What's new

Relaxed's Cyborg MU Chart

Espio

Kokomo
I'd really like to run the Hawkgirl versus Cyborg match up, but competent Cyborg players are so rare, any Cyborg players on PS3 that would like to grind this match up with me?

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
Same reasons as ares. You can't zone normally because he can just teleport through and rape you
Yeah it is tough. I have found that regular Ground Fireballs really mess with his tele as it isn't completely invincible. Charging them can really fuck up his timing too. I still get molested by his grapple setup though when he is in on me. I don't know how to escape that cray

Arrow is 4-6 definitely. And I'm not just saying I lose to Chris g

Arrow can zone out cyborg easily with fire arrows. Ducks right under anything you do and knocks you down, of you try to jump high to do an ex he can just come up with you
When up close, you can never ever try to think about doing d1 disruptor because you'll get d1icearrowed In between every time.

Coming around on the batgirl matchup. I think it MIGHT be 5-5 teleport is slow so you can bait him out with iafbs if you're not just derping them.
Scorpion will be 4-6 regardless of nerfs.

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
Updated some MU after EVO. His fireballs are still pretty underrated at this point.
I think with time people will see how messed up they can be, along with his zoning set-ups

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
Relaxedstate, hey man could you give me break down for Cyborg-DD MU? I haven't played yet a good Cyborg, so i would like to know why its an even MU against DD.
Generally, Doomsday has phenomenal mobility for keeping up with Cyborg. Cyborg can zone DD very effectively, however I always have to be wary because of your teleport slam... I will always be looking to dash/wiff punish it. But it keeps me from brain-dead spamming fireballs. Trait works well for DD also. I should be able to keep you at bay, but DD WILL get in. He is so good at keeping Cyborg in the corner and dealing damage that even if I take half of your life away from chip/zoning, by the time you get in to me it could easily be game over. Some of your moves have big enough holes in them that I can grapple out. But the zipline animation only goes so far so fast. DD need 2 dashes to make up the distance (1 of which you can do while I am still in the air.)

5-5 for me right now against really good DDs. If it had to lean in a characters favor I would say Cyborg 6-4. If I respect the character and just play the MU safe, I usually do well. We should just play though!

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
Fixed. Cyborg beats superman. Easy reads for the most part. Smart grapples, dashes and push-blocks will keep everything safe. Only thing keeping this from a 7-3 is supermans damage, armor breaking trait, and fast mid-hitter

I am also on the verge of making Killer Frost a good MU for Cyborg also.

Will play Khaotik this weekend to find out for sure. Cyborg can zone the shit out of her and escape her standing resets with instant grapple armor.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Fixed. Cyborg beats superman. Easy reads for the most part. Smart grapples, dashes and push-blocks will keep everything safe. Only thing keeping this from a 7-3 is supermans damage, armor breaking trait, and fast mid-hitter

I am also on the verge of making Killer Frost a good MU for Cyborg also.

Will play Khaotik this weekend to find out for sure. Cyborg can zone the shit out of her and escape her standing resets with instant grapple armor.
Can't escape the j2 2 reset at all. It's +22 on hit and she can go for b1 slide/u3/mbf3(18f startup) or f3 (19f startup). Guessing right is the only way to escape.

I think you can escape the meterless vortex tho. We are gonna grind this MU this weekend.

I don't really see how he can have an advantage on any character that has a projectile that travels full screen distance quickly like Harley, joker and deathstroke. it diminishes IAFB viability very significantly. I don't have THAT much experience with it though the only times ive played it really are a few random people online and that guy who goes to next level/the break forgot his name

but yeah lots of patience is required in this matchup if the Harley knows to continuously use the guns

YOMI DJT

LIn Kuei Champion
I can see cyborg vs GL being 7-3 but idk. If gl gets the lead then cyborg has to get in on gl. His offense is decent but not that great. I feel like its close to 4-6 cyborg or 5-5 imo.
His iafb are extremely good at the lowest lvl nobody can outzone him when he does like that imo.
I want to play your borg or jailhouse borg at tfc.

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
Relaxedstate NY_Jailhouse What are your thoughts on the Harley MU. I see Relaxedstate says 6-4 while Jailhouse says 5-5. I'm picking Cyborg up since AK doesn't have one and I was really curious about this MU
I think it is 6-4 although I have had some HArley give me significant trouble. You can deal with her guns as she gets hit out of the start-up with well timed IAFB. IAFB will keep her locked down, you may eventually mess up and trade but it 8% FB to her 4% gunshot. If she is pressuring you down with guns then jump up high and MB nova-blast to regain your zoning pressure. When she blocks one you can get another fireball off, but she can shoot a gun shot (hoping for a trade). Be smart and duck the gunshot and respond with another fireball. Once a fireball hits her (wiff punish her if you shot her and ducked her last shot) you have enough advantage to machine gun them and there is nothing she can do except crouch walk in, or haphazredly jump. (Anymove greater than 18frames startup will get hit out of at full screen.)

Don't ever wakeup against her because her Dash-NJ will reverse your wake-up/make it wiff. Try and punish cart-wheel with standing 1 combos, as it is -6. When you are in the corner against her hold-back to negate her NJ-crossup then push block and grapple out. Use lots of d1s upclose and groundfireballs/missles once she starts respecting your ability to IANB.

I can see cyborg vs GL being 7-3 but idk. If gl gets the lead then cyborg has to get in on gl. His offense is decent but not that great. I feel like its close to 4-6 cyborg or 5-5 imo.
His iafb are extremely good at the lowest lvl nobody can outzone him when he does like that imo.
I want to play your borg or jailhouse borg at tfc.
I don't believe il be travelling to any more tournaments outside of ny for at least as long as I work my current job. We can play online though
Or visit new York lol

YOMI DJT

LIn Kuei Champion
I don't believe il be travelling to any more tournaments outside of ny for at least as long as I work my current job. We can play online though
Or visit new York lol
I've been to NY once and I like it out there its tight. I'm on psn. but if you are only xbox we cant play:( aha.

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
After seeing and playing the cyborg MU even more it is definitally in Ares' favor, Ares counter zones so effectivly and doesnt even have to rely on the teleport. That alone is devastating to Cyborgs game.

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
Aside from teleporting against Cyborg's IAFBs, what makes MMH a bad MU for Cyborg out of 'in theory'? Haven never played the MU myself and don't think I'll be able to any time soon.

YOMI DJT

LIn Kuei Champion
no lie there, mr denzell i would love to grind out the gl MU with you, even if online on PSN, I know Ares mu exp is rare wink wink
yeah we can definitely do that when I have time to get on ps3.
Ima have to delete another friend so I can add you aha.