What's new

Question Reptile Q and A Thread

Speaking of tournaments, anyone going to the one in Virginia on the 14th of April?

Last one I went to was Chicago heart, the one slips beat 16 bit in finals. I got top 8 though, woo!
Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

I have a question about armor. What frame does armor begins? lets say ex kartwheel from sonya (23 frames start up). Does the armor starts from frame 1? If so how come sometimes i can hit out of it. Is this one of those random things?

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I have a question about armor. What frame does armor begins? lets say ex kartwheel from sonya (23 frames start up). Does the armor starts from frame 1? If so how come sometimes i can hit out of it. Is this one of those random things?
I think its only for startup, but idk the actual frame data.

sent from Gotham City via the batcomputer

Seapeople

This one's for you
Has anybody noticed how ex elbow can stuff basically every wake up in certain situations?

The one setup I've tried is...321~elbow dash, NJP, ffb, 32~sfb, 32~elbow dash, *pause* ex elbow dash. If you time the ex elbow dash just right, the first hit of ex elbow whiffs straight through opponents' wakeups. The last hits of ex elbow will then hit your opponent out of the wakeup. It's kind of strange so it's really hard to explain. Wish I could record it right now.

So far, Kung Lao's spin is the only thing that stuffs ex elbow. A few moves like Raiden's superman will whiff to the other side of the screen. But overall, ex elbow stuffs the majority wakeup options.

This isn't anything groundbreaking, but it could be another tool to use sparingly. Does anyone care to try it out and give me your opinions?

It usually works like this i think. You dont really need to try to stuff it at all, it works as an offensive and defensive tool. You wait until they do the "get up animation" and if you do the dash and they wake up, then reptile would usually win. If they block the dash wiff, they still get pressure. Its useful in a lot of cases, I do it all the time

Seapeople

This one's for you
It usually works like this i think. You dont really need to try to stuff it at all, it works as an offensive and defensive tool. You wait until they do the "get up animation" and if you do the dash and they wake up, then reptile would usually win. If they block the dash wiff, they still get pressure. Its useful in a lot of cases, I do it all the time
What do you mean exactly? Sorry lol

Just wondering what other reptile players use to punish kano's up ball. I have a hard time doing any significant damage, what is your go to punish for it?

Offline is pretty easy considering the block stun of up ball is pretty long and its -12. To be honest I would just go for the dash then oki rather than risking 112 for a 1 frame punishment.

Offline is pretty easy considering the block stun of up ball is pretty long and its -12. To be honest I would just go for the dash then oki rather than risking 112 for a 1 frame punishment.
I'll try switching to that.

BTW, I hate playing kano. Haha....knife knife knife up ball

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
I know this question has probably been asked a million times, but how do you guys land 321 dash NJP? The NJP always whiffs, I've tried so many times but I can't do it. Any tips?

I know this question has probably been asked a million times, but how do you guys land 321 dash NJP? The NJP always whiffs, I've tried so many times but I can't do it. Any tips?
Practice... ALOT... when you get it down, do it on different TVs (including the laggy ones). Do it until you can do it on every tv you can find. Then practice hit confirm the 32, into 1 dash ect. And 321 into dash.
It wiffs it means that you are doing it too late. If the hit doesnt come out that means you are doing it too soon

McNasty

Moist.
I plink the NJP. Once you get it a couple times pay real close attention to how high you and the other character were off the ground when it hit. its a lot easier to judge by height and I really like what Salad said about trying it on different tvs.

What do you guys think about b1 as a footsie tool, I feel like its freaking amazing. Lower your hit box, has a longer range than d4, its pretty fast comparing to his other moves. I like it a lot

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
What do you guys think about b1 as a footsie tool, I feel like its freaking amazing. Lower your hit box, has a longer range than d4, its pretty fast comparing to his other moves. I like it a lot
I like it, just wish you could combo out of it lol.

sent from Gotham City via the batcomputer

b1ggle

Noob
Hello guys. I'm playing reptile for a half of year so for this time i collect some questions
1) About NJP BNB - why sometimes it comes like 37% and sometimes like 40% . Where i should correct my timing always to get 40% ?
2) next i want to know about b4 attack? is it useful and when?
3) how i can training my pokes to 32 combo? i get this link when opponent is jumping in practice, but in game i didn't understand how to catch them from JIP. maybe u can give me some advices about that
4) and last maybe strange question: can be invis wake up attack? i'm thinking about how i can use it. like when we have fullscreen and opponent throwing projectiles, i use invis like wake up to get some armor frames and a little bit confuse my opponent?