What's new

REO vs a f0xy grampa

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Since everyone is way too busy discussing whether REO sandbagged or not and understimating EU players. I'll go ahead and ask what should have been asked already.

A F0xy Grampa UsedForGlue
As a Rain player I got to say I was intrigued by F0xy not using Bubble setups and RH cancel pressure. Is there a reason for this?

It might seem obvious F0xy probably didn't use them because the threat of :ex Nomad Dash. However, F0xy's BNB is the same combo Glue suggested to Pig a few days ago. This leads me to think F0xy's Rain simply aims for the damage and Waterport oki game.

I would like to hear your insight on this particular playstyle.
Take all the damage you can get, establish the threat of 4 RH THEN you can start doing the cancel game. The waterport oki game is also really good because 4RH can beat out some wakeups

Bildslash

Goro Lives 
Take all the damage you can get, establish the threat of 4 RH THEN you can start doing the cancel game. The waterport oki game is also really good because 4RH can beat out some wakeups
I normally go for the RH cancel game first then release the RH when they start poking out or jumping. I guess the threat is more effective if they've been hit first several times.

What about Bubble setups? Any one in particular you recommend?

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
What saddens me is that it took about 4 or so pages for these intelligent and relevant comments to appear. This whole Online vs Offline and USA vs EU non sense has to stop.
It's not that I think foxy isn't good. Dude is a beast... it's just I find it hard to take any matches played by REO serious b/c of his troll status unless it's in tournament or a money match. I mean the dude wouldn't even play serious on stream when the commentators asked him to at toryuken. That's just how he is.

That said, I still think Foxy could beat him.

It's not that I think foxy isn't good. Dude is a beast... it's just I find it hard to take any matches played by REO serious b/c of his troll status unless it's in tournament or a money match. I mean the dude wouldn't even play serious on stream when the commentators asked him to at toryuken. That's just how he is.

no, foxy WILL beat him. ( spank that kabal offline)

plus, if you see the thread he did of this match earlier, reo said he wasnt sandbaggin. lol but idk if foxy was.

Bildslash

Goro Lives 

The problem is, like Iniquity and Ketchup pointed out, had F0xy lost we would never hear the end of the bashing and shitstorm towards him. The excuses folks are making for REO (which he's never asked for) wouldn't apply to F0xy in that scenario just because.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
The problem is, like Iniquity and Ketchup pointed out, had F0xy lost we would never hear the end of the bashing and shitstorm towards him. The excuses folks are making for REO (which he's never asked for) wouldn't apply to F0xy in that scenario just because.
Oh no doubt, I don't disagree with that. It's just a bunch of known player dick riders. Pay no mind to them. lol

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Since everyone is way too busy discussing whether REO sandbagged or not and understimating EU players. I'll go ahead and ask what should have been asked already.

A F0xy Grampa UsedForGlue
As a Rain player I got to say I was intrigued by F0xy not using Bubble setups and RH cancel pressure. Is there a reason for this?

It might seem obvious F0xy probably didn't use them because the threat of :ex Nomad Dash. However, F0xy's BNB is the same combo Glue suggested to Pig a few days ago. This leads me to think F0xy's Rain simply aims for the damage and Waterport oki game.

I would like to hear your insight on this particular playstyle.
Damage. Pure and Simple, A bubble reset holds no priority over damage in Rain's case, and a Reset is only effective if you don't sacrifice any damage whilst opting for it.

After every 4 RH, or RH on its own, you can get 40+ Damage and Take their meter with :bp Bubble, Uppercut, 43 Lightning, 4 Geyser or 43 Teleport.

If you do RH, then you can only get 43 Lightning, then Bubble, which is crap damage, and not worth it, you need to maximise your damage to win with Rain.

Bildslash

Goro Lives 
Damage. Pure and Simple, A bubble reset holds no priority over damage in Rain's case, and a Reset is only effective if you don't sacrifice any damage whilst opting for it.

After every 4 RH, or RH on its own, you can get 40+ Damage and Take their meter with :bp Bubble, Uppercut, 43 Lightning, 4 Geyser or 43 Teleport.

If you do RH, then you can only get 43 Lightning, then Bubble, which is crap damage, and not worth it, you need to maximise your damage to win with Rain.
In short no Bubble resets whatsoever, correct?

UsedForGlue

In short no Bubble resets whatsoever, correct?
Its never worth it really when there is big damage on the cards, and after taking the meter early with :ex bubble, when you combo afterwards, the opponent may also opt to break and lose all their meter.

So, if you finish with a bubble, you never put the opponent in that scenario.

If you land 43 Bubble, your looking at 48%-50%, that beats a reset any day.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Foxy loses = STAY FREE EUROPE TROLOLOLOL

Foxy wins = OBVIOUSLY SANDBAGGING AND ALSO FUK ONLINE YO

It's not like only one of the two players was suffering from the lag, foxy dropped Rain combos too. I'd better not say anything witty or everyone will make a big deal out of it. (.)(.)
We all know that F0xy is amazing, but clearly REO wasn't playing his best. There were absolutely no setups even attempted, he never once landed a full combo.

UsedForGlue

We all know that F0xy is amazing, but clearly REO wasn't playing his best. There were absolutely no setups even attempted, he never once landed a full combo.
Yes.

Well the bottom line is, F0xy winning the majority of the games doesn't matter. In tournament play is where it will count, and even he said that. So lets get off this whole online match thing, it was just for entertainment purposes.

UsedForGlue

Yes.

Well the bottom line is, F0xy winning the majority of the games doesn't matter. In tournament play is where it will count, and even he knows that himself. So lets get off this whole online match thing, it was just for entertainment purposes.

SatsuiYesHadou

Yung Kneecaps
More like f0xy was sandbagging... Beat him down with JC a few times to establish his superiority and then go to a secondary. Now get that man some sunglasses and get him a backup pair too

Wildabeast

The Bat in the Hat
More like f0xy was sandbagging... Beat him down with JC a few times to establish his superiority and then go to a secondary. Now get that man some sunglasses and get him a backup pair too
Foxy was sandbagging, REO wasn't exactly on his game. Did you see how many combos he dropped? How weak his pressure was? REO is a guy known to have pin point execution. This set doesn't mean anything no matter which player came out on top, Evo will settle things.

Espio

Kokomo
The matches were for fun, we know it's online, the main point is that these were just for entertainment purposes.