What's new

Reo's MK 11 Tier list

Shirakani

BBQ on Scorpion's head
The fact that so many characters have 'ideal' moves which are currently not in tourney legal variations speaks volumes for the (lack of) balancing in this game. The fact that they are deliberately gimping some characters via these tourney legal variations speaks volumes.

I'll never get off the train that says custom variations should be fully tourney legal... Its absolutely moronic to even think that its ok to BALANCE characters for the competitive scene by simply disallowing moves. If a move is 'too good' then ok nerf it to be fair.... if a move is NOT GOOD ENOUGH then hey... there's this thing called BUFFS!

According to Reo's tier list here, Scorpion and Sub-Zero are top tier... I totally utterly disagree. I'd agree they were top tier if they were allowed their best moves though... and everyone else who isn't up to that standard should have their moves buffed until they are.

I mean FFS can you imagine a match between Sub and Scorp if Sub were allowed Rising Ice+Ground Ice and Scorp was allowed Misery Blade+Demon Dash? The mixups would be insane to watch. But instead of allowing that to happen, we get these completely halfassed 'competitive' presets while forever wondering 'oh if X were allowed Y...'.

Biggest load of shit ever IMO.

Corruption100

Plus Frame Enjoyer
Not gonna lie. Nrs already did some balancing with jax and dvorah. Itd be interesting to see what they do when we do have true tiers. Im still not fond of jaxs arthritic ground pound being a low instead of unblockable. Im sure wel get alot of complaints when the first balance patch rolls through. Its inevitable

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
The fact that so many characters have 'ideal' moves which are currently not in tourney legal variations speaks volumes for the (lack of) balancing in this game. The fact that they are deliberately gimping some characters via these tourney legal variations speaks volumes.

I'll never get off the train that says custom variations should be fully tourney legal... Its absolutely moronic to even think that its ok to BALANCE characters for the competitive scene by simply disallowing moves. If a move is 'too good' then ok nerf it to be fair.... if a move is NOT GOOD ENOUGH then hey... there's this thing called BUFFS!

According to Reo's tier list here, Scorpion and Sub-Zero are top tier... I totally utterly disagree. I'd agree they were top tier if they were allowed their best moves though... and everyone else who isn't up to that standard should have their moves buffed until they are.

I mean FFS can you imagine a match between Sub and Scorp if Sub were allowed Rising Ice+Ground Ice and Scorp was allowed Misery Blade+Demon Dash? The mixups would be insane to watch. But instead of allowing that to happen, we get these completely halfassed 'competitive' presets while forever wondering 'oh if X were allowed Y...'.

Biggest load of shit ever IMO.
He may not get misery blade or demon dash but both of Scorpion’s tournament loadouts are good. I haven’t had a lot of time to play, but Searing Rage gives him huge damage and the F32 string which is a badass whiff punisher, deathspin with the buff up gives Scorpion a high damaging ender. I agree that a lot of the characters are gimped but in the context of the competitive variations there’s no reason why Scorpion wouldn’t be one of the better ones

Wigy

There it is...
He may not get misery blade or demon dash but both of Scorpion’s tournament loadouts are good. I haven’t had a lot of time to play, but Searing Rage gives him huge damage and the F32 string which is a badass whiff punisher, deathspin with the buff up gives Scorpion a high damaging ender. I agree that a lot of the characters are gimped but in the context of the competitive variations there’s no reason why Scorpion wouldn’t be one of the better ones
I mean Johnny's other variation you're just taking 3 slots that replace preexisting base moves, all of which are worse than the base moves (minus the flip kick) other variation gets 3 news moves.

Shao Khan has a 120 recovery taunt that has a debuff which lasts a few seconds in one of his tournament variationss

They must be smoking some blue whale sized joints at NRS

Shirakani

BBQ on Scorpion's head
Oh he's definitely better than some of the boneheaded choices NRS have made for other characters, I agree... But my point overall is why in the hell can't EVERYONE be allowed their current OPTIMAL loadouts?

"If I had X I would have won!"
"If I had X I wouldn't have gotten hit with your Y!"

Restricting characters in the way they are now doesn't make for conclusive victories. Someone will always pull the "If" card, and they'd have every right to. If everyone were allowed their current best moves, it would leave no doubt at the very end as to who's superior. Isn't that the point of having tournaments in the first place? To see who's best?

The way things are run now, we'll never know... 'Best' within specific parameters is never conclusive. It's only relative to within that framework.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
All I can think is "how different would life and this tier list be if, before every fight, you just choose your three (or two) special moves, like you're making a Marvel team, instead of these mostly goofed like oof variations?"

Shoutouts to REO for still putting in all the work like he does.

I hope Yo-Yo Scorpion stays solid after the eventual rebalancing deluge. You guys can keep your damned to a terrible fate Telepunch.

Sub's gonna end up getting nerfed to Wimp Lo From "Kung Pow! Enter The Fist" Tier, just because.

Erron Black looks as insane as ever.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
lol.... his bottom tier looks suspect ... Dragon is going to grand Finals evey time with Cetrion and Fox is hardly loosing around with Erron Black and Chriss G will auto top 8 with Noob....just saying.

