What's new

Remove one Kharacter, Your Pick

If Nether Realm Made You Pick only ONE Kombatant to REMOVE, who would they be, and why?

• Total voters

Wigy

There it is...
I know bro but people are just way to over on Sonya
She has a low skill floor. Up until the very high levels she's really oppressive. So for the majority of players it's not fun. Not to mention about 30% of people online play her.

Again, my opinion which I'm just explaining

xKMMx

Banned
She has a low skill floor. Up until the very high levels she's really oppressive. So for the majority of players it's not fun. Not to mention about 30% of people online play her.

Again, my opinion which I'm just explaining
I get ya man. I'm not knocking you for thinking she is tough. I'm just saying there are ways around her like every other character. I think they will eventually dial down her damage but her 50/50's wont go away.

Wigy

There it is...
I get ya man. I'm not knocking you for thinking she is tough. I'm just saying there are ways around her like every other character. I think they will eventually dial down her damage but her 50/50's wont go away.
Her zoning is the main issue. It's not worth risking jumping her projectiles until her krushing blow is gone then she had the overhead drone and can cancel rings and move in. It's too much on top of her mix and damage. TL/DR why is sonyas zoning better than almost the entire cast

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
Her zoning is the main issue. It's not worth risking jumping her projectiles until her krushing blow is gone then she had the overhead drone and can cancel rings and move in. It's too much on top of her mix and damage. TL/DR why is sonyas zoning better than almost the entire cast
This. As both a Sonya and Erron Black player I'm pretty sure they will get altered in some way. They're both ridiculous. Lol

If you've ever watched Scar play Sonya, her mix actually has a lot more depth than most people realize. It's not super easy to do against other high level players, but the rest of her stuff is definitely not too hard to pull off consistently. Her anti-air is also some of the best in the game for high damage conversion.

Blade4693

VIVIVI
He’s pretty key to the franchise though
Yeah I know he is an iconic character and everything but I just don't like him. He is just one of those characters that has overstayed their welcome for me. I know the same could be said about a lot of others but Kano to me just seems replaceable, like Kabal could take up role as Black Dragon leader and the story would be just fine without Kano.

DrFolmer

AKA Uncle Kano
I swear she's the dumbest design

"hey guys, wouldnt it be cool if we gave the most dangerous up close 50/50 character a top 3 zoning game just for the lulz?"

Osagri

Fear the blade of Osh-Tekk
I like the character, and I even enjoy plays as him, but fuck Scorpion, F34, teleport, teleport ex, teleport cancel, and his walkspeed. It’s not that he might be overpowered, but plying against him means you aren’t gonna use most of your tools. I think we should be able to parry his teleport, but i’m probably alone in that lol
And why would parry be better than blocking and punishing?

DrFolmer

AKA Uncle Kano
And why would parry be better than blocking and punishing?
I see your point. If Scorpion is knocked down in the corner it doesnt matter if he wakes up with teleport or does his low starter into it (granted he reads parry on wakeup). I have had one time as Johnny Cage where I bait a teleport trying to parry it into a full combo and Scorpion just hit me. Now I just punish it with usual starters. But the reason why a parry could be convenient is that you do not have to worry about EX teleport on block which for a lot of players mess up the punishment - Parry takes away that element entirely