What's new

Match-up Discussion Reptile Matchup Discussion Thread

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
Reptile vs Opponent
Scorpion: 6-4
Liu Kang: 5-5 (THTB said 4-6, but we agreed on 5-5 when he had go to for a little bit lol.)
Kung Lao: 4-6
Sub Zero: 5-5
Sindel: 6-4
Ermac: 5-5
Kitana: 6-4
Cage: I think it was 5-5, that one is left blank.
Jade: 6-4
Mileena: 5-5
Nightwolf: 6-4
Cyrax: 4-6
Noob: 5-5
Smoke: 5-5
Sektor: 5-5
Sonya: 3-7 (Sonya can really put it on ya.)
Jax: 5-5
Kano: 6-4
Stryker: 7-3
Shang Tsung: 5-5
Baraka: 6-4
Kuh Bawl: 4-6
Raiden: 5-5
CSZ: 5-5
Sheeva: 7-3
Quan Chi: 5-5
Skarlet: I have this one left blank.
Kenshi: 5-5
Rain: 5-5 or 6-4, I wrote both down
Freddy: 4-6

THTB Joker8417 @ChrispyCream Cossner

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Reptile vs Opponent
Scorpion: 6-4
Liu Kang: 5-5 (THTB said 4-6, but we agreed on 5-5 when he had go to for a little bit lol.)
Kung Lao: 4-6
Sub Zero: 5-5
Sindel: 6-4
Ermac: 5-5
Kitana: 6-4
Cage: I think it was 5-5, that one is left blank.
Jade: 6-4
Mileena: 5-5
Nightwolf: 6-4
Cyrax: 4-6
Noob: 6-4 (THTB says 5-5)
Smoke: 5-5
Sektor: 5-5
Sonya: 3-7 (Sonya can really put it on ya.)
Jax: 5-5
Kano: 6-4
Stryker: 7-3
Shang Tsung: 5-5
Baraka: 6-4
Kuh Bawl: 4-6
Raiden: 5-5
CSZ: 5-5
Sheeva: 7-3
Quan Chi: 5-5
Skarlet: I have this one left blank.
Kenshi: 5-5
Rain: 5-5 or 6-4, I wrote both down
Freddy: 4-6

THTB Joker8417 @ChrispyCream Cossner
I also said noon was 5-5, but alas Reptile players are naive. However this looked about like what we discussed. We did however say Cyrax was 4-6

CitizenSnips

A seldom used crab named Lucky. AKA Citizen Snips.
I think Reptile loses to Liu Kang slightly, but 5-5 is fine. I also think he loses to Cage and Mileena. Maybe favored a bit over Kenshi.

IMO he does well against mileena. It's kind of a luck thing though, depending on how her hit box is during rolls. standing 1 enffb is an excellent way to punish her naked teleport. I feel like i can lame LK out with slow FB usually. They always seem to try to jump over it and i do an air to air punch onto the forceball lol. kenshi is hard to get in on because you can't really zone him regularly because of his reflect, and his charge is so good.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
no way cage is 5-5 no way no way no way
It's definitely not.

Because Reptile's zoning doesn't keep anyone out forever, and is basically designed to set up offensive momentum, Cage will be in on you, and he's too fast frame-wise for Reptile to deal with without dashing. Fortunately, Cage still has to trek through forceballs, which gives you your spots to play.

Seapeople

This one's for you
I've been grinding this match out so much that I could see it being 5-5, but I'm definitely still leaning more toward 4-6.
It could be good to get Showtime and MITDJT opinions on the matchup chart since I don't think they were involved in this one.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Nobody wants to believe this, though. :/

It's just like everyone was/is with Cage.
I would honestly say it were Liu Kang advantage if Reptile didn't rape him so hard on knockdown, and if it weren't so easy for Reptile to get a knockdown. However for these two reasons alone I just have trouble being convinced.

CitizenSnips

A seldom used crab named Lucky. AKA Citizen Snips.
I must be bad against Cage because ever since EVO2011 I thought Reptile loses to Cage. And this was when Reptile supposedly beat him 7-3. The gameplan against Cage is simple but it's hard to actually keep a good Cage out for a long time and once he gets in your face he has a huge advantage.