What's new

Reptile General Discussion

Dolphin-Dive

Observer
Some more Darrius Kameo findings:

Darrius allows you to combo off of a back throw in the corner. Sadly, I couldn't get the overhead to come out after the initial Kameo kick, so no HTB setup after a back throw.
Fatal blow damage = 256.22

The HTB setup can be done with F32-Invisibility in the corner.
Force ball juggling puts them at an air height that gives enough time for a B2, I didn't time it well here but you can most likely get a meaty full charge.
Side Note: You can combo off of death roll with Darrius in the corner as well.

Last edited:
So I still can't find an answer anywhere: does anyone have any clue what EX invisibility does? I'm really curious if it's possible that it's bugged. I feel like we'd be having different convos about Reptile if he could go invisible easily and stay invisible.

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
So I still can't find an answer anywhere: does anyone have any clue what EX invisibility does? I'm really curious if it's possible that it's bugged. I feel like we'd be having different convos about Reptile if he could go invisible easily and stay invisible.
I can say confidently that it has no difference on startup frames, nor any difference in how much it takes to actually go invisible AND it also doesn't stay on for longer. I didn't test if the ex version can take a (blocked?) hit while it is activating and still go invisible afterwards - if it doesn't, then there is absolutely no difference between the EX version and the regular version...

I can say confidently that it has no difference on startup frames, nor any difference in how much it takes to actually go invisible AND it also doesn't stay on for longer. I didn't test if the ex version can take a (blocked?) hit while it is activating and still go invisible afterwards - if it doesn't, then there is absolutely no difference between the EX version and the regular version...
Yeah I tested all that stuff too. I can get in practice mode later and see if maybe it can take a blocked hit like you're saying.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
I haven't really dug into this character yet but you can just do a Sub or Frost freeze into invisibility into F23 or whatever combo following up with an invisible mixup.

Edit: Finding you have to sacrifice around 50 damage to achieve this Sub into invisibility tho, but you can try hitting Sub freeze later for better uptime. Someone will find something worthwhile

I am super curious about this EX invisibility mystery. They do appear to have the same timings and everything

Last edited:

Zviko

Noob
I haven’t properly added invisibility to my gameplan yet simply because of how it works - it takes long to turn and goes away even on block. This setup is supposed to be convenient in a way you gain 10-30% extra damage depending on the mix route you take and actually get a hit. But in Reptile's case, it's a question will you even get a chance to apply the mix while invisible. Also the throw option is instantly not worth it considering you are sacrificing the throw amount of damage already to become invisible. So it's only between low and a very slow and most probably still rectable by sound overhead.

I think Cyrax is going to be a really strong Kameo, and he definitely can do a lot for Reptile.

I rarely use meter with Reptile, so 2bars for a throw pop up is very useful, especially when you can turn reptile into a pressure monster with the neutral Kameo. It also controls neutral well, and ending combos in neutral kameo and elbow dash can switch sides and mess up the opponents inputs. Really interesting stuff. Wanna see if the chest bomb can be useful, but gotta wake up early.

Zviko

Noob
if you end combos with f32~invisibility, you can follow up with (dash up) b313~ENbf2, that will do 5 hits, is safe and by the end of it you will be fully invisible. and of course you can cut the sequence short at any point to confuse your opponent and get that mixup.
Yeah but that is if they respect it and block on wake up which they rarely do especially if you end it with invisibility. That means they either press, wake up with armor, jump etc which means you have to block, which also means invisibility doesn’t apply/goes away which means you wasted at least 10% damage for nothing.

Yeah but that is if they respect it and block on wake up which they rarely do especially if you end it with invisibility. That means they either press, wake up with armor, jump etc which means you have to block, which also means invisibility doesn’t apply/goes away which means you wasted at least 10% damage for nothing.
that setup is guaranteed, so all you have to fear is armored wakeup. baiting that for punishment is just as good as damage from an invisibility setup.

I’ve been using sub zero. It guarantees the freeze mid combo and even adds a little damage. Gives you one mix up but you obviously still have to deal with delay wake up, armor, etc without any kameo to cover

he’s fun but definitely weaker than 90% of the kast. I don’t think he really has a best kameo yet.. Stryker, cyrax , subzero, goro all have different uses

GrandMasterson

The Netherrealm beckons
So if your opponent blocks F211 (or F311) while crouch blocking, they're jailed standing afterwards which means they have to respect a high hitting kameo followup like Kano knives. In the case of Kano knives, it frametraps them into respecting another high followup like F3.

Skybox

Noob
I'm hoping to find enough to warrant a short video.

But after about 200 matches I'm exploring other characters.

Though I have no problem with difficult to use or (way to early to say) low tier characters. I don't feel like there's enough meat here to get addicted to the game presently.
Keep maining reptile for now, and you'll be a beast when he gets buffed

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
Do you guys have any match footage from him? I'm considering getting back to him but I played lots of matches and didnt figure out HOW to make him useful. Using Baraka and Cyrax makes Reptile look like a joke. Everything is safe and does 15%+ chip damage, builds bar and, if it HITS, 39% damage minimum. Meanwhile, I was hitting for 33%ish damage off of unsafe as fuck strings with Reptile, and had to basically ALWAYS have a rocket from sektor ready, or eat 40% from whatever character I was facing.

Help a dumb lizard fan out!

Syzoth

The last Saurian from Zaterra - Syzoth - Reptile
Do you guys have any match footage from him? I'm considering getting back to him but I played lots of matches and didnt figure out HOW to make him useful. Using Baraka and Cyrax makes Reptile look like a joke. Everything is safe and does 15%+ chip damage, builds bar and, if it HITS, 39% damage minimum. Meanwhile, I was hitting for 33%ish damage off of unsafe as fuck strings with Reptile, and had to basically ALWAYS have a rocket from sektor ready, or eat 40% from whatever character I was facing.

Help a dumb lizard fan out!
Regardless of footage if you compare Baraka to Reptile you're gonna find one of these things is not like the other.

Spoobs

Noob
So Reptile's F3,2 can cencel into stolen Shujinko moves. Haven't messed with him too much yet but I think there could be some fun stuff there. You can easily charge Shujinko during a combo too.

Hey can anyone confirm that EX invisibility makes it absorb one hit before going away?
I'm told regular goes away on first hit and EX invisibility makes it go away on second hit or delay the loss of it.
I'm not sure, my system broke and I'm buying the game today for PlayStation.

Zviko

Noob
Hey can anyone confirm that EX invisibility makes it absorb one hit before going away?
I'm told regular goes away on first hit and EX invisibility makes it go away on second hit or delay the loss of it.
I'm not sure, my system broke and I'm buying the game today for PlayStation.
Lies. Both go away the first strike you block.