What's new

Remove one Kharacter, Your Pick

If Nether Realm Made You Pick only ONE Kombatant to REMOVE, who would they be, and why?

• Total voters

Tanya-Fan-28

TanyaShouldBeInMK11
I guess Lore wise the Kollector. There's literally no point of his presence, design wise & backstory wise. I get they are going for impoverished underdog vibes but his development is as good as any NPC. I'm not being anti poor for characters because I grew up poor but if you're going that route, give him a good reason why he's part of the universe. As much as I hate retcons, Skarlets backstory is similar yet executed better. She grew up a homeless orphan, taken under the wing of an OG mk veteran: Shao Khan, and became a blood-weilding ninja that lives to serve him & Outworld. She has a good enough reason to be included in the MK universe. Kollector is just an igor with no purpose. He's filler. Even Dvorah has proven more useful in the story, as a fan-fave killer plot device anyways.

Ck AeroVoid

Mk Casual, KI God
I guess Lore wise the Kollector. There's literally no point of his presence, design wise & backstory wise. I get they are going for impoverished underdog vibes but his development is as good as any NPC. I'm not being anti poor for characters because I grew up poor but if you're going that route, give him a good reason why he's part of the universe. As much as I hate retcons, Skarlets backstory is similar yet executed better. She grew up a homeless orphan, taken under the wing of an OG mk veteran: Shao Khan, and became a blood-weilding ninja that lives to serve him & Outworld. She has a good enough reason to be included in the MK universe. Kollector is just an igor with no purpose. He's filler. Even Dvorah has proven more useful in the story, as a fan-fave killer plot device anyways.
That is only because they don't know what bug spray is

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
To me, it's a toss-up between Geras and Sonya. Decided on Sonya since it'd not only get rid of an OP character, it'd also get rid of a character voiced by Ronda "The Elcors From Mass Effect Show More Emotion than Me" Rousey.

Yknow I was gonna pick Jacqui Briggs until I realized...fuck sonya blade

I have had enough of her boring character arc, her moldy and stale feud with Kano, her constant top 5 presence and her nasty scowl being around for a decade, and she's only missed what? 2 games?

Please NRS...Third Time's the Charm.

Jade

That whole haha I'm gonna run the whole match while throwing shit at you and guess what.. I'm immune to you throwing shit back design as wack as fuck to play against.

CriticalDrop

Beers, grabs & dropped combos
I was about to vote for Scorp, since this scorpion plague that we have online has gone out of hand, but I love scorpion as a character, and he was my favourite back in the nineties when I played Ultimate Mk3 in my Sega Mega Drive. I simply can't vote against him...
Sooo, I'll go for Geras, but only because everytime he lands a combo I get asleep in the middle of the fight.

xKMMx

Banned
Sonya must stay. She's too successful and popular to go. Ronda's ICONIC voice makes this the best incarnation of the character ever.

I chose Kabal. Irrelevant to the game in every way. Bringing him back actually ruined his reputation. What a jobber. I nearly chose Kollector though. Shao Kahn's tax collector? He's the new Hsu Hao.
Honestly I think Rhonda doing the character is a pretty cool thing but in my opinion if you didn't know it was her you'd never be able to pick her voice out of a lineup of other women. Her voice is not unique.

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
Honestly I think Rhonda doing the character is a pretty cool thing but in my opinion if you didn't know it was her you'd never be able to pick her voice out of a lineup of other women. Her voice is not unique.
Yeah, even if I can take issue with how she is as a person, it doesn't affect her getting a shot at doing voiceover work. Its her voiceover work that affects that, and her acting is shit.