string. Maybe just practice a bit until you get used to it. If you are determined to JIP someone just start pressing 32 etc., right after you press the JIP. Could also be a distance issue, not sure.

b1ggle

Noob
1. Are you getting the jump in punch to start off the combo?

2. Reptile's sweep has a weird hitbox. You can magically dodge some attacks with it. It's not safe but has good range and like I said it seems to have some magical properties.

3. Do you mean starting a combo with the JIP? I don't remember having difficulty linking it to 32 string. Maybe just practice a bit until you get used to it. If you are determined to JIP someone just start pressing 32 etc., right after you press the JIP. Could also be a distance issue, not sure.
1. Yeah, JIP 321 elbow 32 ffb sfb 321 slide. Sometimes it 40% and sometimes 37% and i don't know why
3. no, i mean when u start combo from d1 like : d1 32 ffb sfb slide for 26%

thank u for your answer and check 4 question pls

CitizenSnips

1. Hmm... are you sure the JIP is actually part of the combo? Like make sure the hit count remains the same, if it's down by 1 and doing 37% then I believe your JIP is not actually part of that combo. If you aren't doing any EX moves then it should constantly be doing the same damage.

3. Oh I see what you mean. Yeah it is difficult to time people's JIP, the best advice I can give is to play offline with somebody and just keep practicing it. Online you can practice it too, but with online lag it is harder to time it. I still suck at timing it because I don't get much offline practice unless I'm playing at a tourny. If you don't feel confident in it then just use EX forceball as an anti air or just elbow dash away.

4. I do not think invis is considered a true wakeup attack. A way to incorporate invisibility is to use it at the end of combos. For example, at the end of the NJP combo, instead of ending with slide you can end with invis. You can also pressure with 32invis, which leaves you at neutral (or -1 i forget) but you can get poked out of this. Many people are against using this pressure tool, but I have had some success with it. However if you do use it too often, the opponent will catch on and punish you. I like to use it like once or twice per set. It can easily steal you the round as long as you mix it up properly.

b1ggle

Noob
1. I don't know but i thought that JIP is part of the combo cause i'm doing it in one line. No i didn't use any ex moves and i think it depends on hitbox. Cause when i'm doing Rapzilla corner combo ( JIP 321 dash 4 ffb 321 sfb 321 slide) sometimes i'm getting 42 and sometimes 45% damage.
3. Oh, i understand that it's only one way.
4. Yeah i know about invis combo ender, about 32 invis pressure, 12 invis, d4 invis etc. I'm thinking it could be good wake up on full screen, but if it's not true wake up then it's not safe anyway.

CitizenSnips

1. Go to practice mode and make sure you really are getting that JIP in the combo. What I mean is when you do 37% see how many hits the game counted, and then when you do 40% see how many hits the game counted. I don't think the hitbox has anything to do with it, I really think it's your JIP that is not being counted.

Temjiin

www.mkxframedata.com
Actually, I do find JIP is inconsistent when linking to 321... sometimes the 3 is magically blocked and I always leave the JIP to the last second. Whereas if they eat the JIP, 122 always connects. Weird. Then again my connection with 80% of my opponents is 2 bars or less. I don't even bother trying for a NJP after 321 dash. 2, Ex fb ftw.

b1ggle

Noob
Oh, i get it, thank u for your answers guys.
And also i want to get your advices about triple elbow. When should i use it?

CitizenSnips

When you knock the opponent down you can triple elbow. The reason for doing this is that it messes up their input when they try to do a wakeup attack. I usually don't do it because I end up uppercutting like an idiot lol.

Seapeople

This one's for you
Has anybody tried d4 ex forceball? If the d4 hits at max range it will put you in the perfect position to dash up to them again, and you're at +2 afterward.
It's probably a waste of meter since there are so many other options with d4, but this is just another one :)

Actually, I do find JIP is inconsistent when linking to 321... sometimes the 3 is magically blocked and I always leave the JIP to the last second. Whereas if they eat the JIP, 122 always connects. Weird. Then again my connection with 80% of my opponents is 2 bars or less. I don't even bother trying for a NJP after 321 dash. 2, Ex fb ftw.
Holy shit I thought I was the only person this happened to! It seems like it happens at the absolute worst time. It even happens in practice. I've fittled around tryin.g to figure out why but it just seems random.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

b1ggle

Noob
Holy shit I thought I was the only person this happened to! It seems like it happens at the absolute worst time. It even happens in practice. I've fittled around tryin.g to figure out why but it just seems random.
I'm working with it for last days. Configure your opponent to "block: auto" in practice and try to input JIP 321 as fast as possible. You'll see that with maximum speed of input this shit is never happened

b1ggle

Noob
Another few questions:
1) How do u use F+2,B+1 and how?
2) what about footsies? when do u use d3 and when d1? i'm understanding that they have different framerate and hitbox, but in what situations they are more useful?

