General/Other - Reptile Reptile Pre-Release General Discussions Thread

Are you hype for Reptile?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
I think this thread should be titled: "Your Blood Tastes Warm: Reptile General Discussion"

please tell me I wasn't the only person that heard him say that on stream mid match after his throw

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
If they leave his Flash trait the way it is, recharging every 3 seconds, that alone will make him godly.

I'm joining the clan if that remains untouched.

Zatoichi

Fabulous Goofball
At first I was annoyed that Reptile's variation's weren't that varied, but reading some of the posts here... I'm convinced that Reptile could possibly be one of the stronger characters out of the revealed cast.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I just reminisced for about an hour in the old q and a thread for mk9. Man I used to be such a scrub. #fromragstorichesgoml

lm Tweakk

#BuffAntiAirs
Don't know if someones said this already but yolo.

I think the ability to stop his force balls is going to be the most broken thing he's got.
1. His regular old "throw out a slow ball and rush tf down" is going to be even worse , because if you work them into the corner , and stop it just outside the corner. This seems like an opportunity for ex spit and pressure. And the worse thing is that both of those abilities are across all variations , add that stink shit or the slow down time thing , recipe for broken.
2. If your zoning your ass off , and they try to jump your force balls to get in , you can stop it and they'll jump right into it , elbow dash ( insert combo )

He's looking broken asf and I'm loving it.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Don't know if someones said this already but yolo.

I think the ability to stop his force balls is going to be the most broken thing he's got.
1. His regular old "throw out a slow ball and rush tf down" is going to be even worse , because if you work them into the corner , and stop it just outside the corner. This seems like an opportunity for ex spit and pressure. And the worse thing is that both of those abilities are across all variations , add that stink shit or the slow down time thing , recipe for broken.
2. If your zoning your ass off , and they try to jump your force balls to get in , you can stop it and they'll jump right into it , elbow dash ( insert combo )

He's looking broken asf and I'm loving it.
Nah there will be too many telepoets and armor for that to be that effective. Especially for two bars when there are only 3

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Imo his new ex fb traits are good but his ability to cancel and charge his ex fbs in mk9 was more useful..
Being able to bait jumping over a fb is useful but yiu could already Punish those jump overs by dashing and and anti airing and or using ex ffb and spit.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Umm did they just show reptile's actual death in the game at the hands of the douche arrow boy? It seemed too cinematic for it to be a fatality

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Nah there will be too many telepoets and armor for that to be that effective. Especially for two bars when there are only 3
Plus I think the corner trapping in general in this game won't be as bad as MK 9 not nearly as bad lol because of the meter burn corner escape, I believe it gives the guy armor on escape probably more useful in a situation like Reptile corner control so he can't keep you there the whole time, that and as you said ex teleports with armor should help that.

Atriox

Here... I am a god!
Umm did they just show reptile's actual death in the game at the hands of the douche arrow boy? It seemed too cinematic for it to be a fatality
Nah it's his fatality. We saw x-rays and other gameplay elements in the trailer, why not also show a fatality? Also, there's no way they would spoil a story death just like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.