What's new

Question - Reptile Reptile - General Discussion - Do any matchups favor deceptive?

Sounds like you are overhyping for your favorite character. I'm yet to see what makes Reptile so good. Specially with the Nimble trait, which is so easily cancelled .

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
Sounds like you are overhyping for your favorite character. I'm yet to see what makes Reptile so good. Specially with the Nimble trait, which is so easily cancelled .
He literally can do everything. He can zone, he has great normals, 2 good armored ex moves, and good mixups. Slow down needs to be set up to be effective. You can't just throw it out ,and expect people to be scared. From what I've seen, the ex version seems to be the only one worth using. He gets instant corner carry, when it's comboed into, and in the corner he gets 45% 1 bar, and if its set up, he gets 40% off of a 50/50.

Elitper

casual fighter
I personally found the slow down to be very easily interrupted by any opponent with half a brain. Also, I fucking hate what they did to his forceballs. He can only combo with them on the corner and ONCE. He's definitely a worse character than he was in MK9. By how much only time will tell.
To be fair, i dont really think reptiles game revolves around the forceballs, i ussely just knock them up with all his other tools and follow up with forward 1,2,2+3 and ex it for higher damage if needed,

keep in mind you can use 1,2,2+3 on every single of his knock up or ground bounces, some require run ussage wich can be tricky but none of them are extremely hard.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
He literally can do everything. He can zone, he has great normals, 2 good armored ex moves, and good mixups. Slow down needs to be set up to be effective. You can't just throw it out ,and expect people to be scared. From what I've seen, the ex version seems to be the only one worth using. He gets instant corner carry, when it's comboed into, and in the corner he gets 45% 1 bar, and if its set up, he gets 40% off of a 50/50.
This. And this isn't including the fact that basilisk essentially grants approximately 5 more frames of advantage for everything, and has some hilariously armor-break setups.

@General M2Dave can tell you how stupid it is lol.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
I'm still messing around with his variations a lot, but I'm finding nimble to be my favorite. being still new to the game I find it difficult hit confirming f412 into ex slomo, and dear God is f412 ex slomo slide the tightest window I've ever seen in this game lol

slowmo slide? i thought his ex slide is super fast o.0

M2Dave

Zoning Master
One of repriles greatest strength was his very formidable zoning. They stripped that from him and gave him a 50/50 instead.. IMo that was a huge mistake.
Reptile's zoning was honestly never anything special. In Mortal Kombat 9 and the 3D games at least.

@General M2Dave can tell you how stupid it is lol.
Reptile, in general, seems like a very strong character to me. He has one of best punishing move in the game, very good footsies, and probably the fastest overhead in the game. I guess the only bad thing is that b+3 xx EX slash is punishable. Good players will eventually catch on and start punishing it on block very time.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Reptile's zoning was honestly never anything special. In Mortal Kombat 9 and the 3D games at least.

Reptile, in general, seems like a very strong character to me. He has one of best punishing move in the game, very good footsies, and probably the fastest overhead in the game. I guess the only bad thing is that b+3 xx EX slash is punishable. Good players will eventually catch on and start punishing it on block very time.
He had very good zoning. Just because he didn't have Freddy esque zoning doesn't mean it wasn't good. One of the few characters that made kabal come to him

Deadly Torcher

King Dingaling
I loved & mained Reptile in MK9 just because of his 123 ed njp combos & his invis set ups, I've seen nothing to make me want to main him in MKX, he seems dull. I do like his ex slow mo tho but the timing in to the slide is tough offline in the lab, so online it would be near impossible for me.

So far he's not great for me but I'll change my mind if I see some1 post some doable high damage combos without ex slow mo.

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
Soooo.....trying to nimble anything anti zoning is useless.

Played against a Cybernetic Kano that let'er rip with mid knives, couldn't do jack shit.

The only solution to this was to ex-dash his ass down and then start the wakeup insanity.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
Soooo.....trying to nimble anything anti zoning is useless.

Played against a Cybernetic Kano that let'er rip with mid knives, couldn't do jack shit.

The only solution to this was to ex-dash his ass down and then start the wakeup insanity.

so reptile is bad at dealing with zonging?

learis1

Guardian Cadet
Everyone's showing combos starting from his overheads. Does he do any decent damage from his lows (meterless and metered)?

JDM

Noob
Can you explain more in depth? I haven't been able to play much so I only know the basic shit with Reptile right now. What's the optimal corner combo for slow and what do you mean 40 percent off of 50/50?

pls halp

Also MKX reptile is far superior to MK9 reptile I'm surprised anyone thinks the opposite.

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
Also, just spam the crap out of b34 NON STOP.
That would fix everyone trying to ANYTHING when you go for the overheads.

I love it.