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
Another few questions:
2) what about footsies? when do u use d3 and when d1? i'm understanding that they have different framerate and hitbox, but in what situations they are more useful?
I don't really use f2 b1, but I know f2 can be linked into forceball and it might serve as an OTG(maybe)

Reptile's d1 is pretty bad compared to other other characters, it's slow and doesn't give advantage on hit. d3 is faster safer and provides more advantage.

b1ggle

Noob
Yeah i just want to ask about f2 combo. I saw something like 1221 f2 ex fb ...
but i'm trying to repeat it in practice and have no idea how should i link ex fb after f2, cause i can't add it to the buffer

Darkhood88

Crazy 88 Co-Leader
Another few questions:
1) F+2, B+1 is a very useful tool in the corner. It can lead to reset options or if your not into resets it can do some real decent damage.

2) For your 321 NJP combo, end in the slide if the damage will finish a round. For fighters that have a strong wake up game use F+3, 1+2 to help control there wake up. If they Block they go right to standing, if they let the F+3, 1+2 hit it is an unscaled extra 7% to your combo.

Darkhood88

Crazy 88 Co-Leader
Yeah i just want to ask about f2 combo. I saw something like 1221 f2 ex fb ...
but i'm trying to repeat it in practice and have no idea how should i link ex fb after f2, cause i can't add it to the buffer
That combo can be a pain in the ass. after 1221 you have to regular dash into f+2 then right into the EXfb movement. As soon as you press F+2 you should be pressing the B,B for the fireball. It is actually some strict timing but an option thats good to know if you go with the 1221 combo instead of the 122 fb combo

b1ggle

Noob
2Darkhood88
What reset options can f+2, b+1 combo lead to?
About second point - u talking about reset ender, and i'm asking about footsies. I know how to use f+3, 1+2 etc )

Darkhood88

Crazy 88 Co-Leader
You can end a corner combo with 1221 then Double dash to Back dash to EX SFB, it's another one that requires some timing but mixing it in with other corner combo's can confuse people pretty well.

Yea I know number 2 wasn't the number @ in that particular quote but i read it earlier and wanted to address it.

I think someone said this but d3 comes out quicker than d1 and you can link a few moves to d3 which d1 cannot do.

b1ggle

Noob
You can end a corner combo with 1221 then Double dash to Back dash to EX SFB, it's another one that requires some timing but mixing it in with other corner combo's can confuse people pretty well.
Yeah, i know it too, but how f+2, b+1 relate to this reset?
It's -11 on block so i think it's not very safe to do it in the corner?

Darkhood88

Crazy 88 Co-Leader
You don't want to use it all the time but its a launcher and gets the opponent OTG if they are lying there. It works really well if you have a person conditioned to your d4 stuff. This has been the only real application I see F+2, B+1 for. Is it the greatest? no but it is an option for your corner game and can get you some decent damage or the reset option. of course this is just my opinion

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
Yeah, i know it too, but how f+2, b+1 relate to this reset?
It's -11 on block so i think it's not very safe to do it in the corner?
You still get pushback on it being block. If you want to be safer to f2 into acid hand.

Squeaker101

Show me what you can do
So I asked this in the Matuchup forum, but i'm not all to sure if it was a serious answer or not.
How do you guys feel about the Liu Kang MU? I'd say 6-4 for Liu.

Sorry if i'm violating some rules here. (But it is a question...)

So I asked this in the Matuchup forum, but i'm not all to sure if it was a serious answer or not.

Id say its even. reptile fb allows him to get in, he doesnt need to zone lk at all

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM

Since Liu Kang can do a good job of outzoning Reptile, he has to get in, but when he does it gets rough for Liu, Reptile's oki game works on LK extremely well. I would say 5-5.

Since Liu Kang can do a good job of outzoning Reptile, he has to get in, but when he does it gets rough for Liu, Reptile's oki game works on LK extremely well. I would say 5-5.
I agree 5-5. Sometimes ill get in and blow him up, other times I get blown up. Seems like its all or nothing everytime I play this match.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk