What's new

Match-up Discussion Reptile Matchup Discussion Thread

Ok guys, I'm at a loss. I just lost like 12 games to a Liu kang player. He's very good but I was desperately trying to get around his zoning. It was infuriating. Wtf am I suppose to do? I was very patient tried dash blocking/walking in, armoring in, I tried noticing a pattern etc. Once I finally did get in random b3 all the way to the corner. Am I missing something?

THTB
CitizenSnips
Showtime
MITDJT
And sorry everyone else I forget your tym names...Chongo seapeople and the likes

#IamMuffinMuggers

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
Ok guys, I'm at a loss. I just lost like 12 games to a Liu kang player. He's very good but I was desperately trying to get around his zoning. It was infuriating. Wtf am I suppose to do? I was very patient tried dash blocking/walking in, armoring in, I tried noticing a pattern etc. Once I finally did get in random b3 all the way to the corner. Am I missing something?

THTB
CitizenSnips
Showtime
And sorry everyone else I forget your tym names...Chongo seapeople and the likes

#IamMuffinMuggers
I usually try to throw out a projectile of my own to either buy myself a tiny bit of time to get in, or to throw another one out to try the first part again.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM

THTB
CitizenSnips
Showtime

#IamMuffinMuggers
One move, ex slide. Seriously, if you use it right on Liu its your best tool to get in.
#IamMuffinMuggers

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

ggs bone. nice to finally play you again. tough patterns to figure out and unique style blended with offline knowledge. i like it.

your raiden is no joke dude!

peace, and thanks for letting me know about the new site.
Yeah...I caught him a few times. I just feel like this is a hard match for reppy. I legit have more trouble with really good kangs than sonyas. I played death early and i took.a few games a against his Sonya, I didn't feel helpless at least. Most lius I can get around but there are a few players who got my number.

#IamMuffinMuggers

Yeah...I caught him a few times. I just feel like this is a hard match for reppy. I legit have more trouble with really good kangs than sonyas. I played death early and i took.a few games a against his Sonya, I didn't feel helpless at least. Most lius I can get around but there are a few players who got my number.

#IamMuffinMuggers
LOL you caught a funny post to quote

THTB
CitizenSnips
Showtime
MITDJT

#IamMuffinMuggers
this mu is definitely 6 4 kang so you are at a disadvantage. From my massive experience playing liu with reptile, it's going to take some very good reads and patience. I'd try to get some trade offs vs him with acid spits. Forceballs are almost completely shut down, but if you gain a knock down then you can make use of them more effectively. For the footsies game, try to get him to whiff something and punish with elbow dash/ use d4 in footsies as well. If he gets close, best poke to get out is d3, can dash but very risky of course. B3 is def not that easy to deal with since it is safe and has great distance, so you got to make the liu whiff b3,1,2 and punish accordingly. Try and save your meter/ use it wisely and an ex slide can be used if necessary to close the distance on liu. You definitely want to push him to the corner so you can go to work on him and be careful with doing ex dash, liu can punish it for a full combo with his standing 2,1,3 or just poke it. For iafbs, it's going to be like kabal, dash block your way in and use some forceballs to get him out the air.

Seapeople

This one's for you
Why does a conversation from Check and Krayzie from years ago keep getting accidentally quoted somehow? I remember this has happened before lol.

Which is why I said when used RIGHT, learn the range on your specials brother lol. Slow ex fbs are also effective.
I'm aware of its distance, thats why I said it whiffs. Lieu doesn't stand still to zone me out he is backing away to avoid ex slide. It's not a computer it's a living opponent who knows what my options are lol

this mu is definitely 6 4 kang so you are at a disadvantage. From my massive experience playing liu with reptile, it's going to take some very good reads and patience. I'd try to get some trade offs vs him with acid spits. Forceballs are almost completely shut down, but if you gain a knock down then you can make use of them more effectively. For the footsies game, try to get him to whiff something and punish with elbow dash/ use d4 in footsies as well. If he gets close, best poke to get out is d3, can dash but very risky of course. B3 is def not that easy to deal with since it is safe and has great distance, so you got to make the liu whiff b3,1,2 and punish accordingly. Try and save your meter/ use it wisely and an ex slide can be used if necessary to close the distance on liu. You definitely want to push him to the corner so you can go to work on him and be careful with doing ex dash, liu can punish it for a full combo with his standing 2,1,3 or just poke it. For iafbs, it's going to be like kabal, dash block your way in and use some forceballs to get him out the air.
thanks man, thought I was crazy having such a hard time. Thanks for the helpful post.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I'm aware of its distance, thats why I said it whiffs. Lieu doesn't stand still to zone me out he is backing away to avoid ex slide. It's not a computer it's a living opponent who knows what my options are lol
I was joking dude just relax, and clearly if you are making it whiff you aren't using it right lol. You make it sound like all I do is sit around and play arcade mode all day.

I was joking dude just relax, and clearly if you are making it whiff you aren't using it right lol. You make it sound like all I do is sit around and play arcade mode all day.

Unrussle your jimmies. I wasn't implying anything brosephus. Just discussing what u said. You implied ex slide was the answer, I was pointing out the flaw
#IamMuffinMuggers

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Unrussle your jimmies. I wasn't implying anything brosephus. Just discussing what u said. You implied ex slide was the answer, I was pointing out the flaw
#IamMuffinMuggers
I'm cool dude no worries. I didn't say it was the only answer, but other than ex adv it is prett much your best option, if you are making it whiff the the flaw is lying in your gameplan is all I'm saying brah.

Edit: let me put it this way, however you getting on kabal is how you get in on Liu, except slide is a bigger factor because you don't have to worry about ex nd.

CitizenSnips

A seldom used crab named Lucky. AKA Citizen Snips.
Yeah I've always found it difficult to fight Liu Kang. You really need an acid ball on screen and if they are still iafb while it's there I would acid spit and if it knocks him down it could prevent him from doing anything depending on where the acid ball is, which will give you a second to elbow dash in for pressure (assuming Liu Kang has no meter).