What's new

Reptile General Discussion

Dolphin-Dive

Observer
With the new Invasions/Homelander patch Reptile's damage on S3 combos has apparently been nerfed. Can't say I understand the logic behind this change, especially when they don't formally announce it in the patch notes. I guess they somehow expected us to not notice this? Strange.

With the new Invasions/Homelander patch Reptile's damage on S3 combos has apparently been nerfed. Can't say I understand the logic behind this change, especially when they don't formally announce it in the patch notes. I guess they somehow expected us to not notice this? Strange.
WHY!? Why buff a low tier character just to nerf him next patch? And yet cyrax gets buffed back to day 1? How is that fair?

Dolphin-Dive

Observer
WHY!? Why buff a low tier character just to nerf him next patch? And yet cyrax gets buffed back to day 1? How is that fair?
Maybe it's because he's been doing so well in majors (sarcasm), can't let Reptile make it into any top 8s, heavens no! Or maybe they just wanted to kick him while he's down, lol, couldn't tell you why.

Okay, now am I just bad, or did the patch make reptile's corner 114 optimal impossible? The honeybee one or 114~1~23~2 forceball, far forceball, jump 12 db4.

Dolphin-Dive

Observer
Okay, now am I just bad, or did the patch make reptile's corner 114 optimal impossible? The honeybee one or 114~1~23~2 forceball, far forceball, jump 12 db4.
Are you labbing against Homelander? Because it drops on him, haven't had any issues with it working on the rest of the cast. I believe the reason it drops has something to do with him "Floating" in comparison to the rest of the cast.

Are you labbing against Homelander? Because it drops on him, haven't had any issues with it working on the rest of the cast. I believe the reason it drops has something to do with him "Floating" in comparison to the rest of the cast.
That's probably it then lol. I had practice with Homelander to try him, and Reptile to test the nerfs. Thanks!

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
Cyrax is better than day 1. Cyrax's net didn't drain meter in the beginning. The current version is the best one lol. I'd like to know NRS's reasoning for this change haha.

Dolphin-Dive

Observer
Horizontal Kopter feels good with the MB FC cancel changes, don't know if I'd say Cyrax is one of Reptile's best Kameos now but it certainly feels more viable to play with the "Revert". Still bewildered by this dmg nerf, shoutout to NRS.

CanoCano

Noob
Probably mentioned already but its worth noting that if Horizontal Kopter hits in the same frame as the second hit of BF2, you can link out of it and it leads to good damage, again it's frame perfect tho

Hollup, I think his damage overall is worse. I swear my meterless bnb that did 375 is not doing 350.
What combo exactly are you talking about,that dmg drop off sounds a bit excesive compared to what i tested.
My motaro bnb does 426 instead of 431,not that big of s deal,other combos are also in that ball park,old solo optimal for a bar does 391 instead of 400.

SnowboardRX

^ You have no idea who this guy is ^
Yeah, I'm more pissed about the damage nerf because they tried to "sneak" it through without making any mention of it in their notes and have been completely quiet about it on social media when everyone is asking about it. The silence is deafening.
Like, NRS, if you're going to nerf my character, at least have the decency to tell me it's happening on purpose.
It's ok, 1 more month-ish until my actual main comes out (Takeda), then they can do whatever they want with Reptile.

Dolphin-Dive

Observer
Their communication in general for MK1 has left a lot to be desired. There's no excuse for not documenting any form of change for a character, I don't care if it's 1% less overall damage or one less frame of advantage on a random normal, it needs to be revealed in the patch notes.