What's new

Reiko General Discussion

He definitely looks like Reiko the Sauceless with these create-a-character animations...

That said his overall movelist seems like it has a lot of potential.

His normals look like they shut down jumping which is going to really open up his command grab.

Two things I want to know:
1. Is his tackle a real command grab? If so, is it mid?

2. I saw a vid saying he cant tick into his standing cmd grab. If thats the case, I REALLY hope his tackle is legit....

Bummer man...no love for Reiko here from anybody?

bummed people arent feeling his design here but I understand...Idk .I think he looks dope! cant wait to see his gear!
He doesn't play like his previous two appearances. Removing the flip kick was huge because that was his bnb.

He only retains the shurikens and everything else is completely new.

I don't hate the character. He was my main in MK4. But it's going to take a huge adjustment period for me.

Hara-Killer

Reverse Salt
NRS cut his alpha traits from MK4

new Reiko looks cool , probably gonna be cool but why no shoulder charge and bionic flip kick ? dam

SCMunnerlyn1

You should have respected my Authoritah!
So fun fact.. you can do both command grabs in a single combo. I kameo with cyrax (who kinda sucks btw. NRS MEANT that net wasnt gonna break the game) you can start the low grab and bring the kameo in during it for a launcher and keep going and finish with the high grab.

bummed people arent feeling his design here but I understand...Idk .I think he looks dope! cant wait to see his gear!
Honestly he just needs a different stance. I like everything else. He's commando Kano so I'm on it. Can't wait to see how his tik throws if he even have any Are. He might be my second to havik

Nah man I like all of him so far. He comes off as a legit fighter. His walk speed seems FAST and I think he has a lot of potential. He carries himself like an actual fighter instead of anything fancy. I like that a lot more than flashy crap.

SCMunnerlyn1

You should have respected my Authoritah!
My impressions so far having put several hours in the lab.

He's not great and that's a bummer.

Maybe I'm uninspired because I don't really play grapplers. You can get way more from others for a lot less it seems.

BanTheTesters

“My AGENT is tougher than you...”
2. I saw a vid saying he cant tick into his standing cmd grab. If thats the case, I REALLY hope his tackle is legit....
Oh no….was trying him out the other day in the lab and didn’t notice this…crap..

yea that’s going to be real rough if not with all the other mechanics going on in the game etc…hope this isn’t the case

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
reiko has no tick grabs at all

geras has 2, although 1 you will die for trying it once they know the string.