D

Deleted member 35141

lol.... his bottom tier looks suspect ... Dragon is going to grand Finals evey time with Cetrion and Fox is hardly loosing around with Erron Black and Chriss G will auto top 8 with Noob....just saying.
The thumbnail is a troll not the actual list

NothingPersonal

Are you not entertained!?
The only thing I think should change is the damage output on the high tiers. Geras, erron, Sonya, Noob, Baraka, Scorpion to some degree do ridiculous damage just by touching you. They have really easy krushing blows that lead to ridiculous damage. I don't mind the rest of their gameplay. I think they're fairly good basic designs.
As for the low tier I don't really care except my man Shao Kahn :D What Reo proposes for the hammer to be + and the buffs to actually recover before the round ends is good. I'd also like to see some dvantage increase on block. Most of them are -7 without pushback, specials are mostly unsafe, some strings don't cancel into anything and are below +5 on hit wtf?! I think he should have more pushback on some of his moves, they can remain the way they are on block. Or give his Annihilation move pushback and safe on block so the variation that has the move is a ranged variation and give the up hammer +1 on block so that variation is a rushdoawn variation.
Oh yeah, other thing - either remove all gaps in the game, or give all characters string gaps. Why does Shao Kahn have to die from flawless blocks while being unsafe on mostly everything and Geras do 40% from one safe touch without having gaps is beyond me.

Shirakani

BBQ on Scorpion's head
Scorpion
ridiculous damage
Sorry, but what the absolute hell?!

Scorpion WITH TWO METER BURNS barely BARELY scrapes 35% if even that... while Erron, Geras, Noob and Sonya reach over 30% with ONE meter burn! If anything, Scorpion needs some of his damage scaling (ESPECIALLY on the amped spear) slightly reduced just to be fair!

Of course this isn't factoring in KB's... but even if we did factor in KB's the above statement still stands... just add 10-15%.

NothingPersonal

Are you not entertained!?

Scorpion WITH TWO METER BURNS barely BARELY scrapes 35% if even that... while Erron, Geras, Noob and Sonya reach over 30% with ONE meter burn! If anything, Scorpion needs some of his damage scaling (ESPECIALLY on the amped spear) slightly reduced just to be fair!

Of course this isn't factoring in KB's... but even if we did factor in KB's the above statement still stands... just add 10-15%.
Yeah, some scaling would do.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room

Idiotic posts like yours is why almost all the top players don't post on this site. I can't imagine how you can be so ignorant.

10 mins in practice mode and you can do a 40% combo with 2 bars. Hell, I labbed his damage after watching shady drop a combo that did 40% before he finished.

plz don't post anymore if you're completely unaware of what's happening in the game.

Shirakani

BBQ on Scorpion's head
Idiotic posts like yours is why almost all the top players don't post on this site. I can't imagine how you can be so ignorant.

10 mins in practice mode and you can do a 40% combo with 2 bars. Hell, I labbed his damage after watching shady drop a combo that did 40% before he finished.

plz don't post anymore if you're completely unaware of what's happening in the game.
HIs damage WITHOUT BS doesn't reach that high. Additionally we shouldn't be measuring character damage by including buffed states. Otherwise that should be the norm across the board.

Undeniably he's become this celebrity status that I disagree with because he's now impossible to actually sit down and chat with anymore.
At the same time I urge you against talking down at people like you just have.
It's unjustified, and does not win you anyone's sympathy in this community.
Yo no joke, read your posts out loud two days from now to a friend. I think you have a serious irrational problem man.

Yikes

is frost actually that trash? those long range attacks annoyed the fuk outta me the first couple times I fought her, but I admittedly did not lab it. and her zoning seems annoying AF to go against
Imo is she lacks good fast mids/ poke follow ups . She's slow up close and her long range is space control isn't that strong. Her b22, her best normal puts her at a range she struggles at.

Shirakani

BBQ on Scorpion's head
Kotal Khan:
-Gets bodied in his own trailer
Consider that he gets his ass bodied by Takeda in MKX as well... its like who in the absolute hell made this guy Kahn? :D

I am so making 'Dope Wheelchair' my Kotal variation name :D

Last edited:

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
I don’t get how can Scorp be S tier?
All his strings are unsafe and even worse— have giant gaps that can be perfect blocked and you can’t cancel them to safety. He loses all tools when he has no meter meaning one use of breakaway gets him fucked. Teleport? Please.

Shirakani

BBQ on Scorpion's head
I don’t get how can Scorp be S tier?
All his strings are unsafe and even worse— have giant gaps that can be perfect blocked and you can’t cancel them to safety. He loses all tools when he has no meter meaning one use of breakaway gets him fucked. Teleport? Please.
My thoughts exactly. Some people think he's good coz of Burning Spear's buff and the fact you can stagger the Hellport amplify on block... They are decent options, but nowhere near 'S tier'... hell, nowhere even near A+ tier.

JDM

Noob
Few things I don't agree with.

1- Johnny is horribly slept on. I think surface level he seems mid to mid low tier, but once you actually start playing him, his amazing buttons, walkspeed, pokes, etc. really shine. I think he's very underrated in this list.

2- I think Kollector should be lower. Character doesn't seem very good, though I've only used the second variation which is admittedly trash compared to the first.

3- I think Noob is pretty overrated. He does good damage, but his zoning is mediocre and he doesn't really command neutral. His teleport is slow enough to not be able to really worry the opponent like Scorpion's.

4 - Jacqui could be higher. I think she is nuts.

5- Kitana maybe a tier up

just my opinion atm. I still haven't labbed a few characters. Like cassie, I still have no idea what she's about yet. But the rest of this list seems very solid.

Also: About a week 1 tier list. Of course this won't be perfect. However, I think it's pretty easy to tell a character like Shao Kahn is much worse than Erron, or that Scorpion has a lot of great things in his kit that make him very good. I labbed Erron for 5 minutes and understood why he was rated so high. It's not really hard to see.