What's new

Question - Reptile Reptile - General Discussion - Do any matchups favor deceptive?

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
so what can i do off any of reptile's lows, what are my best BnBs for damage/setting up pressure, and how good is he overall

he feels really solid tbh, i'm glad his variations aren't some game-changing wonky shit that leaves him feeling incomplete in all of them. fun as hell too
I usually go for F3 or B3 xx EX Claw into whatever combo of your choice. IMO he's top 5 material.

Reactions: RYX

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
I've been messing around with cancelling into regular Basilisk off of F412 for a set-up. From what I've seen so far. It's more effective against some characters than others. A better set up seems to be in the corner F412 xx whiff dash, F412 xx EX Basilisk. IMO slow down is what we should be going for in the corner as he gets around 40% off of his 50/50 with it.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
One of repriles greatest strength was his very formidable zoning. They stripped that from him and gave him a 50/50 instead.. IMo that was a huge mistake.
And some good normals, along with faster frame data. And forceball is useful still.

THTB

Better normals seems like a universal buff.. and what do you mean faster? Eveything he had was made slower
He actually has an 8f mid. Though, relatively speaking, that's not saying much (does lead to 30% meterless, though). Also, faster d4 (plus on block, too), f2 was made faster and safer, and given a better string, slide's faster. A lot of the stuff he had in MK9 would be pretty fucking dumb here with the new stuff he has, including the forceball game he had.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
He actually has an 8f mid. Though, relatively speaking, that's not saying much (does lead to 30% meterless, though). Also, faster d4 (plus on block, too), f2 was made faster and safer, and given a better string, slide's faster. A lot of the stuff he had in MK9 would be pretty fucking dumb here with the new stuff he has, including the forceball game he had.
Yea but faster strings are universal buffs. Almost all characters have something like that.. His speed got nerfed where it matters imo..

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
I'm not saying he's trash. Just not what I expected and not as good as mk9. Doesn't mean it's a bad thing just different

THTB

Yea but faster strings are universal buffs. Almost all characters have something like that.. His speed got nerfed where it matters imo..
It's a new game, that doesn't play like the old one in most respects, tbh. I think he's quite a deal better here, but not for those same reasons he was good in MK9.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
It's a new game, that doesn't play like the old one in most respects, tbh. I think he's quite a deal better here, but not for those same reasons he was good in MK9.
I guess we'll just have to see who turns out to be right

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
Nimble is completly balanced for 2 reasons.

#1 You can't block while in Nimble slow down state.

#2 damage per hit is scaled significantly. For example regular uppercuts for all characters does 14% damage. Reptile in his Nimble state only does 11% damage. You get the idea.

So ya, it's blanced.

PsychoShot

@imashbuttons
I think it's just the advantage that the slow down offers that really sets it off, maybe not necessarily the combo potential.

I personally found the slow down to be very easily interrupted by any opponent with half a brain. Also, I fucking hate what they did to his forceballs. He can only combo with them on the corner and ONCE. He's definitely a worse character than he was in MK9. By how much only time will tell.

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
I personally found the slow down to be very easily interrupted by any opponent with half a brain. Also, I fucking hate what they did to his forceballs. He can only combo with them on the corner and ONCE. He's definitely a worse character than he was in MK9. By how much only time will tell.
That's not entirely true. He can 12-Fast Forceball mid-screen and get nearly a 30% combo that ends in a hard knockdown...and for no meter.

Reptile doesn't need to combo with Forceballs this time around be cause he has many other options.

That's not entirely true. He can 12-Fast Forceball mid-screen and get nearly a 30% combo that ends in a hard knockdown...and for no meter.

Reptile doesn't need to combo with Forceballs this time around be cause he has many other options.
That's honestly shit compared to what Reptile could do with forceball juggles in MK9. And those were faster on startup. Granted that now you can stop them in the air but meh. And guess what: the entire roster also has many other options than their MK9 counterparts - the difference is that many characters have 45% midscreen meterless combos while STILL having a load of different options as well, while the lizard is stuck with 30% midscreen meterless combos. He definitely needed to be able to combo with forceballs to compensate for his subpar damage and normals.

THTB

That's honestly shit compared to what Reptile could do with forceball juggles in MK9. And those were faster on startup. Granted that now you can stop them in the air but meh. And guess what: the entire roster also has many other options than their MK9 counterparts - the difference is that many characters have 45% midscreen meterless combos while STILL having a load of different options as well, while the lizard is stuck with 30% midscreen meterless combos. He definitely needed to be able to combo with forceballs to compensate for his subpar damage and normals.
No he doesn't. Even if he could, the scaling is awful.

But I've been playing vs comp here with Nimble Reptile. Trust me, if he had more meterless damage, he'd be too good. This character is nuts, like it's ridiculous. And Nimble is absurd.